Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• xxChristineNicolexx
    Options
    Hey guys!
    My name is Christine, I am 22 years old! Weight loss has been extremely hard for me like most people, I was really skinny in high school (due to an eating disorder, it was yo-yo all the time) and then I gained healthy weight two years after I graduated. Before I got pregnant with my son I was 195 pounds (I am 5'2) and extremely depressed. Once I was pregnant I dropped 20 pounds, and then gained it all back plus five more. Once I had my son I gained another 10 pounds because I kept eating the way I did when I was pregnant. My son is now 18 months old and I dont want him to think of me as fat while he is skinny. I want to be a sexy mommy! I am originally from Washington State and just moved down to Austin Tx in may of this year. My hardest challenge for weight loss is not having anyone to do it with, so I am hoping being on this group will help me out and give me that push. I hope I can lose up to 15 pounds, but TONS of inches. We will see though. I am on facebook more, if anyone wants to add me my facebook is www.facebook.com/pftchristine!

=)

So my stats are SW 207, GW eventually 150 and I will see from there. I am 5'2. I will be posting a before picture on the first!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals, I'm Gabby. At the end of this challenge I would like to have lost at least 15lbs. I'm originally from Chicago, but have since moved to Sunny San Diego!!
    My fav. color: Currently black (tends to hide the excess if you know what I mean)
    Fav. Season: Fall, although SD doesn't get much of a fall.
    Fav Food: Is Chinese, I'm a sucker for noodles
    Fav. TV Show: True Blood, American Horror Story
    Fav Books: I'm a huge reader, I love romance novels. My favorite has to be Beautiful Disaster.
    My hobbies: I bake..and I bake a lot. Id like to eventually own my own bakery so you know, practice makes perfect, except for my waist size :(
    I'd love to go some where tropical like Tahiti or Belize. No real reason why, just to go. I love beach sand and all things that pertain to relaxing.
    My workouts as of right now consist of getting back onto the running groove, I started a C25K challenge recently, and I'm also starting the Lean version of P90X on Monday!!
    I'm 27, 5'7, weighing in at 208...(it would have flown naturally if i were 207)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i'm Linda I currently weigh around 278 (will know better in mornign wheni go to doctor) the 10 week will be close to my 30 year reunion so the more weight i can lose the better (i ultimately want to get down to 120)so keep pushing me anyone know how to take the food thing off of private and put it to public?

Hi Linda,

Go to My Home/Settings/Diary Settings - you'll see it at the bottom of the page.

Cheers
    Jane
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I'm Orla from Dublin, Ireland. I'm a single mother to my 22yr old son.

Growing up and through my 20's and early 30's I never had to worry about food or gaining weight.. In the last 8 / 10 yrs, suddenly I'm gaining weight and I have to watch my food intake and its something that I get really frustrated about.
    Have figured out the reason is muscle.. I was very strong and fit - cycled to work, rode horses etc. When I moved home to Dublin after 2 yrs working with horses, I went back to office work.. The muscles disappeared and the weight appeared.

2013 is my year. I'm getting my old body back. I still ride horses and as my horses gain experience, I need to be stronger and fitter to keep up with them..

Plan to loose 20lbs - thats 2lb a week. Goal weight would be to loose 36lbs.. Have started C25K and am letting go of cigerattes from 1st Jan.. Its my year and I'm determined to be strong and fit by the end of it..

Hobby - showjumping, XCountry - anything to do with horses
    TV - Downton Abbey, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (I know, I know!! lol)
    Colour - Red
    Food - potatoes

Now, to get that before picture.. Cringing at the thought....
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile:

I'm Nickie, 20 and from West Bromwich, UK.
    I've always thought I was fat, from since I can remember. I've never been stick thin, but I've also never been overweight, until now. I've always been relatively active, I'd take part in dance competitions and go out on bike rides..

