Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Krystal and my goal for the 10 weeks is 15 pounds. I'm a mother of two boys who are 5 and 2 and I'm currently in school for nursing so I'm constantly busy I'm always on MFP and looking for friends so don't hesitate to add me.

I'm from: Alabama
    My favorite colors are: Pink, White, and Black
    My favorite season: Fall
    Favorite food: Greek or Italian
    My favorite TV series had to be: Psych
    I love to read and do crafts when I have free time
    My workout routine is currently using Zumba for Wii and a few other games such as Just Dance and Wii Sports. I don't have time for the gym nor am I comfortable going.
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Charles and at the end of this challenge I would like to have lost at least 20lbs. I live in Delaware with my wife and two kids.
    My fav. color: Maroon
    Fav. Season: Summer all the way
    Fav Food: Mexican
    Fav. TV Show: Law and Order
    Fav Books: Anything by John Grisham
    My hobbies: I like to bake and shoot pool
    I'd love to visit any sunny destination with a beach, sand, and crystal clear water.
    My workouts as of right now consist of running and P90x.
    I'm 36, 5'6, and 214...
  • ravenlair
    ravenlair Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Margaret and I will turn 50 this February. I have never learned healthy eating habits and as a result find myself at 220 pounds. It has been a slow and insidious climb to that weight. Most of my 20s were spend in the 140-150 lb. range, my 30s in the 160 to 180 lb. range, and my 40s saw the steady climb to where I am now, 220 lbs. I've fought back and forth from 200 to 220 lbs. this past year only to find myself at the start of this year almost exactly where I started at the beginning of last year.

I need to relearn how to eat and am looking forward to being part of myfitnesspal as I educate myself and reshape myself. Knowledge and structure will be my foundation. Your stories will be my motivation, as will each small success.

It took 20 years to go from 150 lbs to 220 lbs, let's hope I can reverse that over the next year or two.
  • Toni37b
    Toni37b Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Angel and I would love to take off 20 lbs. I lost 80 lbs a few years ago and have kept most of it off but I am always back and forth with 30 lbs of it. I only gained 10 back this time but I want to lose that 10 and another 10. I am 36 5'6 180lbs and would like to be 160.
    My favorite color is red
    season is fall
    food is Mexican
    I like watching modern family and the middle oh and I also like community
    right now I enjoy playing just dance 4
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My name is Melinda, I am from Georgia. I am a mother of 2 young little ones 3 and 2. Work full time and try to be healthy but really hard. My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds in this challenge. I really don't have any hobbies other than playing with my kids. I am going to try to implement healthy outside activities with my kids to get myself active as well. Hiking, running, and the like. I am planning on running my first 5k in April. I am doing this for myself and my family. I need to be happy and healthy for them.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone~My name is Kristi. I would *love* to lose 20 lbs for the challenge, but would be happy with 10-15 lbs.

I'm from PA. I have three girls, from 3 to 7 years old. I love to garden and I can't wait to plant a hummingbird and vegetable garden in the spring. I'm a vegetarian and I love to eat Mexican and Italian foods.

I don't have a workout routine right now but I just bought a fitbit to add to my program. I also want to incorporate the Wii into my exercise routine. I want to do a mud run sometime soon, so I need to get into shape for that.

I want to be a good role model for my daughters, so it is really important for me to do this.
  • shamrockit
    shamrockit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristi and I would like to lose 20 lbs. during the challenge. I live in TN with my husband and cat. I am a teacher and am working on my M.S. I have a lot of weight to lose but taking it in small amounts helps me not get overwhelmed. I am currently on BP medicine which I hope to get off of as I lose weight and increase my excercise.

My favorites: color - green; season - fall; food - mexican; tv - Project Runway, Damages, Downton Abbey, Snapped; place I would like to visit - Hawaii; favorite workout - walking, elliptical, wii, Richard Simmons DVDs.

Always happy to have new friends so fell free to add me...good luck!!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I introduced myself previously but forgot to mention that I weigh in at 226, I am hoping to get down to 215 by the end of the challenge...and then to continue until I ultimately get to between 150 and 160.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a third year university student studying double major English lit and psychology, and wanting to go into elementary education. I am getting married on June 7 2014, and love the colour purple!
  • becky210
    becky210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am from PA but I have lived in many places. I was in the military and now my husband still is. I have two amazing little girls 3.5 years old and a 3 month old. I am currently in my second year of Grad school at UTSA for Social Work and need to get back on the horse.

My first child, I lost the weight fairly quickly and with this one I gained less but kept more. I need a lot of work and am ready to do it. I have both children home with me during the day and school at night so I am asking a lot of myself but I NEED to do this for myself, my family, and those little girls who are bound to have my genetics. I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 208. (That was a hard sentence to write). Let's do this.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    hi my names diana, 41 married with 2 girls and one grandson :)
    we live in queens NY and i started my weight loss journey (again) april 10, 2012.
    by following south beach i had lost 40lbs in 5 months. the last few months i have been
    going up an down the same few lbs.

so i came here to MFP to try to soar thru this plataue.
    hoping this 10 week challenge will also help.
    i know i need to work on excercize!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from?
    I'm from Atlantic Canada! :)

What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby?
    I love the colours purple and blue. My favourite seasons are spring and fall. I like so many books, haha! One of my favourites so far is "The Insider" by Ava McCarthy. My hobby is writing. :)

Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why?
    South Korea. My dream was to actually be an English teacher there. But, I ended up meeting my husband at a much younger age than I planned (guess you can't plan that haha), and I'd say it was worth changing my career path for him. But I'd still really like to visit.

