Yoga in the Morning

Options
124»

Replies

• sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of Vinyasa Power Flow. Thank you You Tube. Sadie somebody or other, kicks butt.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did about 40 min. of yoga yesterday, and my ankles are killing me today. I don't know why. Lots of up and down dog. I've never had my ankles so tight after a yoga workout. Hmmmm.:ohwell:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    @sweetbippy

hope you are feeling better !
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I haven't been consistently doing yoga ..... no reason other than I'm exhausted ..... missing the stretch ...... without it, my back feels tight all day ..... gotta get back into the routine :yawn:
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Sadie Nardini!!! Have only done core strength vinyasa since discovering her in May and dropped two stone as well as managing some wobbly but fun arm balances. You can see my biceps for the first time EVER! I used to get a bit sore around the knees and found she gives better alignment tips in her dvds which stop you twisting bits that aren't meant to. I do a mix of You Tube and her dvds (you can get more if you sign up for her Daily Om online courses which cost what you can afford and link you for free to an excellent 90 min vid), but only used to do 20 minutes max when I started out. Now 45-60 depending on the day / my mood... Glad to have found this group.

Abi
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Welcome Abi. I am checking out those You Tube vids.
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for directing me here! Nice to be amongst yoga friends. So tempting to dig around the forums here as opposed to tackling my'due in one week' college assignment :yawn: Perhaps I'll just go and stretch a little first :happy: Is practice any less effective if used to procrastinate?
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I will be taking a walk around town and then I should be ready to go with my yoga session later this morning. With the time change last week it really threw off my body circadian rythm and doing yoga first thing in the morning has been a wash. The sunlight really has an affect on me. I have a sun lamp that I might try to move towards my yoga area and see if that helps:glasses: . Namaste everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • oakfruit
    oakfruit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow yogis! My favorite thing to do after I roll out of bed is to light a candle or two (it's usually pretty dark; I'm an earlybird) and do one or more of those yoga routines in each issue of Yoga Journal - I have a folder full of them. This morning I did 3 in a row (took about half an hour) and it was blissful! I find it's such a nice way to spend my off-days from running. I don't really like watching YouTube (or other) yoga videos because I find the "presence" of another person kinds of throws off my energy - I like to be able to listen to my thoughts.

It's also nice to be able to choose how long I want to hold a pose for - generally I hold everything for five breaths, but I like having the freedom to change it up whenever I want to. Yoga instructors can be so intimidating when I'm not in the mood to push hard.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Namaste.
    This morning I felt a little unstable when I found my regular teacher was away and we had someone stand in. I decided to open my heart and mind and it turned out to be a really challenging and rewarding session. Later in the afternoon I did my bodyweight strength session and I felt eally energised.

I hope your day was wonderful.
  • pambarr
    pambarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will try a little yoga in the morning
  • pambarr
    pambarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes today. It feels nice!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes today. It feels nice!

Good for you!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow yogis! My favorite thing to do after I roll out of bed is to light a candle or two (it's usually pretty dark; I'm an earlybird) and do one or more of those yoga routines in each issue of Yoga Journal - I have a folder full of them. This morning I did 3 in a row (took about half an hour) and it was blissful! I find it's such a nice way to spend my off-days from running. I don't really like watching YouTube (or other) yoga videos because I find the "presence" of another person kinds of throws off my energy - I like to be able to listen to my thoughts.

It's also nice to be able to choose how long I want to hold a pose for - generally I hold everything for five breaths, but I like having the freedom to change it up whenever I want to. Yoga instructors can be so intimidating when I'm not in the mood to push hard.

That's so cool, I'm not a 'free form" yoga person at all, I just do my DVDs and hold poses as long as the instructor says. I am useless without guidance!