Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• healthymebetterme
    Options
    Hello group! Just joined, I love the idea of this. It'll push me more as I know there will be an after picture!

I'm Alana, 24 years old and I'm from Falkirk in Scotland. I'm looking to lose about 70ish lbs and tone up my body. I want to be proud of my body, not be ashamed when I go into clothes shops and a healthier version of me.
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am Aditi, 25 yrs old from India. I have been obese as far as I remember but in september 2012 after visiting my home town and meeting a lot of people who looked good I finally decided that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it.

I love cooking and work as a food researcher from home, I have a wedding to attend in April 2013 of my cousin where I atleast want to look decent size and be in my 80s (kg). My brother is getting married in dec 2013 so I want to reach my goal wt by then and have a toned body too.

I recently turned my passion for food from a misfortune to a fortune by learning how to tweak healthy foods according to my taste to satisfy myself.

So far I have lost wt since october without any exercising, but will join a gym in jan after new yrs.

Color: black and red
    Season : monsoon
    TV : all sitcoms and cooking shows
    Books: from robin cook, arthur hailey. robert ludlum, danielle steel, to any thin random but strictly fiction.

I am really excited to join this group and turn my life around in 2013.
  • JellyBeans0
    Options
    Hi
    I like your questions ..you sound very good at rumbling lol

the challenge is 10 weeks I would like to get rid of 30 lbs but I'm fine with 20 or 10

I like most of the colors & I love winter :D
    I loooove chocolate ..I think I'm chocoholic XD
    and whatever my diet is I'll include chocolate in ..I don't crave daily ..maybe each 3 days ^_^

I like solving crimes movies & shows ..I like comedy like friends & sometimes girls movies
    & ghost horrors :D

any book that makes me feel wise after reading it is a good book
    my hobby is cooking XD .. I'm thinking about developing new hobby such as photography ^_^

I would visit sydney australia ..it is beautiful :D

I'm vegetarian it been about 3 years now but haven't lost weight because i eat vegetarian junks & i binge sometimes also I've PCOS which makes it harder to lose weight & easy to gain..I'm looking to change my eating habits to more healthy habits

as for the workouts ..I like walking sometimes dancing & aerobics
    but my dream is to lose the fat to bring out the muscles
    I would love some toned muscles
  • ashley26tx
    ashley26tx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley and I am 27 years old.....I currently weigh 225...my goal weight by March 20 is 200. I started changing my lifestyle and eating healthy about 2 years ago. I got down to about 200. This summer I did not workout as much and stayed at home and did nothing but eat!

I live in Texas and am a Special Education Teacher. I have always had a problem with my weight. When I was 9 years old my parents went through a very nasty divorce, my mom gave me food or took me out to eat to make me feel better. I have been comfort eater ever since. When I am stressed I eat, when I am happy I eat, when I am sad I eat. I eat all the time for any reason. I am addicted to food, 9 months ago I was additiced to exercising. I would go to the gym at least 4 times a week and walk 3 1/2 miles five days a week. I want to get back to exercising again. I enjoy running, walking, riding bike and working out on the Wii and Jillian Micheals workout videos.

I have two favorite colors: purple and red, I am not married and do not have any children, unless you count my six little students. This is my first year teaching, so I have been stressed out a little!!! I need to find a hoppy to do when I am stressed instead of eating.
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello group! My name is Danielle / Dani. I am a 22 year old Irish Step Dancer. I am engaged to my best fried - so of course one of my motivations is my wedding! In February I moved from Salt Lake City, Utah to Ventura, California - but I am back in SLC because I just had surgery on my ankle and need two more. Really hard to lose weight while I can't put weight on my right foot! BUT I can start riding the stationary bike by Jan 1! SUPER excited to start my cardio back up. My favorite book series has been Harry Potter AND the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series!

My favorite workouts are POP pilates (SO addicted to the burn!), anything Dance related, biking and weight training! (:

My heaviest weight was 225 - I started MFP at 222. I got down to 197 but have gained 9 pounds since surgery ):
    My GW for the challenge is 190
    My UGW is 150-160 depending on what is most comfortable!

