Weight Gain Update

Options

Replies

• jomiley23
    Options
    Official weigh in and 20week ultrasound.

My weight - 244 (So 7 lbs gained from prepregger weight)
    Baby's weight - 10oz.

Right on track for 20 weeks.

But I cannot stress enough how important it is FOR ME to keep tracking my food. Even if I'm not trying to lose, I don't want to lose the habit, and especially awareness of my sodium intake and water drinking. I slacked off, but I'm feeling the effects of my laziness.

Back on track.
    May even get back into walking at night, now that temps are dropping.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    37 weeks and up 44lbs...*le sigh*
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in and 20week ultrasound.

My weight - 244 (So 7 lbs gained from prepregger weight)
    Baby's weight - 10oz.

Right on track for 20 weeks.

But I cannot stress enough how important it is FOR ME to keep tracking my food. Even if I'm not trying to lose, I don't want to lose the habit, and especially awareness of my sodium intake and water drinking. I slacked off, but I'm feeling the effects of my laziness.

Back on track.
    May even get back into walking at night, now that temps are dropping.

I am still logging because tracking my sodium is vital for me. For some reason my body is super sensitive to sodium. If I eat too much (even if my calories are really low) the scale will blow up!!!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    44lbs@34weeks :(
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Officially up 48.6lbs @ 36 weeks, only gained 0.6lb from last week though, hopefully it continues at this pace.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Up 43lbs at 31 weeks :(, It will be a miracle if i can keep it under 60lbs now
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    31 weeks and I am at 18 lbs really trying to keep it under 25 lbs but the weight seems to be coming on quicker and easier these days. Plus, I've noticed that I am starting to swell slightly so I mus be retaining some water weight. Oh well, only 8 more weeks to go until my c-section so I'll just keep hanging in there!
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Up 43lbs at 31 weeks :(, It will be a miracle if i can keep it under 60lbs now

I know how healthy you are being and working out so much. I am sure this weight will come off quickly once the pregnancy is over.
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    16 weeks and 10.8 lbs gained. My first trimester gain was quite high, but now it seems to have slowed down some.

I'm trying to gain about 25 lbs. I gained 27 lbs in my first pregnancy and I was really paying attention to my food intake then.

This time around everyone keeps telling me I'll gain more than my first pregnancy, so I'm not sure what will happen. I am just trying to stay healthy throughout.

Good luck ladies!!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    53lbs@37 weeks, now hoping to stay under 60, hopefully I don't gain more than 7lbs in the next 3-4 weeks!
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, this is my first post. I really need to start tracking my food because my gain is out of control =( Around how many calories do y'all consume? I'm at 174lbs now.

16weeks, up 14lbs =/

I was trying to not gain more than 25lbs, but that just doesnt seem possible now.
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm 16 weeks and was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes by 8 weeks so have been on Glyburide 2.5mg at night for that and have been tracking my food. My OB said it would be good for me to lose 10-15 pounds during my first trimester so I left my calorie level at -0.5 lbs/week during the first trimester which gave me 2000 cal/day. And i think bc of the baby requiring more calories than that I ended up losing a total of about 12 lbs in the first trimester from my pre-pregnancy weight of 222 (at 5'2"). Since entering the 2nd trimester I upped my calories to maintenance (which is 2180 cal/day) and I've lost another 0.8 in the past 2 weeks. So total loss 12.8 lbs. Tracking for me has been KEY bc I've found that the week (12th wk) that I didn't track I gained weight (~2 lbs) and my sugars were higher than usual.

My OB wanted me to eat 1800 cal for the first trimester and I was like are you kidding me? I struggle to stay under 2000 calories on MFP as it is! You want me to eat less?! And so I nodded in agreement but secretly went home and kept eating my 2K and then when she said I could eat 2K I upped it to 2200. I need my food. For the 3rd trimester I think she'll give me 2300 and I'll probably do 2500 then. My doc is very skinny and i don't think she understands that some people just need more food. Lol. Anyway, as per her, my weight gain goal is a maximum of 20lbs and a minimum of 0. She'd love it if I didn't gain a pound and now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm hoping the same, even though I know it'll be hard. Sigh, how I wish I was a skinny mini that had my doc telling me to EAT, EAT, EAT!!!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Up 33 pounds at 38 weeks!.. Hoping not to gain too much more these last couple weeks!
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Hey ladies, this is my first post. I really need to start tracking my food because my gain is out of control =( Around how many calories do y'all consume? I'm at 174lbs now.

