Starting tomorrow insanity day by day diary ;)

Options
Hello, my name is Michèle ( michi is just fine though) and tomorrow i want to start insanity. i have done it numerous times, but quit halfway. Not this time! I am going to start tomorrow and post my results, I would apreciate it if people would support and/ or join me ;)

Cheers, Michèle Mary
Xx

Replies

• bee_elle
    bee_elle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Michi -

I started Insanity this past Sunday (for the first time) so I am right there with you - hi!
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

I thought about doing something like this when I started out (18 days left), but I realized pretty soon that every diary entry was going to me pretty similar, "I pushed play, did some 1-2-3 Heismans, collapsed on the 3rd set of moving pushups, struggled on _____ jumps and ended the workout in a sweaty heap on my floor"

I'll definitely follow the diary, but whether you keep up with posting it or not, keep pushing play and dig deeper.
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Thank you! I would like to keep posting though :)

Cheers, Michèle Mary

Xx
  • Michixchan
    Options
    I have just done the fit test, I will post my results tommorow, I'm quite tired right now.

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • Kay101989
    Options
    I just started this week. On my 5th day today. Hot damn!! Just did Pure Cardio and BAM! Im awesome. Now, obviously I couldnt do the entire video- Shaun T doesnt even do the entire thing haha. But I did pretty good for being my first week. :D
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Congradualations! My results were... Okay, I guess.

I'm better than most guys at lifting weight ( will still be doing so during insanity) but i'm absolutely terrible at cardio.

THAT is why I wanted to challenge myself by doing insanity.

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Switch kick: 66
    Power jacks: 35
    Power knees: 65
    Power jumps: 6 (lol, I know)
    Globe jumps: 12
    Suicide jumps: 12( they killed me alright)
    Push up jacks : CANNOT DO DUE TO RECENT FRACTURE IN MY WRIST
    Low plank obliques: 55

Yes,yes,I. Know.

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Just did plyometrics...i feel like I didn't " dig deep".

Will do it again tommorow.

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Just did plyometrics again, will do the recovery this evening. I feel like I really killed it today... Or maybe Shaun T killed Me? Lol.

Wish me luck

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

I thought about doing something like this when I started out (18 days left), but I realized pretty soon that every diary entry was going to me pretty similar, "I pushed play, did some 1-2-3 Heismans, collapsed on the 3rd set of moving pushups, struggled on _____ jumps and ended the workout in a sweaty heap on my floor"

I'll definitely follow the diary, but whether you keep up with posting it or not, keep pushing play and dig deeper.

LMAO!!! So true!!
  • gataury
    gataury Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele,

Welcome! Keep going don't give up! I will join you on Monday... I know it is hard, but you do not have to do it perfectly. I finished the first month but by the second, it seemed that I couldn't anymore...so I will try again as well... We can do it!!! :)
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Good luck to everyone doing Insanity. It's a GREAT program. Just make sure you "Push Play" everyday and you will get results. You may not see it on the scale or in the mirror in the very near future, but you will see it in the lesser amount of breaks you have to take and in your fit tests. I was in my second week before I could even get through the warm-up without taking a break. :) Month 2 is where the big changes start to show.
  • Kay101989
    Options
    Thanks for that Dale! I'm towards the end of week two and Im just starting to feel a little stronger. lol. I am able to get through a couple more reps of different exercises without falling out haha. Keep it up everyone!! :drinker: oh but this <<<< wont help you right now lol. follow the food plan too!
  • Michixchan
    Options
    ARGH. So very sorry! I haven't updated lately... Excuse me, excuse me. I was temporarily hospitalised because , they thought I had appendicitis, turned out to be just a Stumach inflammation... Well, still hurts, i'll have to change my diet... But I AM picking insanity up again tommorow... Not today, today I have to study. i am a medical student after all.

Cheers, michèle Mary

Xx ps. Thanks for all the supportive people here!
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Normally I'm not one for excuses for missing a workout, but I think being hospitalized counts as an acceptable one. Get yourself right and get back in it.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    ARGH. So very sorry! I haven't updated lately... Excuse me, excuse me. I was temporarily hospitalised because , they thought I had appendicitis, turned out to be just a Stumach inflammation... Well, still hurts, i'll have to change my diet... But I AM picking insanity up again tommorow... Not today, today I have to study. i am a medical student after all.

Hope you feel better soon!!
  • 1Uniquebeauty
    Options
    Hello Michi! My husband and I started on Monday :smile: I want to congratulate you on deciding to finish strong. We are here with ya!
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Thank you for the support! Well I did the fit test again yesterday.. Had the EXACT same results... It was almost scary.

Cheers, Michèle Mary

Michi's fine btw, everybody calls me that ;)
  • Michixchan
    Options
    Just because i thought that something funky was going on with my fit test results, I did it agin yesterday

EXACT same results. Scary. Anyway, today I'll be doing the plyometrics. I do NOT look forward to it, oh well.

Cheers, Michèle Mary
  • Michixchan
    Options
    So, is as just talking to my friend, who is currently doing turbo fire... And she commented that she always felt so tired and sick during her workouts... Thought that was strange, so. Asked her what her pre-workout is.

"what's a pre-workout?" SMH.

So well, anyway, after explaining to her that she needs to prepare for intensive workouts, I told her what I do. Figured you guys MIGHT find this interesting so... Here goes:

First: drink a small strong cup of ginseng coffe, with a little bit of sugar.
    Second: add some sugar and a pinch of salt a glass of water, to drink during my workout.
    Third: do some light jogging while collecting these items ( this is just for kicks really )
    Fourth: eat an orange, apple or banana if I'm a little hungry
    Fifth: Wait for the ginseng coffeeshop to set in, and for the food to settle.

AND THEN KILL IT!!!!!

Ps. I drink ginseng coffee just because it give all the benefits of cafeïne and none of the downsides. The fruit is for energy and fiber, while the sugar in the water is for extra energy, and the salt is for water retainement..

POST WORKOUT:

I usually either drink a protein shake with some fruit, or eat some scrambled eggs, depending on wether I ate eggs yet that day or not.

Cheers, hope this helps, Michèle Mary

Xx