I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Deep dark confession time.. I signed up for beautifulpeople.com *and* I got accepted after their 48 hour "judging" period.

I was more curious than anything after I read a story about how they deleted thousands of members after they put on a few extra pounds over the holiday.

I'm not a paying member and probably won't join. Has anyone else tried any niche dating sites?

Mike...online dating?? :noway:

All kidding aside, good luck. :) I'm curious to see how it goes. The closest to a niche site site I've gotten was ChristianMingle.com. I found that I had too much baggage for that site....divorce and kids were no good for 99% of the men on there and they clearly stated so in their profiles. So, I didn't stick around too long.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I feel bad because he IS nice. I've never been treated so well by a guy. But I don't think that's enough to balance out his insecurities and what seems like a lack of faith in me.
    This is part of the bad day... I'm just having a rough time right now in a few different areas. This "relationship", my family, health crap, and some stuff with my job. It's just been piling and piling! For the most part I've been able to keep it together, but as I mentioned before, I've been becoming increasingly more frustrated and confrontational.

Have you spoken to him about how his insecurities are affecting you? Have you tried to reassure him? Or has it gone beyond that? I remember a needy guy I was seeing once, and he just made me feel on edge, like he didnt trust my integrity and that was a huge turn off. I think we all need to have faith and support our partners, rather than make them feel like being themselves is not good enough.

Dont feel bad. Your happiness comes first :flowerforyou:

Yup and yup. It's to the point where at least once a week he gets all insecure and I have to reassure him. I don't have that much attention to give at this point, and I told him this in the beginning. He told me that was fine and he understood, but now it's like if I don't talk to him every few hours he thinks the world is going to explode.

Good luck with this. I was in that situation with a gf a while back. If I didn't answer her texts in about a 10 minute time frame, she would text again something like, "HELLOOOOOO?" or "Are you Alive?". I told her early on that I don't get service at work and shouldn't be texting all day even if I did, but that didn't stop her from calling/texting me during the day repeatedly.

And honestly, I think I had really just checked out without knowing it. We would go a week without seeing each other and honestly I couldn't say that I really was missing her that much. Then she would get all pouty and stop talking b/c she didn't think I even cared that we hadn't seen each other for a while.

All the red flags were there for me. Why I stayed in it as long as I did is beyond my comprehension.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Deep dark confession time.. I signed up for beautifulpeople.com *and* I got accepted after their 48 hour "judging" period.

I was more curious than anything after I read a story about how they deleted thousands of members after they put on a few extra pounds over the holiday.

I'm not a paying member and probably won't join. Has anyone else tried any niche dating sites?

Mike...online dating?? :noway:

All kidding aside, good luck. :) I'm curious to see how it goes. The closest to a niche site site I've gotten was ChristianMingle.com. I found that I had too much baggage for that site....divorce and kids were no good for 99% of the men on there and they clearly stated so in their profiles. So, I didn't stick around too long.

I think everybody has at least tried online dating :smile:

I think the niche sites are OK, but they don't seem very popular. I searched the greater Miami area and only found a small number of members. When I searched active members on match.com, there were thousands. For something like online dating, casting a wide net is definitely beneficial!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes, people make the ugliest faces when they're lifting weights that
    I want to burst out laughing.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm sorry I missed whatever thread had everyone all riled up (damn time-zones:grumble: ), and that I am fully intending to indulge in some mulled wine this evening, despite a two-coaching day tomorrow.:drinker:
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i confess, that i just put my youngest two in the tub, so that i could get 20-30 min of peace and quiet :-)

also that's ive created a new diet, the greek yogurt/ diet coke diet, LOL!!!!!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that it is Friday, payday Friday, payday jeans Friday. I could not be happier for that fact!!!

I also confess that when this month is over, my sons father will have had him 2 days this month. TWO. One. Two. I really think that freaking sucks.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I may be killing former FWB---- We were all out last night having a good time singing and joking around. All of a sudden he goes all quiet and gets all sad. Then he slams back some tequilla (by some I mean 6) and seemed to get over it. He walks me out to my car at the end of the night. He then then texts me about coming over so I said yes. He get to my house, pushes me up again a wall and start making out with me ... Then BAM pulls back and is all I cant do this yet. I said ok no bigge. Problem was he spent the next 90 minutes rambling about how he doesn't ever think he's gonna be loved and how most women treat him like a peice of meat.So I nodded and respond appropriately and try to make him feel better. I finally kicked him out at 430 am so I could get some sleep beore work.Poor guy but its starting to get aggravating. Oh well hopefully hes in a better mood tonight when we go out
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm disappointed that the other thread was deleted cause there were two issues I wanted to see get resolved. One I guess I can handle in here.