ANYWAY! I hope to get to know you (: Good luck!
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Samantha and my goal is to lose 15-20 pounds in the 10 weeks :)

Color: blue
    Food: anything mexican
    TV: Person of interest
    Visit: Spain, Jamaica, or anywhere warm lol
    Workout: curves, good cardio and resistance
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Heyyy everyone! Firstly, awesome idea for a group :)
    I'm Zoe, 21, from the UK, 5ft 7, I've lost 19 pounds so far on MFP, and am now 11 stone 4. Overall my ideal weight is 10 stone, although I'm not sure if that would be possible by March!
    Off topic; I have 3 beautiful doggies, Timba who's 12 - a saluki x greyhound, he's obese and often gets mistaken for a girl and a labrador cross haha poor boy. Our other two are Peppa and Teddy, both whippet x greyhounds as they are brother and sister but Ted is huge compared to Peppa! They like to go on nice walks, chase pheasants, and not do as they are told. I would add a picture but I don't know how haha.
    As well as taking my pooches for a walk, I like to go swimming almost every weekday (but I haven't been in the last 2 weeks :( it is gonna be HARD work when I get back into it after xmas!)
    I'm doing Graphic Design at uni and also am part of the family business; as a branch off of my Dad's firm we sell and deliver logs.
    I have a ripped disc in my lower back which is annoying as hell because I feel like an old lady :( some of the time I can't even bend down to put something in the bin... My osteopath is in the process of trying to get me referred for an MRI scan, and I'm not allowed to do sit ups which I hate because I REALLY want to tone my stomach.
    I have 16 tattoos and 11 piercings, all of which my Nan hates but hey ho, haha its my body right? And it is my body, hence why I am on this site and want to be part of this challenge :)
    Ramble over. Nice to meet everyone!
  • twright513
    Options
    Hi. Im Tom. Im 39 years old and 13 lbs into loosing 50 lbs!
    My workuts include biking or walking i do weights for my back, chest, arms, and abs. Also i call cleaning a workout to!
    My hobbies are cooking and reading. I love my xbox and fishing to.
    TV series, like NCIS & CSI
    Im in Metro Detroit MI
    i am also a dog person, my dog is a Beagle named Chloe. She a bit of a fattie!!
    You can add me atinstagram tjwright513
    And tumblr tw513.tumblr.com
  • cassgirl87
    cassgirl87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Cassie and I joined this group to hopefully get some accountability so that I can finish losing around 15 pounds more by March. I've been stuck at this weight for several months now and it's been quite frustrating.

I am currently in month 2 of the Insanity program and I have noticed an inch or two lost, but the weight is not budging as much as I would like. Of course I've also been eating out a lot recently so I'm sure that doesn't help! During the warmer months I am a runner and plan to do several races this year. My longest is a 10k... my goal this year is to do it in under an hour.

Hope this group works!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So glad to have found this group and looking forward to this challenge!

I'm Desiree and I'm 38 years old. I'm looking to devote 2013 to ME and getting healthier! I'm married to a wonderful hubby and have an 18 year old daughter. We also have 4 fur-babies: a dog named Buzz and 3 cats, Loki, Doyle and Oz

I am from Baton Rouge, LA
    Colors: Purple and gold, baby!
    Season: Spring
    Food: Mexican or Chinese
    Tv- Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, 30 for 30
    Books: Black Dagger Brotherhood series, True Blood, any true crime books, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
    Visit: I'd love to visit England and Scotland one of these days!
  • knittiki
    knittiki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hi! I am from the PNW via California. I am looking to lose 10lbs by our March finish date. I started out at around 240, then recommitted to MFP at about 220. Currently I weigh 165. My current UGW is 142. I haven't been that low since I can remember. I am 33.
    I am going to start a primal/paleo challenge starting January 1st. I am scared but excited.
    Favorite Food: It used to be bread with butter and now I am not sure anymore! roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and nuts maybe? I do love cheese.
    Season: Spring, it means the end of gray is coming soon and everything starts to bloom.
    TV I am really liking Game of thrones, True Blood, Girls, Raising Hope, Castle, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Dr. Who, Luther. I have a toddler so I haven't been watching current seasons much.
    Books: I love paranormal romance and mysteries as well as YA and dystopian fiction. I will read anything that looks good.
    Hobby: knitting, running
    Favorite workouts: running outside. I also do Jillian and Bob dvds and have dabbled in the insanity dvds. I just can't commit to doing a dvd daily
    Travel: I would love to go to Mexico or Europe again. Or New Zealand/Australia/fiji

Feel free to add me! I am not super posty but I try to be supportive.
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm Sandra and lost 4 and a half stones last year. I reckon I need to lose a further 35 lbs despite a couple of friends' well meaning (or envious??) advice that I don't need to lose any more!!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

1) I'd like to lose 15 lbs. for 10 weeks.
    2) I'm currently living in Clovis, NM, but I consider San Diego, CA my home. Favorite color(s) are fall colors, maroon, tan, browns, etc. I love fall in places other then here (it's rediculously windy and the temperature jumps around too much). My favorite TV series is Bones and Burn Notice, but I really don't watch much TV. I would sooner read then watch TV, and my current favorite author is Patricia Briggs. My favorite hobbies is camping and horseback riding. I used to rebuild Mustangs, but I don't have a current project (or the time to work on one). Where in the world would I go? Probably Australia, but I've never been out of the country so I'm sure anything would be exciting.

