What's for Lunch?!!!

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
Nutrition is KEY no matter what kind of workout you choose to do. It's also the hardest in my opinion to stick with! I am having a chicken taco salad (high protein, low carbs) as long as my chicken thaws out in the oven lol. I pulled it out too late and my husband will be home in 20 minutes to eat it!! Any way, it will be 9oz of shredded chicken, 2 cups of lettuce, 1 cup tomato, 1.5oz low fat shredded cheese, greek yogurt to act like the sour cream. I use taco seasoning (I believe it's 1TBSP) mixed with a little water and 2 Tablespoon Ortega Taco Sauce. This will keep me full for at least 2 hours and most of the time I am so full that I put it back in the fridge and have it for snack or with my dinner.

Breakfast this morning I had a Shakeology at the crack of dawn and a whole wheat English Muffin with coconut butter 2 hours later that served as my snack.

Replies

• MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! I am having steamed broccoli and a chicken breast. I dont eat breakfast in the morning, I dont get hungry until 11 or 12. I have a cup of coffee in the morning.
  • HRSNelson
    HRSNelson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad made with a little bit of reduced calorie mayo, mustard and pickles on celery stalks (2)
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Italian Bean Soup

Tomatoes (frozen from the garden)
    Dried Great northern and black beans
    Onion
    Frozen Green Beans (from garden)

YUM!
  • mdb543
    Options
    Italian Bean Soup

Tomatoes (frozen from the garden)
    Dried Great northern and black beans
    Onion
    Frozen Green Beans (from garden)

YUM!

That sounds really good!!!
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Isagenix Isalean Dutch Chocolate shake. :)

btw I am going to try that chicken taco salad. Sounds delish!!
  • mdb543
    Options

What's the recipe for that? The taco salad was awesome! I'm not a big chicken eater, but I shred it up pretty good with a fork so it mixes well with the salad. This also helps so you don't have a salad with a load of ranch on top!! It's also a good recipe if you have kids that are picky eaters.
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options

What's the recipe for that? The taco salad was awesome! I'm not a big chicken eater, but I shred it up pretty good with a fork so it mixes well with the salad. This also helps so you don't have a salad with a load of ranch on top!! It's also a good recipe if you have kids that are picky eaters.

It's the shake mix I ordered and water. I absolutely love Isagenix. I don't know much about Shakeology but from what I hear is kind of like that.
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    Salad ( tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber and parsley/dill with mayo, vegetable soup and chocolate Ritter Spot *my bad*. Promise to be better tomorrow!=)
  • mdb543
    Options
    Salad ( tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber and parsley/dill with mayo, vegetable soup and chocolate Ritter Spot *my bad*. Promise to be better tomorrow!=)

We are all human!! Keep your head up and stay focused on the now not future!! You still have dinner to finish your night!!
  • krisnoel
    Options
    I had 1 C Bear Naked Granola and Milk. I had no idea how many calories I was eating until I logged it. Doh! (680)

I have 222 calories left for the rest of my day to stick to my goal.

I guess this is a process to get used to! The awareness that logging my food brings will hopefully help keep me in focus.
  • mdb543
    Options
    I had 1 C Bear Naked Granola and Milk. I had no idea how many calories I was eating until I logged it. Doh! (680)

I have 222 calories left for the rest of my day to stick to my goal.

I guess this is a process to get used to! The awareness that logging my food brings will hopefully help keep me in focus.

It's amazing to me that more people don't log their calories. I initially found that I was eating too less of calories which killed the fat burning process. It's a process but over-time it becomes second nature.
  • spikethat
    Options
    Lunch today was two slices of turkey on a sandwich thin with mustard, one Cutie, and 3 oz of carrots with light ranch! Yum!
  • mdb543
    Options
    So today this is what I had so far:

Breakfast: Shakeology
    Snack: Double Chocolate Protein Muffins (my daughter wanted to make muffins and the alternative would have screwed me!!!)
    Lunch: Indian Chicken Salad Pocket
    Snack: Cake Batter Cheesecake Protein Shake

Dinner Later will be Chef Salad
    Snack: Peanut Butter Mocha Pudding

I need to make sure all the ratios fit with protein carbs and fats, but so far it's adding up ok.
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    Breakfast - Cleanse for Life in Berry
    Lunch - Cleanse for Life in Berry

and

Dinner - YUP Cleanse for Life in Berry. LOL
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Breakfast: Weight Control Oatmeal- Maple Brown Sugar, and coffee
    Lunch: Baked salmon, mashed cauliflower, and one slice of whole wheat bread + 1/2 tbs Country Crock spread.
    Dinner: 2 Slices of Domino's pizza- Philly steak, mushroom, and onion. Hand tossed.