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in October, and later found out I've had it since March. This put around 32lbs on me in the space of 7 months, despite being active. My confidence / self esteem no longer exists, and I'm finding it hard to stay focused. Putting all of my troubles behind me (2012 has been terrible) I'm ready to enter 2013 with a smile on my face, ready to shift some pounds. I'd LOVE to lose at least 30lbs before April, as it's my 21st that month :bigsmile:

Best of luck to you all, feel free to add me, I'm on everyday :flowerforyou:

CW - 188.4
    GW - 130
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Melissa. I am one of those people that goes up and down with her weight. I got into the low 150s last year and got to comfortable. I didn't seem to have a problem maintaining so I went with it. However, I have been noticing that winter weight slowly coming back. Finally mustard up the courage to get on the scale the other day and realized that I definitely needed to do something before I gained it all back. I am hoping by joining a group it will give me that little push I need to get remotivated.
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am Jackie, 39 yrs od, live in VT, married with 2 boys (10 and 3). Next year I am turning a big 40 and would like to stop fighting with my yo-yo eating and exercising. I am cronic quitter and I hope in 2013 I will get those "problems" under some control.
    Love to read, walk, originally from Europe (Bosnia).
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Marie and I am 35 years old. I am a stay at home mom to two kids (3 and 5) I am hoping this year I can keep losing instead of stopping half way through like last year. I need to find things to do when I am watching TV or have a few minutes on my own since that is when I tend to eat the junky food.

CW - 198 lbs
    GW - 150 lbs
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm from San Diego, but now live in Phoenix area. I am aiming to lose 15 lbs for this challenge. I love to read, favorite book from this year is John Green's The Fault in our Stars. Favorite series is Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness.

I workout with a personal trainer for strength training at least 2-3x's a week. I love to run and run 3xs week (try to!). I've completed two half marathons in 2012 and plan for two more in 2013. I'm a zumba lover! Go at least twice a week. My new fascination is with Mud Runs and obstacle courses!

I'm also a foster mom... A single foster mom! I've had a hard time balancing out fostering with my health goals... Hence, trying to get back to being active on MFP and joining this challenge.
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Melody. I am 25.

I am from Oklahoma. I am married with 3 kiddos (6yrs,3yrs, and 9months). I work full time.

I would like to loose 15lbs during this challenge. I am currently 228. As far back as I can remember and the pictures go I have always been the big girl in the family. I always attempted to diet, but gave up quickly. After seeing some horrible pictures a couple months back, it sparked something inside and I am more determined to be healthy and at a healthy weight than I have ever been. I found MFP about the same time I looked at the photos and it has been a wonderful aid in getting to the new me :)

My favorite color is purple.
    My favorite season is fall. I love the colors and temperature lol.
    I don't really have a favorite food, I like all food
    I have several fave tv shows - criminal minds, csi: las vegas, NCIS, Sister Wives, Gas Monkey Garage, American Pickers.
    If I could visit any place in the world it would be Greece.
    I am trying new workouts but at the moment I enjoy the elliptical, 30ds, and zumba for kinect.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I am Mandy, 49 will be 50 the day after the 10 weeks! Eek!

I am married have two kids 22 and 17. We live in a National Park in the UK and have two crazy springer spaniels.

I have signed up to do a charity trek in August to the Great Wall of China, my life has revolved around my kids since we were involved in a terrorist bombing in 1998, both my kids were left disabled. 2013 is my time, spent so much time focussed on other people I do not know who I am anymore, but intend to find out!

My fav colour is ... Pink
    My fav season is ...Summer, not that we get much of a one in the UK!!
    My fav food is .... CHOCOLATE, bad!
    My fav tv shows .....Criminal Minds, Perception, The Glades...that kinda stuff
    Workouts ..... Pilates, love Zumba and Body Pump, need to come up with a training programme for my trek, so loads of strength and
    cardio for me

Really looking forward to getting to know you all. We can do this, together xxxx
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Virginie, 23 years old, from Montreal, QC, Canada. That being said, sorry in advance for any English mistake, French being my 1st language.

I succeeded the Quebec province bar exams last spring, currently doing my "prior to have the lawyer/attorney title" internship in litigation and professional/disciplinary law. I will actually become a lawyer in March 2013 :).