I'm aweful about working out, because I had such a bad experiance the last time I tried. I mostly just walk my dog once or twice a week around the park (which takes about 45 minutes at a brisk pace).
  • jennsavage88
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Jenn, I'm 24 and I weigh 247. I'd like to lose 15-20 lbs in 10 weeks.

I've had a rough 6 mos., moving to a new city, living off of pasta for a while, etc. I'm finally in a good place and ready to get back in the game!

i live in Maine where it is ridiculously cold right now haha Favorite color: red, favorite food: sushi, season: fall, tv series: Grey's Anatomy, Book: Wicked, Hobby: dont really have one. Guess i need one haha I've always wanted to visit Oregon. I'm currently a nursing student and when I graduate, I want to go to the Oregon Health and Science University for my Masters in Nurse Midwifery. As far as a favorite workout, I'm trying to figure that out!

Can't wait to get started!

Game on!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mae. Hoping to lose 24 lbs by March. It's a really lofty goal for me, but I'm going to give it a try. I am a summer baby and love those warm months. I really struggle in the winter to force myself out of hibernation. My favorite way to exercise is Zumba. Love gardening and crocheting. And, would like to say that it's really nice to have a group that will hopefully help me to stay motivated and focused on my goals.
  • fatblaster2012
    Options
    Hi I'm Shanna. 31 years old and 230 pounds. I had gotten down to 209 pounds, then gained it all back. This time I want to keep it off for good. I have a boyfriend of almost 2 years and we have 4 dogs.

Fav color- Purple
    Fav food- Sushi
    Fav season- Fall and Winter
    Fav tv show- Golden Girls
    Fav book- A whole lot of them. I love love love love to read
    Fav hobby- Reading, crocheting, video games
    Travel- I would go all over the world at least once. If I could only pick one place..... Ireland
    Fav workout-any kind of dance

I'm so excited to start the challenge!!

I have no friends so far so please feel free to add me. I am also looking for my twin, I posted in the twin section of anyone else is still looking.
  • gingerOHsnap
    Options
    HEY!

My name is Kayla. I'm 21 and about to graduate from college, but then I might go to Graduate school....not sure yet. I'm hoping to lose around 20 lbs during the challenge. I've always been overweight and my perception on food needs to change so I can be healthier and feel better about myself. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3 years now and before I get engaged I want to be comfortable with my body .

Height: 5'6"
    CW: 267
    Favorite color: Purple
    Season: Fall
    Food: Anything Asian
    TV: Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother.

Good luck!
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! My name is Jennifer. I just turned 31 on Dec 17th. Just yesterday I reached my new years goal of being under 200 lbs which has made me ecstatic! I have lost a total of 13 lbs so far. I still have 58.6 to go as of today. I want to be 140 lbs. I am 5'3". I live in Louisville, KY. Favorite color is purple. I'd like to lose 15 lbs in the 10 week challenge that you all are doing. I think it can be done with discipline. Right? I mean I've lost 13 lbs so far since Nov 1st. It can be done! *<{:0)

SW: 211.6
    CW: 198.6
    GW: 140.0

Jennifer
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Silja, I'm 23-years old and I live in Finland. I've lost just a bit under 10 kilos in the past four months so I now weigh 88.4 kg (starting weight 98 kg). My goal for the next ten weeks is to get down to 80 kg. I'm going to spend March, April and May in Iceland working on a school related internship so I hope to be much fitter by then. Losing the first 10 has been great but I think I can do so much better with healthier choices. I've been slacking off quite a bit through this first leg of the journey so I'm really looking forward to maximizing my weight loss potential so to say :D I'm 156 cm tall and my GW is 60 kg.

I'm studying to become a community arts and crafts artisan so I obviously love making things with my hands. I spend my free time mostly with friends and I also work as a nanny occasionally.

Fav color- Green
    Fav food- summer soup
    Fav season- Spring
    Fav tv show- Parks and Recreation
    Fav book- the Moomin books by Tove Jansson, Good Omens, Pride and Prejudice
    Fav hobby- Knitting, crocheting
    Travel- Reykjavik, Berlin, London, Copenhagen, New York
    Fav workout- walking and cycling

My logging here is kind of erratic nowadays but I do visit the site every day so feel free to friend me :)
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Name: Leah Estey

19 pounds

Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby?
    Augusta, Maine
    Purple
    Spring
    strawberry short cake
    Xena or Star Trek TNG
    Can't read books with 3 kids in the house
    rollerskating

Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why?
    Hawaii, sandy beaches and warm water

What are your favorite workout routines?
    Zumba and walking