Introduce Yourself!!

Replies

• Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I guess i started losing control of my weight while my fiancee was pregnant with our son. I'm sure you mothers out there know about cravings and just eating uncontrollably while pregnant. It can be the same for your men as it was for me as i was working nights and on the way home i'd get the text can you bring this and that im hungry. Well can't just get her something and not get yourself anything. all that stuff added up and in December of 2010 i got to up to almost 240 pounds. In 2011 i tried diets, lost weight and gained it back im sure you all know what i mean. I found MFP in April or May and got lazy didn't have a lot of friends and fall off the wagon. In August i started seriously logging going to the gym eating right and lost 15 pounds in three months. In November my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and it eventually took his life. I fell into a rut but ended up losing another 5 pounds but i wasn't eating, wasnt sleeping ect. Now I'm back i need to get back on track so my son has his father around for a long time. I'm getting married in September so want to look good for the future mrs and look good at the beach for the honeymoon.

I'm 5'7 currently lost 15 pounds think i will need to lose about another 40 (not planning on doing it in 50 days lol) pounds to reach my goal.

Thanks for reading and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi Everyone! I'm Kristy! I had lap band surgery on November 16th, and had lost 43lbs at my weigh in. I have a ways to go, and need help getting motivated in the exercise category! I'm looking forward to this challenge as a way to assist me with my weight lost goals. Feel free to add me as a friend! I need all the motivation I can get! :)
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Hi~ Im Tricia 41yr.s old Mom of a 3 & 41/2 yr old. Just trying to eat healthy & drop a few lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend! The ore the better. Goals are to excercise 6x/wk, eat clean.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Hi! I'm Allisyn. I'm 25 and working a desk job.

Currently I run or walk in the mornings with my dog and I'm working on adding in weight training to my regular exercise routine. I'm also a very active swing dancer. My biggest problem has always been food. I'm thinking hard about doing the Whole30 challenge in January and I'd like to lose 12 pounds during this 50 Day Challenge and reach onederland!
  • Good day,

I'm Isabelle and I'm new to the group. I weight 227 lbs and am looking to first get back to 215 lbs so to get back to my weight in February 2012. After that, I'll try to aim at loosing another 15 pounds to get to 200 lbs. I have been using MFP for a while now and I have bought a FitBit which I received on Monday. I was looking for some motivation to help me keep on track and lose some more pounds and was glad to see that there is a 50-day challenge about to start.

I am from Quebec City, Canada. I am 35 years old. I see a trainer twice a week or so and try to go to the gym at least another time (the motivation isn't always there).

Thanks for adding me to the group.

Isabelle
  • Asianaaaa
    Asianaaaa Posts: 57 Member
    Hi guys,

I'm 31 years old and have been on MFP for about 3 months. I am currently doing JM's 30DS (which I am starting to get bored with as you carry out the same exercise routine for 30 days but it works so I keep at it!) and C25K. So far I have lost 23 lbs and need to lose another 26 lbs to hit my goal weight of 126 lbs. I started off at 175 lbs and I am currently weigh 152 lbs. My aim is to reach my goal weight by my b'day in July 2013. Achievable? You bet! :laugh:

Feel free to add me!
  • LauraS916
    LauraS916 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Everyone :) My name is Laura. I am about 5'8 and weigh 195. I did really great last year and then I had my gallbladder removed and lost all motivation to continue. I had so much going on, bought a house, my husbands work scheduled changed, taking my daughter (2yr) to day care and so on. TOO Many excuses that I allowed to stop me from all the hard work I had done. Now its time to dust myself back up and get off my pitty party and start anew :) I see that challenges work best for me and I look forward to doing this challenge with every single one of you! My ideal weight would be 160 or 150, especially for my height and body type. Its all about being healthy for my child:) Please feel free to add me. WOuld love more friends! My ultimate goal is to lose 30 before I am 30, which is in about 9months!
  • Wow that's a lot of people.. I only joined this group 24 hours ago! Well done Crystal!

Anyway, I'm Chris, but most call me Stan. I used to be quite a fitness fanatic until I went to Uni and then did pretty much zero exercise for nearly 10 years. Decided to get back into it and was going really well until I took the next step of quitting smoking. All the weight I'd lost I put back on in the space of a few weeks...
    I'm still exercising 3-5 times a week (and getting more out of it since not smoking), but need to detox after the holidays to start losing the weight again. Looking forward to sharing success with you all!

BTW Add me as a friend if you want, I log every day so will always be on hand with the encouragement!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Hi All!

I'm Jodie, and I want to lose 40 pounds by May -- when I'll have back surgery to correct a defect I was born with (which really started giving me a lot of trouble after an injury in 2005). The thought of being pain-free (it's worsened over the years) is a pretty good motivator! I *could* have the surgery without losing the weight, but it makes it dangerous if I don't...so, a no-brainer.