I have lost almost 40 pounds so far with MFP, only 10 to go on paper, but I gained some back in December, Holidays are just devastating for me on the healthy eating side.

Reasons why 2013 should be my best year so far:
    1. Regarding the Chinese signs, I'm a snake and 2013 is the snake's year.
    2. I will have my lawyer/attorney title in March 2013.
    3. I plan to loose that last 10 lbs and achieve my goal weight.
    4. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and our plan is to move together and buy our 1st house.
    5. That's still to discover!!!

As for my workouts, they 're anything Jillian Michaels or running!

Nice to meet you all!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    First I want to say how wonderful it is to have people from all over the world on MFP and in our group! I love that!

My mini goal is a 10 lb. weight loss. I have been stalled the last few months and started to put on weight when I started strength training; guess I need more of a calorie deficit!

I've lived all over the world and I'm currently in Reno, Nevada.
    Favorite color: green every since I was about 5 years old, and I'm currently 42.
    Favorite season in order: Spring, Fall, Summer, Winter
    Favorite food: ICE CREAM! Followed by Elk Steak!
    Television: (When I get to watch) Justified, Being Human, Merlin, Fringe, Grimm, and Bones.
    Books: The Belgariad, Fablehaven, The Green Rider Series (is she ever going to finish it?), The Ranger's Apprentice (except Book #10 sucked!), gosh... there are so many more!
    Hobbies: who has time anymore?! Writing, drawing, horses, gardening, cooking, building things with wood and sewing.
    Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world: Ireland with my husband. Spain to ride the stallions with my best gal friend. Alabama to take the kids to visit my dad.

Right now my workout is Julian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I want to do the P90X next. When the roads dry up I'll start running and biking again.

I've been married 19 years and we have 6 kids between the ages of 14 and 3. I used to be a Landscape Architect but now I'm a full time mommy.
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Brenda and I'm 47 and live in Portland, Or. I have 2 kids and a grandchild. I love music and collecting records. Love vintage jewelry and look forward to being able to wear vintage clothes again when I lose weight. I also love good food and am a bit of a foodie but dislike that term. LOL. I've been on MFP for 35 days and went on here for accountability and for support since I can be a bit hard on myself. I've never had a active lifestyle or played sports and I'm paying for it now since its a challenge getting myself to stay consistent with exercise. I have over 100 lbs to lose and know it may not be easy so I'm going to try and stay as positive as possible but find its helps a lot to see others success stories on here.My goal over the next 10 weeks will be to lose at least 10 pounds and to have some sort of exercise or activity EVERYDAY. I always feel great after I've exercised and want to keep those endorphin's flowing! I'm also a BIG procrastinator and finally got around to joining the group a couple days ago and just now posting here. I wish you all great success!!
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hey everyone!

My name is Tiffany, Tif for short. I live in Northwestern PA, just below the snow belt so I have a built in excuse to get some good calorie burn in by shoveling my walkway during the winter. :tongue:

By the end of the challenge I would like to be down 10-15 pounds.

My favorite season is definitely Spring, I love all the bright colors and after seeing white for so many months, green is a FANTASTIC color lol.

My favorite color is pink, or anything pastel.

My hobbies are reading, drawing, and crocheting. I have a very sports-oriented husband so during the summer months we spend a lot of time going to baseball games (his favorite sport).

My favorite TV show is True Blood. Close 2nd is Dexter. I am also addicted to Bones, Haven, Once Upon a Time, Dancing with the Stars, Grimm, Blue Bloods, Perception, Elementary, Person of Interest and Rissoli and Isles.

My favorite food is pizza, my mother's lasgna, homemade macaroni and cheese and my husband's pernil (some delicious pork shoulder that is roasted in the oven all day, ends up all stringy and AWESOME!)

