Thursday's Challenge...only for those with will-power!

Options
OK - there's been a lot of talk about candy today! I know that after an evening of Trick-or-Treating with my kiddos our house will be filled with all kinds of sugary goodness.

HOWEVER, for the sake of this challenge, I'm going to ask you to step away from the candy dish and eat something "clean & healthy" instead! Then, tell us what good choices you're making throughout the day.

I've tried to give you lots of time to prepare mentally for this challenge. I'm certainly not telling you early so you can binge tonight. :-) We're just begining this journey together and if we start stong, we're going to finish even stronger!!

Let's do this!!!

Replies

• Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge and will let you know how it goes. Already did one step towards this challenge. I made sure to buy candy that I don't like. Until tomorrow....Happy Healthy Halloween Everyone.
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    I'm new to this group and I'm in!!!! love it!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I accept! Game on! :)
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Such a great challenge!! I'm in but my son is only 17 months old and we will be handing out the candy we bought so hopefully tomorrow there will be NONE left :D
  • therockhound1
    therockhound1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was naughty on Monday when I bought the candy and ate 2 of the mini 3 musketeers (ok, so it's not that bad, but it could have been). I just love those!! However, I haven't had any since then. So, I think I will accept the challenge!! No candy for me. Awesome idea BTW :)
  • Annaminus20
    Options
    Easy for me since we generally don't ToT in Europe ;) but I'll join to support!! You can do this!!
  • spe8421
    spe8421 Posts: 11
    Options
    I will accept the challenge. Don't get too many trick-or-treaters as I live in the country but needed to get some candy just in case. A bag of snickers is all I bought. I will send the bag with my hubby in the morning to keep in the tractor so I will not be tempted to eat them. Out of sight out of mind.
  • nursy14
    nursy14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i accept the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jewlz411
    Jewlz411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will accept this challenge. I know it will NOT be easy; but I know it will be worth it. We usually have a lot of trick-or-treaters & usually don't have any extra candy that we bought... but my son will have candy that he doesn't like that he will offer up. I will have to say no & find something else. If he has a lot I will bring it in to work for the guys, so it doesn't hang around our house too long :wink:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I missed today's challenge as I only just joined but will definitely give Thursdays a go, it will be hard though as I'll be travelling for a few hours and its hard to find healthy snacks at the coach stations.
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had a very stressful day today and I really, REALLY wanted to binge. I did have 3 pieces of candy, all "fun" sized or mini or whatever, but I logged everything and came out only 12 calories over my goal today. So it's a small victory! I will do better tomorrow. I now am confident that I can get through a bad day without food to comfort me.

EDIT: I just realized that this was tomorrow's challenge and I actually did complete today's challenge (drinking water) :-) I've got this challenge tomorrow!
  • PhilipHall
    PhilipHall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Accepted!!
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge. I don't have any children so this should be easy right? No way - I love candy! I also live in a neighborhood that is very popular for tricker treaters. So, I decided this year that I was not going to participate and I went to the Y instead and worked out.

Now - Thursday's challenge will be to not touch the "leftover" candy my co-workers bring to the office to share! I have done so well cutting out this sugar from my diet the past couple of weeks and I am not going to blow it now.
  • lglahti
    lglahti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge, good idea btw
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I gladly accept this challenge! I cheated today and had 3 fun size candy bars. No more for me!!
  • NDavila75
    NDavila75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    NO CANDY!! I had some organic eggs for b-fast, fresh roasted pumpkin seeds, an apple, at dinner I had an Amy's Indian Samosa.
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its on!! I did really good tonight I had maybe like 3-4 mini pieces I know I will do even better tomorrow and the next day after and so on!! I told them to hide their candy from mommy and they know too that mommy needs to be good! Good luck to us all!!
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also accept this challenge. I went trick-or-treating with my grandbabies tonight and when we got home I sent all the candy I had in the house home with them :)
  • cznutz
    cznutz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Accepted! No candy for me. Started off the day with some oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder.