What's for Lunch?!!!

Options

Replies

• luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Weight Control Oatmeal- Maple Brown Sugar, and coffee
    Lunch: Baked salmon, mashed cauliflower, and one slice of whole wheat bread + 1/2 tbs Country Crock spread.
    Dinner: 2 Slices of Domino's pizza- Philly steak, mushroom, and onion. Hand tossed.

I didn't eat any snacks today. I was able to stay under calories even with the pizza. I however need to do better in the evenings. I do very well in the morning and lunch, just suck for dinner. Maybe I need snacks in between lunch and dinner and it will keep me from wanting the unhealthy stuff?

*I learned today that there IS a better way to make my coffee without compromising taste. I had NO idea I was drinking 110 calories each morning and that was if I only had one mug of coffee! Yikes! I need to get to the store and buy fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar free coffee syrup. That will cut my coffee calories considerably!

Where do you get the sugar free coffee syrup? The coffee with my creamer really does me in too.
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    I already had my breakfast - sandwich with turkey and looots of black tea. Good morning lovely people! =)
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Weekend meals are usually the toughest for me, but so far, so good. Juicing for breakfast and lunch was baby spinach, mangos, Greek yougart in honey for dressing with a light sprinkle of feta cheese. Going out for BBQ for dinner, but already figured out how many calories from their menu and portion sizes :)
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Breakfast: Weight Control Oatmeal- Maple Brown Sugar, and coffee
    Lunch: Baked salmon, mashed cauliflower, and one slice of whole wheat bread + 1/2 tbs Country Crock spread.
    Dinner: 2 Slices of Domino's pizza- Philly steak, mushroom, and onion. Hand tossed.

I didn't eat any snacks today. I was able to stay under calories even with the pizza. I however need to do better in the evenings. I do very well in the morning and lunch, just suck for dinner. Maybe I need snacks in between lunch and dinner and it will keep me from wanting the unhealthy stuff?

*I learned today that there IS a better way to make my coffee without compromising taste. I had NO idea I was drinking 110 calories each morning and that was if I only had one mug of coffee! Yikes! I need to get to the store and buy fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar free coffee syrup. That will cut my coffee calories considerably!

Where do you get the sugar free coffee syrup? The coffee with my creamer really does me in too.

I bought it at Walmart. It's called torani. I have the sugar free Hazelnut and it's pretty good. It definitely is not the sugary creamer I am used to, but I can drink it and I'm sure like everything else I will just acquire a taste for it after awhile.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    12/3
    Breakfast- 100% whole wheat english muffin with 1oz cream cheese and a hard boiled egg
    Snack- 1C whole grain cheerios with 1/2C fat free skim milk
    Lunch- Mexican stuffed pepper (vegetarian), saute'd mushrooms and onion

Planned for later:
    Snack- dark chocolate granola thin, and 1/2 banana
    Dinner- West African dish (chicken, onion, tomato, collard greens) and a slice of whole wheat of bread
    Snack- 1/2 Pistachios and Sting cheese stick
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Today is an IF (intermittent fasting) day, so won't be eating till dinner and a snack in the evening. Tuscan Lentil Stew is in the slow cooker now :) Plan to have whole grain bread and a spinach salad with strawberries, feta cheese and walnuts with it. For my snack this evening vanilla yogurt with fresh raspberries and flax seed. Oh, and some flax seed has been added to the stew too...great way to get my fiber and magnesium in without having to taste it :)
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Dinner! Not sure how to post photos on here?
    http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/lindoussa/DSC01748.jpg
  • libbygrl
    libbygrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was vanilla greek yogurt, banana, and coffee
    Lunch today is a spinach salad with goat cheese, a tablespoon of craisins, a tablespoon of toasted walnuts, and balsamic vinegrette made with olive oil.
    I have not thought at all about dinner yet.
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Breakfast juice: Kale, green apple, cucumber, celery, lime, pineapple, coconut oil, and almond milk. Not one of my favorites, but packed with nutrients.

Lunch: Baby spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, walnuts and peach balsamic vinegar with a scoop of protein and milk

Dinner: Leftover Tuscan lentil stew

Snack: Greek vanilla yogurt with global red grapes.

I've been finding that pre-planning and logging my day is really helping me stick to what I should be eating :)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options

That looked awesome! What is all in it?
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg white with cheese, salsa on an english muffin

Lunch: Homemade Lasagna

Dinner: Pork Roast with Veggies
  • lindoussa
    Options

2 Chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
    1.5 yellow onions (I had smaller ones so a large or medium would be fine)
    1/2 C of frozen collard greens
    small tomato diced
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 C mushrooms

I diced the chicken this morning and had it marinade with some MSG free seasonings (Cajun), a pinch of salt and pepper.
    Browned it up in a skillet and then added the vegis. Only took about a 1/2 an hour to make and was VERY good!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options

2 Chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
    1.5 yellow onions (I had smaller ones so a large or medium would be fine)
    1/2 C of frozen collard greens
    small tomato diced
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 C mushrooms

I diced the chicken this morning and had it marinade with some MSG free seasonings (Cajun), a pinch of salt and pepper.
    Browned it up in a skillet and then added the vegis. Only took about a 1/2 an hour to make and was VERY good!

Thanks!
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Probably a slice of Hawaiian pizza and lots of veggies/fruit. I'm a sucker for pizza. *sigh*
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Probably a slice of Hawaiian pizza and lots of veggies/fruit. I'm a sucker for pizza. *sigh*

I hear ya, mine is meatball sandwiches! I live for my twice monthly treat :)
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Barbeque Black Bean and Chicken

Diced Chicken (20 oz) for a full recipe 5 servings
    Can of black beans
    Barbeque Sauce
    Garlick and Onion

Cook chicken thouroughly with onion and garlick. Add Black Beans and Barbeque sauce (however much you want for flavor or saucyness).

You can eat it with tortillas, but I love mine with a mixed green salad and tablespoon of light ranch dressing. Super protein and you can make it more or less calories with chicken breast or thighs, and changing the barbeque sauce.
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Barbeque Black Bean and Chicken

Diced Chicken (20 oz) for a full recipe 5 servings
    Can of black beans
    Barbeque Sauce
    Garlick and Onion

Cook chicken thouroughly with onion and garlick. Add Black Beans and Barbeque sauce (however much you want for flavor or saucyness).

-
    You can eat it with tortillas, but I love mine with a mixed green salad and tablespoon of light ranch dressing. Super protein and you can make it more or less calories with chicken breast or thighs, and changing the barbeque sauce.

Yum!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 baked avocado with egg, light drizzle of honey and ezekiel bread toasted
    Lunch: Juice of raspberries, banana, spinach, almond butter, lemon juice and flax seed.
    Snack: vanilla yogurt with blueberries
    Dinner: White chicken chili and mixed green salad with feta cheese, low sugar dried cranberries and walnuts.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Breakfast- Slim Fast 3.2.1 shake, hard boiled egg
    Lunch- Slim Fast 3.2.1 shake, 1/2C Cottage Cheese (1%) with No sugar added peach cup
    Dinner- Grilled chicken, onion, mushroom and cheese on tortilla, Romaine salad with 1 Tbs ranch

Snack: Home made baked sweet potato fries- YUMM!

Today is my physical rest day, so I have to cut down on the calories.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Isagenix Dutch Chocolate Shake, Cream of Wheat with some carob chips

Lunch: I had spaghetti (that darn Italian food) and green salad.

Dinner: no clue yet.

Snack: I cheated just a little and had 3 little chocolate "acorns". total 100 cals.