There are a lot of things I can't do right now, but still some things that I can do; I can use a recumbent bike and I can swim. I've joined the YMCA, and plan to go at least 3 days a week (I also have a quarter-mile hike into work from the parking lot every day, but for some time now, that's been about my only exercise other than yoga at home).

Once I have my surgery, it'll be about six months of recovery time, then back at it for another 40 pound weight loss.
  • Actuate16
    Actuate16 Posts: 20 Member
    I am Christine and have lost 25 pounds but would like to loose 15 more so this challenge is perfect for me. I am 5"7 , 43 years old and my goal is to weigh in at 135 by the end of this challenge. Can't wait to get started.
  • heather2772
    heather2772 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Heather. I am 40 years old. I just want to break away for the 150's. I have weighed 150 plus for the last six years since giving birth to my daughter. In September I quit drinking alcohol, weight 169lbs at the time and dropped back down to 150 where I stay!! I admit I hate to sweat it is the most annoying feeling. I want to learn to love sweat, to crave sweat more than I crave cheese and chocolate. Hopefully on this challenge I can change my thinking about sweat. I just tell myself. "sweat is my fat crying"
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    My name is Megan and I'm 35 yrs old. My goal weight is 175 I'm currently 230. Been a MFP member for 75 days and lost 17.6 pounds so far. I am strictly Keto Diet as a lifestyle now to control blood sugar and keep me off meds. Love to walk, do Cardio and have been kicking my own *kitten* last 6 days with 30 day Shred... Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends and get ready to rumble!!!!
  • sakke777
    sakke777 Posts: 27 Member
    Hey everyone,
    looking to add to my list of motivating friends and this group seems to be the place to be. My goal for next 50 days is to get back to my workout rutine of zumba 2 x wk, weight training 2 x wk, yoga 2 x wk and log in my food everyday, which is going to be bigger challange than the workouts. My weight loss goal is to drop 7 lbs in next 7 weeks.
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I am Angelaca and I am 18 years of age. I am willing to try any challenges thrown at me.^^ I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred again with 6 Weeks 6 Pack from both from Jillian Michael. I am not quite happy with my weight just want to loose a couple more pounds and also get a toned out body.I love motivating people and help pushing them to do their best!(:
    P.S I use A LOT of smiley faces ahaha(:
  • Hello all,

So glad to be a part of this amazing group! I have loved your introductions. I will be 49 in a few weeks, have been on MFP since August and my current weight is 187. My ultimate goal weight is about 130, although like others, I will re-evaluate when I get closer to goal. For this challenge, I have three goals: 1) consistency with working out, 2) PLANNING all meals and 3) lose 10-15 lbs. Looking forward to sharing success stories with everyone here and giving support/motivation so we can all reach our goals!
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Abbi. I'm 18 years old and from Georgia.
    My current goals are ROCK HARD WASH BOARD ABS! However, first I have to chisel away the layer of fat on top. :)
    So, in this 50 day challenge, I want to lose a lot of the fat, while toning underneath it.
    I'm on vacation right now so I can't really give an accurate weight. (I have a feeling in the ten days I've been on the road I may have gained a couple.)
    But when I left my weight was 119.4.
    My goal weight is 105 -110. (Depending how I look.) OR to be toned and have a flat belly. The number on the scale isn't really important. Just the way I look.

Anybody that wants can feel free to add me!
  • airforcemom12
    airforcemom12 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm Debbie. I'm 48 years old and have lost 85 pounds this last year. However, my weight loss has stalled out. I have been focusing on aerobic workouts. My goal is too add strength training and fit into a size 24 jean, which I haven't worn since my 30's.
    Looking forward to sharing success stories with everyone!
  • Hi all, my name is Lesley and I'm 44, I've had 4 kids with massive weight gains for all of them. I lost it all with the first two but still carry extra from the second two, considering that the youngest is 7 in March it's about time I got serious. I started at MFP at over 200lbs and have lost 21lbs so far.

I'm not sure of my exact weight right now, I'll weight in on the first day of the challenge. I have Not been good for Xmas but my ultimate goal is around 130lbs

My 50 day challenge goals are getting to the gym at least 5 days a week!
    Losing up to 20 lbs and to make it so much harder I am quitting smoking forever!
  • My name is Cicely. And I need help losing weight. So I hope I have everyone support. I am ready. Let's bring new year right.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Mary, I'm 51, not sure where all the years have gone, it went by so fast....I need to lose about 70 pounds an keep it gone....have worked on this frequently over time...starting again! Feel free to add me as a friend....just like cicely...lots of support!