Replies

• dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new Houstonians!
  • lcibella
    lcibella Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 26 yr old guy and I live on the West side of Houston. Well what can I say about my situation, I simply had too much fun with my drinking buddies in college. I went in at 155 lbs and came out at 240 lbs. In the past year I have cut down on my bad eating/drinking habits. I'm down to 200 lbs but I still want to lose 20 lbs more.

Any help/support would be appreciated. I have a few issues with my feet that prevent me from doing too much running. I work near the Galleria mall so I walk around the mall M-F during my lunch break. I also swim 3-4 times a week and yoga once a week. I feel like it is taking forever to get to my ideal weight. Since I got down to 200lbs I have not been able to lose more. So I'm giving the site a chance to see if it helps.

It's pretty cool that the site provides support groups like this one. Hope to learn from the Biggest Losers on here :) and maybe help some of you guys!

Thanks,

Nick
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just moved to Houston from New Hampshire to do research before I go to med school (hopefully in Houston!). It's definitely very different here, but I'm liking it so far. I will say though, there is no way I am going out for runs in the summer haha.
  • pcpharr
    pcpharr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just joined MFP about 5 mins ago and I'm really excited to get started! I'm from the JV area and would love to make some new friends, so feel free to add me :)
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello! Moved to Kingwood from FL about 3 weeks ago
  • serhioramos
    serhioramos Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Caroline and I'm actually natively from Dallas, but I attend Rice University in Houston so I guess I fit in here now. :D I'm 19 and have never been super overweight or anything, but I've been doing a lot of running and want to lose all my unnecessary fat so that I can have a rocking body. :) Feel free to add me if you want a friend or some support.
  • JCTTX
    JCTTX Posts: 3
    Options
    Howdy Houstonians,

My name is Johnny. I have been using the MFP for some time in the past. And, as you can see, back again. It is my first time to join groups. Good luck to all and I hope we get to chat sometime.
  • JCTTX
    JCTTX Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome to the city. Just give it time. You will adjust. I am originally from Brooklyn.
    But I have lived in Texas a very long time. Good luck.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Houstonians..
    I have been on MFP now for 11 myths and down 68lbs. The last 13 years I have been on the road about 70 percent of the time and now find myself lacking in activities outside of work. I hope to reach my 1st goal weight by jan or feb of next year which is 25 more lbs, and once there will then determine if that is suitable or if I need to press on for another 10. Good luck to everyone on their journey.
  • jorben1990
    jorben1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys if you want an MFP that is here consistently and logs in everything, add me! Currently training to box and always trying to better my mile.
  • robb1979
    Options
    Hello fellow Houstonians! I've been on and off of myfitnesspal for a few years now, and have always dropped off due to lack of motivation. I now have two family members involved and a couple friends and am looking forward to dropping 30 lbs by new years!.

Over the past year I have picked up running as my method of fitness however know that I need to start cross training more. Currently I am involved in a 5k challenge (5k every month for 12 months) which ends in December. I am looking for Houstonian support to push me through the new year and continue on through 2013.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Grizzly_Mike
    Options
    I am a Native Michigander that migrated south. Really into Body Building and power lifting. Feel Free to add me as a friend i try to keep all my buddies motivated in any endeavor they partake in. !Don't Just Sit Get Fit!
  • Tmaxey72
    Tmaxey72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, Houstonians! My name is Travis and Im a teaher and coach. I dont think of myself as fat, just athletically large. But on the other hand, I do realize that it wouldnt hurt to lose a couple 20 to 60 lbs, LOL!!! I'm relatively new to this but Im glad i found a group in the area that I can relate and conversate with. I really want to lose all my football weight! I gained over 120 lbs in college in order to be a offensive lineman and It has been hell losing it. Motivation hasnt been there and Ive been sunk in the rigors of life. Recent blood pressure issues have open my eyes to doing sometihng more with my body and I hope that Im amongst friends and supporters that will make that journey with me. Im a graduate of Sam Houston State University (Eat'm up Kats) and a native resident of Waco, Tx. Thanks for your eyes and talk to you soon!!!!!\

Living Large by heart, just dont wanna be by size!
    Gooooo Texans!!!!
  • ablanco311981
    ablanco311981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just joined this site a couple days ago. My name is Angie, I just moved to Texas from NY over the summer. I am a stay at home/homeschooling mom. Since having my daughter, I have had trouble with my weight so I am working on losing it. I have been able to keep my weight maintained, but losing it has been extremely difficult. I am hoping to meet others that are in a similar situation and could use support and encouragement. Feel free to add me on here:)
  • vb51
    vb51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello from Spring/Champions

I just found out about this website yesterday and am feeling my way around. I have about 35 lbs I'm willing to give away dirt cheap! Any takers? No takers huh, well how about sharing support instead and maybe a workout or two if your in my area?
  • TheBlackestBeauty
    TheBlackestBeauty Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Houstonians!

I love my peeps! I am looking for some support and guidance in dropping this extra person I am carrying around (150 lbs). So, I would love for you to add me for a work out buddy, someone I can get advice from and stuff like that. I live near fitness connection in Greenspoint mall.

Thanks a million!
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I think I already introduced myself on this forum but there are tons of places to go besides gyms if a certain workout doesn't fit you... you can browse some on Meetup.com. I haven't gone to one yet but there is a Love Yoga Houston group that has Twisted Tuesdays and other sessions. http://www.meetup.com/LoveYogaHouston/events/95511292/?a=wm1_5&rv=wm1

I might go this Tuesday! There are other groups all in the Houston area but I was browsing Meetup and thought I would share!

Good luck to everyone in their goals! Let me know if I can help support you. =]
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I love Houston! I love the Mexican food, the margaritas, the bbq, the year-routnd pretty good weather, the people, all of it! I want to lose 5-8 pounds. It seems like it's the hardest! I'm Zumba-ing, LateNight Cardio-ing, TRX-ing, walking, and more. Plus, I'm cutting back on some "bad" calories. I ate lots of those over the holidays. Well, hello and nice to meet ya!!
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many fellow Houstonians here. Hey everyone
  • LovelyLirpa
    Options
    Glad to see a group of people with the same goals so near me. I just turned 29 and I plan on being at least 50lbs lighter by my 30th birthday.