16weeks, up 14lbs =/

I was trying to not gain more than 25lbs, but that just doesnt seem possible now.

I started out in the "obese" category so I have my calories set to lose 1/2 lb per week and that is honestly more than enough for me. I think most women have theirs set to maintenance mode though.
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm 16 weeks and was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes by 8 weeks so have been on Glyburide 2.5mg at night for that and have been tracking my food. My OB said it would be good for me to lose 10-15 pounds during my first trimester so I left my calorie level at -0.5 lbs/week during the first trimester which gave me 2000 cal/day. And i think bc of the baby requiring more calories than that I ended up losing a total of about 12 lbs in the first trimester from my pre-pregnancy weight of 222 (at 5'2"). Since entering the 2nd trimester I upped my calories to maintenance (which is 2180 cal/day) and I've lost another 0.8 in the past 2 weeks. So total loss 12.8 lbs. Tracking for me has been KEY bc I've found that the week (12th wk) that I didn't track I gained weight (~2 lbs) and my sugars were higher than usual.

My OB wanted me to eat 1800 cal for the first trimester and I was like are you kidding me? I struggle to stay under 2000 calories on MFP as it is! You want me to eat less?! And so I nodded in agreement but secretly went home and kept eating my 2K and then when she said I could eat 2K I upped it to 2200. I need my food. For the 3rd trimester I think she'll give me 2300 and I'll probably do 2500 then. My doc is very skinny and i don't think she understands that some people just need more food. Lol. Anyway, as per her, my weight gain goal is a maximum of 20lbs and a minimum of 0. She'd love it if I didn't gain a pound and now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm hoping the same, even though I know it'll be hard. Sigh, how I wish I was a skinny mini that had my doc telling me to EAT, EAT, EAT!!!!

I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and it was so hard for me to eat healthy the entire time. Although, I really only had to worry about the last 3 months b/c the rest of the time I was really sick (I had hyperemesis gravidarum). The best advice I can give is to watch your carbs. As long as my carbs were in check my blood sugars were fine and I didn't pack on the pounds. Good luck!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 weeks and have pretty much stayed around the same weight as when I got pregnant (between 191-194'ish) although my waist has already gotten about 3 inches bigger :/. I'd like to lose 5-10 lbs by week 20, but with the ridiculous amount of water retention I have while I'm pregnant, I don't know if that will happen!
  • sarbobar
    sarbobar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, first time poster here. A short history of my weight loss: was 214lbs a few years ago, lost 58lbs and kept it off. I was 160lbs when I got pregnant.

I thought for sure I would be able to control my weight during pregnancy (first baby) since I was so used to eating right and exercising, but it's definitely out of control. I've gained 34lbs already and I'm only 23 weeks. My maternity clothes from when I was 12weeks all still fit and people tell me I look great, but it's hard not to be discouraged especially since I know the gain is mostly from what I put in my mouth. It's not too late for me to get serious about my nutrition and make sure I am feeding my growing baby the right stuff. I just need to make better choices (which, as some of you may know, is very difficult when all you can think about is fat and carbs). Being a former food addict and pregnant is difficult mentally when it comes to food. It's easy to let go because people keep telling you it's "ok" to eat what you eat.
    I know a lot of my weight is water (swollen ankles, feet and hands), boobs and belly. My breasts have gone from a modest C cup to a very generous F/G cup. Nurses called my mom Dolly Parton when she had us, and my sis also gained a lot of volume there.
    Someone told me the other day that I didn't look pregnant from behind :) That made me feel so good! I know my baby girl is healthy but I don't want to have a difficult delivery or cause her to get too chubby before she's born because it can cause a lot of issues. As long as I can control my weight from now on while providing her the nutrients she needs to grow, I'll be ecstatic :D
    Sorry for babbling, I don't really have anyone to talk to that knows what I'm going through.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    10 Weeks and gained between 4-5 pounds so far. I'm really hoping my weight gain slows down. I would like to keep my gain to about 25-30 pounds. I gained 36 with my last and it took me forever to lose that, but then I went on to lose 30 more pounds so stepping on the scale and seeing the numbers go up has been very difficult for me.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    33 weeks and up 49lbs. Doubt i will be able to keep it under 60
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    almost 8 weeks, up 1lb.... Not happy about it. Last time I lost 5lbs!