Poncho, you aren't single?! Am I the only one that didn't know this?

There is a Poncha... it's pretty new.

I didn't get why that gal got so pissed, but that thread was heading toward a locking the minute she did.

I also confess that I have no idea why Huskey got so pissed.

And I also confess that I thought you'd been a bit quiet lately!!! Congrats on the new Poncha!! :love:

Fill us in, if you can you have gotten me all curious!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that I may be killing former FWB---- We were all out last night having a good time singing and joking around. All of a sudden he goes all quiet and gets all sad. Then he slams back some tequilla (by some I mean 6) and seemed to get over it. He walks me out to my car at the end of the night. He then then texts me about coming over so I said yes. He get to my house, pushes me up again a wall and start making out with me ... Then BAM pulls back and is all I cant do this yet. I said ok no bigge. Problem was he spent the next 90 minutes rambling about how he doesn't ever think he's gonna be loved and how most women treat him like a peice of meat.So I nodded and respond appropriately and try to make him feel better. I finally kicked him out at 430 am so I could get some sleep beore work.Poor guy but its starting to get aggravating. Oh well hopefully hes in a better mood tonight when we go out

I confess that your world sound so fun! But I have to get more sleep than that!
  • jenbit
    Options

I confess that your world sound so fun! But I have to get more sleep than that!

Oh I took a 3 hour nap before I went out. I'm going out tonight and saturday night so nap both night before going out lol... To many birthdays this month .

I confess I'm begining to think that I have a sign on me that says tell me all your problems I really care. Dont get me wrong I adore FFWB and told him as much but ugh that much whinning kills me . The only reason I'm even dealing with it is I dont think anyone else will and I remember what is was like when my ex-H crushed my heart. I honestly don't think hes heart broken at this point. I think he's afraid no one can love him (somthing he mummbled )
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Is it a boobie day??
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I have been at home by myself for 4 days now and I am about to go crazy. Texting and phone calls just aren't cutting it. I might have to branch out tomorrow and hope I don't get anyone sick but I need to get off the couch/bed.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I confess I'm disappointed that the other thread was deleted cause there were two issues I wanted to see get resolved. One I guess I can handle in here.

I didn't get why that gal got so pissed, but that thread was heading toward a locking the minute she did.

And I also confess that I thought you'd been a bit quiet lately!!! Congrats on the new Poncha!! :love:

She posed a question of how to ask a guy out that she has a crush on, a bunch of us offered her good suggestions, she was full of excuses. Someone called her on it and she got all pissed and basically called this group worthless and no wonder why we're all single. Carl was wise and deleted it before we all mobbed her.
  • jenbit
    Options
    Is it a boobie day??

Yes it is
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I confess, the new profile pic is as close to boobie Friday as I'll get. :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I confess that there is so much to love about Fridays! :devil:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options

She posed a question of how to ask a guy out that she has a crush on, a bunch of us offered her good suggestions, she was full of excuses. Someone called her on it and she got all pissed and basically called this group worthless and no wonder why we're all single. Carl was wise and deleted it before we all mobbed her.

I don't read all of the threads here, but did read this one and was thinking about a response before it got deleted.

I think the reason she might have gotten so upset is because the poster she was heatedly engaged with initially said something about along the lines of her thread not deserving 5 pages of responses (because she was making excuses or whatever). I think she took this as an attack. The idea that anything posted here doesn't deserve the number of responses it gets is ridiculous to me, though.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I don't read all of the threads here, but did read this one and was thinking about a response before it got deleted.

I think the reason she might have gotten so upset is because the poster she was heatedly engaged with initially said something about along the lines of her thread not deserving 5 pages of responses (because she was making excuses or whatever). I think she took this as an attack. The idea that anything posted here doesn't deserve the number of responses it gets is ridiculous to me, though.

I see your point, and I think we all have different levels of how much sympathy we have for someone. But I was about one page from calling her out myself. She got 2 pages of pretty good ideas and rejected them all. I think what the gal that called her out on it was saying is, it comes down to 2 choices you ask him or you don't. I don't think she needed to fly off the handle like that and call us all worthless for not solving her problems. But it's over now and we all move on :smile:
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I was wondering where she was going with it because she DID have an excuse for everything. I got annoyed and told her to decide and not drag the thread on for 5 pages!