I didn't eat any snacks today. I was able to stay under calories even with the pizza. I however need to do better in the evenings. I do very well in the morning and lunch, just suck for dinner. Maybe I need snacks in between lunch and dinner and it will keep me from wanting the unhealthy stuff?

*I learned today that there IS a better way to make my coffee without compromising taste. I had NO idea I was drinking 110 calories each morning and that was if I only had one mug of coffee! Yikes! I need to get to the store and buy fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar free coffee syrup. That will cut my coffee calories considerably!
  • lindoussa
    Options
    9oz of shredded chicken, 2 cups of lettuce, 1 cup tomato, 1.5oz low fat shredded cheese, greek yogurt to act like the sour cream. I use taco seasoning (I believe it's 1TBSP) mixed with a little water and 2 Tablespoon Ortega Taco Sauce. This will keep me full for at least 2 hours and most of the time I am so full that I put it back in the fridge and have it for snack or with my dinner.

THAT sounds so good! I am going to have to give it a try! We should get a recipe thread going!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Doing Day 1 of Dr Oz Detox diet...breakfast was yummie, but the comments about the lunch juice don't make me look forward to it. Good thing is that at least I get to choose which juice to have as my afternoon snack and right now, I'm thinking the one I just had. I've done juicing before and love the energy it gave me and great kick off to clean eating, although some folks have complained of getting headaches the first day, but I guess overall I don't overdo it on the sugars and caffeine anyways, so it wasn't an issue. My downfalls are usually dinners and the weekend, esp the weekend cause alot of my entertainment with family and friends revolve around going for lunches or dinners, and now we have holiday parties coming up! I'll be the one bringing salsas, fresh veggies or fruits for appetizers. At least I'll know something is good for me!

Not sure where I read this yesterday, maybe here, but I thought the idea of drinking lemon water before going out, chewing sugarless gum and having a veggie stick on hand to slowly nibble on were great ideas for parties. Fill you up and hydrate, have to consider taking the gum out of your mouth to eat tempting foods and think about it and the veggie stick in one hand and glass of water in the other leaves no empty hands when the tray is being passed around :) I'm hoping to be a good girl this year and Santa will take away 6lbs through the holidays :)
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I had baked salmon, mashed cauliflower and a lice of whole wheat bread, again today. Going grocery shopping today so I can change it up tomorrow!
  • knormandin64
    Options
    Well, this thread made me hungry!

I had Syntrax Fuzzy Nectar Protein drink for breakfast, then coffee.
    Mid Morning Snack - apple and pb
    Lunch - salad
    Dinner - will be Black Beans and rice.
    Evening snack - chocolate!

I usually log my food before I eat it - I don't like surprises at the end of the day.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I consider it a success if I don't eat out. My fridge has a tendency to constantly be empty since I started working closer to home, I had both target and a couple grocery stores to choose from with my old job but now I have the most expensive one just a block away from me (I walk to and from work). I either have to make an effort to go grocery shopping on the weekends, I have to put up with the prices at the grocery store, or rely on my bf to shop for me and I don't trust that. I know what he eats! :-)

Anyways, again, I consider it a success if I remember to take lunch or I walk home for lunch. So today I had two Hawaiian bread mini sub rolls with turkey and ham (low fat and low sodium) with mustard (no calories!) with a granny smith apple with a little bit of dipping caramel.

I have no idea what I'm having for dinner...that was the bf's job. I'm anticipating pizza though. I think after the new year (and my bank account straightens out again) I will be making more of an effort to get healthier food to bring to work and to make for dinner.