1st Trimester

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. No symptoms really other than falling asleep at 8:30, and getting heartburn more easily.

Sounds like several of you have had symptoms, and are getting back to normal as you wrap up the first trimester :)

What do you guys do with your weight tracker during pregnancy? Set it to gain to recommended amount?
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    I'm about 10 weeks tomorrow and the nausea/puking set in really badly two weeks ago, my boobs are already getting humongous, and my waist is already getting bigger :O(. I puked/had terrible heartburn all the way until the birth of my son last year...I so hope it doesn't last that long with this pregnancy! I guess I can live through it if the baby is just as healthy and happy as my son is :O). They say my symptoms are exaggerated because I have red hair...that doesn't make any sense to me. lol.
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Hi ladies, my name is Kara and expecting baby number two July 16th, our first sweet girl was born Feb. 16, 2011 .

My heartburn stayed the entire time with Airlie , too ! No, she did not have a full head of hair, she took after her dad. In fact, she didn't grow any more hair until she was 13 months and she's 21 months this month, but it's super curly.

It's kind of confusing to have to reply or post questions in just one thread .
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Hi ladies... I still have not found relief from the nausea. Anyone found anything natural? I am over 8 weeks and I have gained only 1lb and my bloat is FIANLLY starting to ease!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Hi everyone. I found out today that I am due June 2. I am very surprised since I was told I would not be able to have another child. I am 36 and this will be my third child.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Hi ladies... I still have not found relief from the nausea. Anyone found anything natural? I am over 8 weeks and I have gained only 1lb and my bloat is FIANLLY starting to ease!

Fresh ginger, either as is or as a tea can help. Hard candies can also help. If you look up Preggo Pops - those can help too, but a few of the flavors were kind of strange.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    my only relief with nausea was to keep something on my stomach at all times...whether it be saltines, chips....whatever. Even though the last thing I wanted was food in my mouth it's the only thing I've ever found to provide relief. Hang in there, hopefully it'll ease up for you. This upcoming Sat marks week 12 for me and the nausea has improved a ton in the past week and half.
  • c1better
    c1better Posts: 15 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I am about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and may be having a miscarriage. I am experiencing slight bleeding (no cramping) and I am having my first Ultrasound tomorrow.

Please wish me luck!

I'm praying for the best but bracing for the worst.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I am about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and may be having a miscarriage. I am experiencing slight bleeding (no cramping) and I am having my first Ultrasound tomorrow.

Please wish me luck!

*hugs* Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Thinking of you C1. From what I am reading some bleeding can be normal in the first trimester.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Hi Everyone,

Please wish me luck!

Praying that everything goes well for you...
  • c1better
    c1better Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the prayers you guys.

Well the outcome wasn't good. I am nine weeks pregnant and there is no heartbeat. I have uterine fibroids; they are blocking the implantation of the baby. If the miscarriage doesn't happen on its on, I'm scheduled to have my pregnancy terminated next week. :cry:

Please pray for me and my family.

I'm going to stay with the group, because we will be trying again after my surgery to remove the fibroids. Good luck to you all!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Hi everyone,

Well the outcome wasn't good. I am nine weeks pregnant and there is no heartbeat. I have uterine fibroids; they are blocking the implantation of the baby. If the miscarriage doesn't happen on its on, I'm scheduled to have my pregnancy terminated next week. :cry:

I'm going to stay with the group, because we will be trying again after my surgery to remove the fibroids. Good luck to you all!

Oh, honey, I am so, so sorry. (Sorry, I wasn't on here yesterday and didn't see your first message.) Fibroids are no fun in and of themselves, so I really feel for you. Please stick with us and keep us posted on your surgery, and hopefully you'll be sharing good news with us soon enough. I will pray for you!
  • vim_n_vigor
    Hi everyone,

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll pray for you and your family. I hope all goes well with your surgery and that your physical and emotional healing is quick.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    I am so sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what you must be going through, but I'm definitely praying for you!
  • RBXChas
    I keep reading different things about when the second trimester starts. I've read anywhere from week 13 to week 15. I'm in week 13, so I'm not sure if I need to move over to the 2nd trimester board or wait until next week (when I'll be in week 14 - or maybe the week after, when I'll be in week 15!).

My OB's info sheet isn't clear on it but seems to imply that at week 14 I will be in the second trimester.

What's your take?
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    If you follow this: http://www.baby2see.com/timeline.html

2nd Tri starts at 13 weeks + 3 days ... that makes sense to me, since it's about as close to a 1/3 of the pregnancy as you can get :happy:

And, with that being said... see you all in the 2nd Tri Board soon!!
  • RBXChas

2nd Tri starts at 13 weeks + 3 days ... that makes sense to me, since it's about as close to a 1/3 of the pregnancy as you can get :happy:

Thanks! I am 13w2d today... so I guess I'm on my last day :happy:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Hi everyone,

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope the surgery goes well and you can recover shortly.
  • RBXChas

Thanks! I am 13w2d today... so I guess I'm on my last day :happy:

I am 13w3d today, so I am off to 2nd trimester! Yay!

I will see you all there soon enough :smile: