3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    hello ladies. Had an OB visit today. Everything looked good, I was measuring 2 weeks behind so she ordered an ultrasound. Ultrasound had baby measuring right on due date so he's growing just fine. According to the u/s he weighs 4lbs2oz right now at 32wks. Not sure what that means, lol. But I assume he'll be around the 7lb mark. Blood pressure was good 100/60. Heartbeat on the doppler was a little low 125, but on the u/s it was 149, so he was probably resting when she listened on the doppler. Getting closer! I can't wait. We got a good picture with his face. He was resting his head on his hands. He is in head down postion. He's been head down for about 1 month already, so I am hoping he stay there. LOL. Thats my update for now! Ohhh and my weight is back to 25lbs, I had gained weight over the weekend from heavy eating (cakes and such) and a few days of being back on track got me back to where I was. I gained about 2.6lbs since my last OB appt 3 weeks ago, so I am right on track with weight gain. Hurray. lol

You are doing great! Good luck to you!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I am also finding myself worried a lot about labor, delivery, and motherhood. I'm so nervous that something will go wrong or I'll screw up something.

Anyone else feel like this?

I worried a lot about this stuff, too, but it was all for nothing. Labour and delivery were not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, and like someone else said, there will be people there to talk you through it. As for motherhood, your instincts will take over. Trust me! Before Rose was born I'd only ever changed one diaper (with DH helping, on a toddler who was old enough to cooperate and it wasn't a messy diaper), and I would NEVER hold a crying baby. When I held my nephew/neice/friends' babies I'd pass them back at the first peep. Now when someone holds Rose and she starts to cry I want her back! Motherhood is one of those things you just do on auto-pilot, you don't really think about it!

I hope things work out nicely for us. Thank you to everyone who replied. It does make me feel better just venting and hearing all the reassurances from you ladies who have been there.

:flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    Options
    pregosaurus - in all honesty, I think I'm in denial about motherhood...I think my brain works in stages, where I'm focused right now on getting the house ready for baby and making sure finances are in order, insurance is up to date, wills, etc. The furthest my brain will really let me focus is delivery - I avoided thinking about it until birth class, and then I was petrified, and now I've calmed down about it again. Like blink said - worrying about it won't make it any easier, and if anything, will make it harder! I haven't really thought too much about being a mom, or those first few weeks, or anything after that - I honestly just don't think I have the space in my crowded brain at the moment. I figure I'll work it out when I get there, right? (sounds like a terrible plan now that I'm typing it out!) but, as for the symptoms, it's a constant work in progress. I've overall felt pretty good during pregnancy and I think a lot of it comes down to trying to focus more on the positive than the negative. I've had a lot of hip/pelvic pain and some days it's completely overwhelming, but it helps to try to think about what's going right (baby's strong heart rate, how cute he/she was at the last ultrasound, how good the nursery is looking, how blessed we were at baby showers, etc) rather than the pain that takes my breath away every time I try to move. Just my two cents :)

I think I'm doing a little better now. I hit third trimester and it dawned on me that I'll have a newborn son in just a few weeks, and I think I just went a little nutty for a few days!

Thank you so much for your comments and thoughts! :)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Had my 36week appt yesterday. Colton was measuring really big so they did an ultrasound. Turns out our baby is just a big *kitten* baby! lol. He was already weighing at 7lbs 9 ounces and the ultrasound tech said he was so squished in there that he doesnt seem to have much more room. She thinks he could make an early entrance if he gets to uncomfortable in there. My weight was up about 1.5 to 2 pounds so 55lbs total
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Omg he is going to be big
    :-) He will probably be really tall though so that adds a lot. My little girl was 7lb 13 oz and 21 inches. She has the cutest chicken legs and nobody thinks she could be almost 8 lbs. The height really affects that. And the pushing was nothing at all. She was also 3 weeks early so she would have been way bigger too. Good luck though. You will do great though because you remained so active.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    :-) He will probably be really tall though so that adds a lot. My little girl was 7lb 13 oz and 21 inches. She has the cutest chicken legs and nobody thinks she could be almost 8 lbs. The height really affects that. And the pushing was nothing at all. She was also 3 weeks early so she would have been way bigger too. Good luck though. You will do great though because you remained so active.

Yea they are taking bets in the midwife office on what he will weigh! lol. The nurses think if he goes full term he will be about 11lbs!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Had my 36week appt yesterday. Colton was measuring really big so they did an ultrasound. Turns out our baby is just a big *kitten* baby! lol. He was already weighing at 7lbs 9 ounces and the ultrasound tech said he was so squished in there that he doesnt seem to have much more room. She thinks he could make an early entrance if he gets to uncomfortable in there. My weight was up about 1.5 to 2 pounds so 55lbs total

YAY for big boys!

I'm at 28 weeks now (almost 29), and he's over 3 lbs already so I think mine will be big too!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Yea they are taking bets in the midwife office on what he will weigh! lol. The nurses think if he goes full term he will be about 11lbs!

OMG 11lbs?!? thats a big boy estimation. Lol. Hopefully they are "off" on estimation and he will be smaller than that so it can be easier for you to push out.
  • cocolo89
    Options

YAY for big boys!

I'm at 28 weeks now (almost 29), and he's over 3 lbs already so I think mine will be big too!

yay for big boys? oh no. I don't hope my boy will be big. LOL I think about the labor and pushing part when I imagine a big boy, I cringe. But my u/s estimates him to be 8.5lbs :S I hope they are off!! I had a hard time pushing out a 6#13oz baby (3hr 17mins) and the thought of pushing out anything over 8lbs scares me. I think they might be a little off on my estimation cause my belly measurements have always measured behind. I guess I will find out soon enough!
  • VelociMama
    Options

YAY for big boys!

yay for big boys? oh no. I don't hope my boy will be big. LOL I think about the labor and pushing part when I imagine a big boy, I cringe. But my u/s estimates him to be 8.5lbs :S I hope they are off!! I had a hard time pushing out a 6#13oz baby (3hr 17mins) and the thought of pushing out anything over 8lbs scares me. I think they might be a little off on my estimation cause my belly measurements have always measured behind. I guess I will find out soon enough!

