November Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Made it through another day! Thanks to all my friends for your support!!

As of 11/15:

Me - 8
    The Binge - 6 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12)
    Logged everything every day this month.

Yay! I'm ahead of the binge! Doing this has proven that I pretty much have a binge every two to three days, which is what I thought. I'm hoping, as someone else said, that the urges will lessen.

My office mate is going to be out this afternoon and as soon as she reminded me my brain went "ooh, what can I eat this afternoon because she won't be here and I can eat whatever"...WTF!?! Sneaky!! NO! Not gonna happen!!

So my goals for today are to log everything before eating it and no binges. Just for today! :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    ...November 15th, 2012.

Me: 13

The Binge: 2 (11/1, 11/2)

I was really down last night, me and my boyfriend were arguing and he didn't text me good morning before he had to work this morning, he said he might not in the morning because he was a bit ticked off. -sigh-
    I didn't give that an excuse to binge, though!! I'm going to make it to 2 weeks binge free. No self sabotages, I'm trying not to fear anything... I don't want to fear success... I deserve it.
    FEAR is a demon isn't it. Keep up the good work and I love your new profile picture too!!

Thank you!

I'm also finding that when I read about intuitive eating sites, they give easy guidelines that help me eat mindfully during meals. I'm still counting calories though.

This is a good site:
    http://amihungry.com/7-steps-without-dieting.shtml

http://www.eatwhatyoulovelovewhatyoueat.com/
    and that blog^
    I count calories too. I have to but I have them high and even when I exceed them I do not beat myself up or freak out. I am a subscriber to "Am I hungry?" newsletters. I think she sends them once a month and I like that. Some of the articles I post are from that site. Thanks for posting these for us because some may not be aware of them.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    As of November 15

Suzanne: 12
    Binge: 3 (3, 4, 8)

MUCH better month! I made it for a whole week without binging..I'm still in the stage where I'm nibbling just a tad..had one day where I was over by 700 calories because of a splurge meal, but don't really consider "cheat meals" as binges. I lost 0.8lbs the week I stayed binge free, and it was awesome and such a good feeling to see the scale go in the direction I want it too. :bigsmile:

Everyone, you can do this and take it one day at a time!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    As of November 15

Suzanne: 12
    Binge: 3 (3, 4, 8)

MUCH better month! I made it for a whole week without binging..I'm still in the stage where I'm nibbling just a tad..had one day where I was over by 700 calories because of a splurge meal, but don't really consider "cheat meals" as binges. I lost 0.8lbs the week I stayed binge free, and it was awesome and such a good feeling to see the scale go in the direction I want it too. :bigsmile:

Everyone, you can do this and take it one day at a time!

I've had meals where I splurged, I just don't feel guilty -- the guilt always brings me to binge. And no, having a high calorie meal once in awhile isn't binge eating. :)

You're doing fantastic!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Made it through another day! Thanks to all my friends for your support!!

As of 11/15:

Me - 8
    The Binge - 6 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12)
    Logged everything every day this month.

Yay! I'm ahead of the binge! Doing this has proven that I pretty much have a binge every two to three days, which is what I thought. I'm hoping, as someone else said, that the urges will lessen.

My office mate is going to be out this afternoon and as soon as she reminded me my brain went "ooh, what can I eat this afternoon because she won't be here and I can eat whatever"...WTF!?! Sneaky!! NO! Not gonna happen!!

So my goals for today are to log everything before eating it and no binges. Just for today! :smile:

The urges will lessen, I believe you can do this.

For me, once I succeeded over my usual (binging every 2-3 days) I felt like I was capable of going longer, and I was giving the binge less power EVERYTIME I declined its offer and resisted the urge.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Me: 9

Binge : 6
  • BeckyM528
    BeckyM528 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    11/15/12
    Me: 1
    Binge:2

Knowing that I was going to write this post today gave me motivation, I want to at least be ahead of the binge at the end of the month. I am going for three days binge free: day 1 success!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-12
    Binge-3

Blew it today. I am trying to not beat myself up, it is always when I mention I haven't binged for a period of time is when it usually happens. I was alone a lot today and that is usually when it happens. I really need to stop eating processed foods for the most part. But when I totally restrict them I binge. I need to find a happy medium.
  • jadery24
    Options
    Jade: 5
    The Binge:10 (11/1-9 and 11/13)
    I'm catching up! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Mollie - 9
    The Binge - 6 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, Nov. 15

beatrix: 7
    The Binge: 8
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I'm also finding that when I read about intuitive eating sites, they give easy guidelines that help me eat mindfully during meals. I'm still counting calories though.