My favorite books are anything I'm currently reading. I enjoy series and recently I have finished the Twilight books (favorite movie series by the way) and Fifty Shades of Gray Trilogy. Also have read the Hunger Games books and currently I'm working my way through the Sookie Stackhouse series (what True Blood is based off of). I like mindless books I can lost in because my job is very cognitively focused (I'm a mental health therapist). So when I read I want to drift off into a world of fantasy :smile:

My number one place I want to visit is Puerto Rico. That is my husband's ethnic background and he always tells me that is one place that is beautiful in person as it on on TV and in pictures. Other than that, I would enjoy going to the western side of the United States, Nevada, California, pick one.

My favorite work out routines are Tae Bo, its a work out that makes you sore for days but is a nice combination of strength and cardio I feel like I've accomplished something. I also love dancing, so I have a lot of dance aerobic VHS tapes. Since they are VHS you know I've had them for a while so I have the routines memorized which means I can get as crazy as I want to with them. So much fun. I like Pilates and my Wii Fit too.

I've been married for 3 and a half years. No children.

Nice to meet everyone in this challenge and good luck to us all in reaching our goals :smile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to meet you all, and please feel free to add me as a friend if you need more accountability.

~Jessica
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Jennifer. I live in Alaska and I am not a big fan of winter, but I do love winter fashion. :) I started out this journey at 153 and got down to 147.6. After Christmas, I'm now 140. I am hoping to mainly get down to 130, though I'm thinking 125-120 might be a better option. I'm definitely happy I've lost *almost* 15 lbs, but I am not happy about how long it's taken me.... 7 months! How does that even happen? (I've counted calories the whole time... exhausting. But I still love eating out, so every time I've done that, I've ended up maintaining for that week. Not cool.)

So needless to say, I'm really excited for this challenge to really amp up my weight-loss and reach my goal within the next 10-12 weeks. I have a personal challenge during this 10 weeks too... No more eating out! Even if I can look up the nutritional information, I am not going to do it. It's going to be the most difficult thing I've had to do on this journey, but it's time to get serious (& save money. :) ). I challenge you to do the same if you also love to eat out as much as I do.

I wish everyone luck and I am so excited to not be alone on this journey. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Isobel and I am 60 years old. 2011 was a great year for me, I lost 34 lbs with the support of my MFP friends. Early in 2012, my hubby got very sick and was in hospital for 2 weeks (he's fine now I am happy to say). During that time he lost 25 lbs!! And I started to gain... then after he returned home, I was hit with a 3 week bout of sciatica, so there went my exercise routine completely :noway: and I just never did get back on track... 2013 is gonna be the year!

I live in Ontario Canada, halfway between Toronto ON and Montreal Quebec.
    Colors are blue and purple and just about any shade in between
    Season: Hmmm I am Canadian, lately we just have 2 seasons, summer and not summer! Although our Christmas snowfall was most welcome!
    Food: lobster tails
    Tv- Person of Interest, Big Bang
    Books: Anything by Karen Kingsbury, Brooke & Bodie Thoene
    I would like to visit: New Zealand
    Hobbies: Reading, gardening, music appreciation, live theatre (as a spectator not an actor, that's for the rest of my family lol), cooking

I am really looking forward to our successses in 2013. Happy New year everyone!
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey All --

I'm going to be 30 in 2013! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

I want more for myself, so here I am. Tthis is the first step. As well as finding better ways to deal with disappointment. I would like to lose 100+lbs in 2013. I'd really like to end the year at 180 or less.

I'm committing myself to 365 days of logging -- no excuses being I have an App for that!
    I've committed myself to Zumba at least 5 times a week
    I'm committed to taking my Thyroid meds daily.
    I'm seeing a nutritionist weekly to biweekly.

And rest assure, I am not one of those new years band-wagoners. I've been doing this since October (-14lbs)-- just not as well as I am going to do it now.
  • ZenDivaDP
    ZenDivaDP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all....
    I have a pretty stressful job and commute three hours daily.
    Find it difficult to resist cheese!
    I want to put my health and well being first in the New Year.

My 2013 goals:
    Lose 20 pounds
    Exercise at least 5 times per week
    Once I get into better shape join a kickboxing class
    Stay away from processed foods
    Eat vegetables, fruits, beans, and fish
    Meditate each day
    Get some sleep!

Good luck to everyone!