That is a good point!

I just think of being healthy brawny baby boys as good. :) I hope yours is not hugely large but very healthy... better?

:wink:
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    37 week appt and baby is still high. She is so high that I feel her feet directly under my chest. It is so hard to breath and I am becoming really uncomfortable fast. Even talking can cause me to become out of breath. I did dilate 2cm so no baby right now. Was informed that I am being induced the week of Dec. 10 so only 1 week left of being pregnant thank god.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    37 week appt and baby is still high. She is so high that I feel her feet directly under my chest. It is so hard to breath and I am becoming really uncomfortable fast. Even talking can cause me to become out of breath. I did dilate 2cm so no baby right now. Was informed that I am being induced the week of Dec. 10 so only 1 week left of being pregnant thank god.

That's crazy she's still so high!!! My little man's booty is right at/above my belly button! And I have a short torso!
  • cocolo89
    Options

YAY for big boys!

That is a good point!

I just think of being healthy brawny baby boys as good. :) I hope yours is not hugely large but very healthy... better?

:wink:

lol yes, I just pray for a healthy baby. :) Big or small, I want him to be healthy.
  • cocolo89
    Options

wow its nice to know that you are at the home-stretch! Thats awesome! I am sure she will drop soon, I was reading that usually with your first you drop around the 30wk mark and with other pregnancies its normal to drop closer to due date. You're almost there!!!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When I was preggo with my firstborn, he was really high almost until the end. He really dropped only a couple of weeks prior to labour and he born 39week 6 days. Also when my belly dropped , it was not really low. However with him my placenta was attached to the highest point of my uterus.
    Now this pregnancy is a different story. Practically this baby was never up. I never had breathing problem, but the baby is so low I having hard time to bend over since the second trimester.
  • blink1021
    Options
    When I was preggo with my firstborn, he was really high almost until the end. He really dropped only a couple of weeks prior to labour and he born 39week 6 days. Also when my belly dropped , it was not really low. However with him my placenta was attached to the highest point of my uterus.
    Now this pregnancy is a different story. Practically this baby was never up. I never had breathing problem, but the baby is so low I having hard time to bend over since the second trimester.

I carried my son between my legs through the last part of my pregnancy that sitting was very unladylike. This pregnancy has been a lot different and I have had crazy hip and pelvic pain. I am just ready for it to be over. I know some people love being pregnant and I enjoyed myself during the second trimester, but I am done time for my body to be back to myself and get this weight that is depressing me off.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

I carried my son between my legs through the last part of my pregnancy that sitting was very unladylike. This pregnancy has been a lot different and I have had crazy hip and pelvic pain. I am just ready for it to be over. I know some people love being pregnant and I enjoyed myself during the second trimester, but I am done time for my body to be back to myself and get this weight that is depressing me off.

Aw well its happening soon!!! That's so exciting :-)
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Had my second to last appt today - woo hoo! My frank breech baby has turned head down! Yeah, I am so excited. I'm having a c-section regardless, but it's nice to know baby isn't frank breeach anymore (that was really worrying me). Baby has also dropped some. I was measuring right on track, but now that baby has flipped, I am now measuring 34 weeks. Doc isnt concerned since my fluid levels are still fine. I was in soooo much pain on Tuesday and so the doc is guessing that's when baby decided to do it's acrobatics and flip!

This baby went from being frank breech to pretty much doing the splits now. Baby is head down, one leg straight down and one leg straight up, but bent (basically in my ribs). How do these baby's do that??

I feel like I am in limbo, though, trying to get ready for this baby. I now have 12.5 days left and dont feel prepared at all. I dont know what I am having, so it's hard to get clothes ready. I have 3 daughters, so plenty of girl clothes but NOTHING if it's a boy!! Dont want to go out and spend alot on boy stuff, though. My friends and family are having a shower for me this Saturday (yes, 10 days before baby is born), so maybe I'll get some clothes at that , but I'm not into the 'gender neutral' stuff. I just requested diapers/wipes...you know, the essentials! We are having our loft converted into a bedroom for baby, which was supposed to be done on 11/19 and it's not even close to being done. So, I cant even set anything up in the room!

Then, I started to wash some things for baby (car seat cover, ect) and my washing machine died! Argh!! I dont have time to go washing machine shopping!

Still gotta finish wrapping presents, christmas cards/letter, my daughters birthday parties. I need some time to myself so that I can get everything done! Maybe I should get off of MFP !! ;)

Sorry, just feeling a little stressed tonight and needed to vent...
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Smite:
    I titally get what you mean about not feel ready. Theorically I still hav 4 weeks to go, I got totally scared 2 days ago because I thought my water is leaking. On top of that my OB/gyn gave me the hospital papers to carry with me from now on.
    I started panicking . My diaper bag and my baby take home outfit is still in transit via postal service, and I have not washed anything yet.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Hey no worries I just washed my baby stuff this past Sunday and my hospital bag is only halfway packed. I still have to get a few things for the baby that I don't have like a crib cover another crib sheet, desitin little things like that.
    Smte: Maybe you should get one outfit for the baby to go home in if you do have a boy. I have a couple gender neutral items that my sisters bought me before we found out and they actually look more boy than girl. Good luck with the room. I decided not to worry about the room yet because my hubby and I decided she will stay in our room in the bassinet for at least 3 months or until she outgrows the bassinet.