This is a good site:
    http://amihungry.com/7-steps-without-dieting.shtml

http://www.eatwhatyoulovelovewhatyoueat.com/
    and that blog^

Thanks for posting these links. Good reading. :)
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Me--15
    BingeMonster--0

I lost my fitbit pedometer on my walk/run this morning. This is a potential binge-inducer for me. I've gotten just about as obsessed counting my steps as counting my calories. Plus, I'm going out to dinner tonight. BingeMonster, I'm not going to let you get inside my head! I can walk and exercise without the fitbit, I can still log my activity, and I WILL stay on my food plan, even with a restaurant involved!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me--15
    BingeMonster--0

I lost my fitbit pedometer on my walk/run this morning. This is a potential binge-inducer for me. I've gotten just about as obsessed counting my steps as counting my calories. Plus, I'm going out to dinner tonight. BingeMonster, I'm not going to let you get inside my head! I can walk and exercise without the fitbit, I can still log my activity, and I WILL stay on my food plan, even with a restaurant involved!!

You will win tonight!!! The binge has NO power, he's just a pathetic monster who needs to pick on someone his own size, lol.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    ...November 16th, 2012 (the month seems like it's just flying by!!!)

Me: 14 -- 2 weeks!!!

I tried making a pumpkin spice latte today, after taking it off the stove to put in the blender 'til it gets foamy....The blender is a new one I never used before, and the bottom somehow spilled everything out. The counter was a mess, and I lost the latte.. which I had tasted a spoon or two before hand, just going to have to guess those small calories.... Anyhow, I was a bit frustrated. I wasn't going to try re making it - I just had oatmeal and peanut butter .
    My mind was telling me, darn... you should just binge... it's been 2 weeks... you deserve it.. look at how your day started out... it's only going to get worse... just have one cheat meal, that's all... then you will stop, it won't get out of control.

LIES. Yes, it will get out of control. I can't have a cheat meal without logging, and not go on over eating more that day. Plus, I already had breakfast. "IF HUNGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, Then food is NOT the solution." Take that, binge!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ...November 16th, 2012 (the month seems like it's just flying by!!!)

Me: 14 -- 2 weeks!!!

I tried making a pumpkin spice latte today, after taking it off the stove to put in the blender 'til it gets foamy....The blender is a new one I never used before, and the bottom somehow spilled everything out. The counter was a mess, and I lost the latte.. which I had tasted a spoon or two before hand, just going to have to guess those small calories.... Anyhow, I was a bit frustrated. I wasn't going to try re making it - I just had oatmeal and peanut butter .
    My mind was telling me, darn... you should just binge... it's been 2 weeks... you deserve it.. look at how your day started out... it's only going to get worse... just have one cheat meal, that's all... then you will stop, it won't get out of control.

LIES. Yes, it will get out of control. I can't have a cheat meal without logging, and not go on over eating more that day. Plus, I already had breakfast. "IF HUNGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, Then food is NOT the solution." Take that, binge!
    Ugh, what a frustrating morning. I felt your annoyance reading this post about your morn. My mind tells me the same thing when I've had a couple of weeks between binges, but then I find myself trying to lose the couple lbs I gained during those binges (for me pretty much every two weeks). Congrats on not letting the binge win and I LOVE that quote!! I'm going to have to start telling myself that: "IF HUNGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, Then food is NOT the solution."

Hope your day gets better!
  • stephs0214
    Options
    As of Nov. 16,
    Me: 14
    Binge: 1(11-3)

I will not let the binge win this weekend, I will not let the binge win this weekend, I will not let the binge win this weekend............
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    As of Nov. 16,
    Me: 14
    Binge: 1(11-3)

I will not let the binge win this weekend, I will not let the binge win this weekend, I will not let the binge win this weekend............

You will not let the binge win, he is just out to get us! Stay strong.

One thing I have been doing is thinking of how I feel after... For me, if I binge a lot... I feel bloated, sluggish/tired, and ashamed. I usually do not want to go out and be with friends, it puts a nasty cloud over my day. Thinking of the after effects makes me want to stop the binge today. Because I don't want to ruin my Friday. I deserve to feed my body what it needs, use it to do things, and treat it with care.

I can't always be in control of what meal I have (like for breakfast ruining the latte, or eating out with family.) But I am still in charge of my body, in charge of if I eat to give myself energy or eat too much for my body to handle at one time.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    This is random but I've always wondered :

Does anyone else get sort of sleepy after a large binge? Or a day of binge eating?

I feel more drowsy and sometimes go to sleep at 4-5PM and nap a couple hours. Then, at least when I wake up my stomach doesn't feel as full/stuffed.

I usually don't take naps often, but it seems to happen on days that I binge.

(haven't binged today, I'm still winning)
  • stephs0214
    Options
    This is random but I've always wondered :

Does anyone else get sort of sleepy after a large binge? Or a day of binge eating?

I feel more drowsy and sometimes go to sleep at 4-5PM and nap a couple hours. Then, at least when I wake up my stomach doesn't feel as full/stuffed.

I usually don't take naps often, but it seems to happen on days that I binge.

(haven't binged today, I'm still winning)
    I don't necessarily feel sleepy after a binge; I feel lethargic, lazy, and a little depressed for allowing myself to eat that way. I usually lay down the rest of the day because I feel terrible after a binge. Sometimes I fall asleep and sometimes I don't, but after eating too much, I don't want to do anything because I'm so bloated and yucky feeling. My stomach doesn't feel better for a day or two after a binge.