What are your favorite workout routines?
    Right now I start with the 30 Day Shred and then an hour of whichever Brazil Butt Lift video is set for that day.

I'm 21 years of age, was just married in April. My husband and I have three furbabies xD Cats - Theodore, Mouse, and Oatmeal. <3
  • karrlove1020
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy. I am a newly single mother of a cute 2yr-old boy. I work full time at a level 1 trauma hospital in the rehab center. Love my job. I gained 90 lbs after going through a diffiult marriage. Now that I am single again I want to lose the weight and find myself again. I want to be a good role model for my son. Here are some of my favs... :)

I was born in Chicago but grew up in Denver, CO. I moved around alot for college includng Lincoln, NE, Argentina, and Southern Cali. I live in suburb of Denver again.
    Colors: Cranberry, aqua, navy blue, and emerald green
    Season: Autumn! Love the colors of the trees, weather, clothes, coziness, hot tea/chocolate time!
    Food: Chips&Salsa, Asian, and soup/salad
    Tv- Currently - Nashville, Catfish, X-factor, Glee, Reruns - Friends, Kings of Queens, Seinfeld
    Visit: Europe! I am a mix of a lot of european nationalities. I also have never been to Wash/Oregan or southern states besides Florida.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!! Add me :)
  • karrlove1020
    Options
    Oh I just purchased the 30 day shred, since I've heard a lot about it on here! Trying it tonight ;)
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Cheryl and I'm 24 years old. I am super excited about this challege, as well as being a new membmer to MFP. At the end of the challenge I want to at least be down 30 lbs. which will put me at about 250lbs.

To tell you all a little about me, I'm from chicago Illinois. My favorite color is ....well..I think I like them all, i'm very indecisive sometimes. Anywho I love to read as well. I know this might sound silly but I'm not one to remember a author's name..sorry. I do love to read though. Antthing from childrens books to suspense novels, murder misteries and the classic literature stuff as well.

i'd love to travel.if there was one place I'd go, it'd probably be Tokyo Japan at the moment. However that might be different tomorrow who knows.

I don't really like fitness dvds. I hate to workout without a machine or equipment. To me it's just plain boring. Plus I'm not very coordinated, so trying to keep up with the instructor is sucky and nearly impossible, but with a treadmill you can't go wrong.
  • dponi
    dponi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hi everyone!

My name is Delie, I'm 24 years old (almost 25!!) and I live in Cancun, Mexico. I have been using MFP on and off since november but I'm planning on sticking to it this time. I weigh 61 kg and must lose 7 kg. For that I'm using MFP along with the Asterisk (Color) Diet provided by my nutritionist, I'm also doing exercise like walking my dog ( poor dog didn't get much exercise last year =( ) and I want to start with Zuzka Light's workouts today.

My favourite color is green, i love all seasons except summer (don't like hot weather but living in Cancun ahaha) I like lots of different foods but my favorites would be italian (who doesn't like pizza and pasta anyway?) japanese/chinese and vegetarian meals.

TV.. humm well I don't have cable but I watch series online, I like Fringe, The Mentalist, Dexter (my dog's name too), Walking Dead and on the funny side I like Who's That Girl and realities like Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word, Eat Street.

Books and hobbies... hmm I mostly own technical books for gardening, recipe books.. I used to read a lot of fiction novels when I was a teen but now I don't.. I'll say Harry Potter =P Hobbies are basically the same as books.. cooking and gardening.

If I could go anywhere in the world.. I guess I'd go to Turkey because I've got a couple of friends that are over there and it seems like a nice place to visit, I really like Turkish foods and the mosques look amazing and beautiful.

Greetings everyone!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Shan and I live in PA. I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds for this challenge. That will put me at my pre-baby weight, which is exciting, since my "baby" turned four this summer :P

I started mfp back in June at 180 and lost 10 pounds over the summer, which was really awesome because I'd never been able to successfully lose weight before joining this site. I lost a bit more through the fall and at one point was down to 163 but then the holiday season hit and now I'm back up to 170. Now that Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's are finally over, I need to get back on track.

My ultimate goal is between 125-135 pounds. I'm going to add a lot of strength training to my workout routine this year though so I am not really attached to those numbers. I'd just like to get into a size 4/6 if possible. I am getting married later this year, and ordering my dress in a tiny size would be awesome :)

If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me!
  • MelK129
    MelK129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Melissa and I currently am not happy with my weight. This is my year I will lose weight and keep it off. I plan on losing 2 lbs a week until I reach my goal weight. For this 10 week challenge, it will be 20 lbs. I currently weigh way to much. LOL I like to have fun, cook, sew and hang out with family and friends. Once I reach my goal weight, I should be able to be healthy enough to have a baby. I currently have liver disease and need to get to a healthy weight first. I got married 11/02/12 and really want to start a family ASAP. I am open to trying any lifestyle changes needed. What worked for me before was a low carb diet and lots of sweating'working out. I have never done a challenge before. I normally don't get on the full site but I really wanted to join Dee's challenge so here I am. I guess to get different results I have to do something different first. I wish you and me all the luck for the next 10 weeks. I just bought a new coat today and will post a picture of me in it. My hope is at the end of this challenge it will be roomy and not barely zipping like it is today. Well, you can add me as a friend if you would like. I love new friends. Have a great day, Melissa
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Crystal, I am 29 (30 at the end of January:-( ) I currently weigh 224.5. My life is complete and utter mess right now. My marriage is shaky, my kids are crazy, and I just feel slow and unhealthy. I have 3 kids; 7-year old daughter, 5-year old son, and 4.5 year old son. The boys are all boy and are destructive silly crazy boys. My daughter is sweet, caring, artsy but high maintenance :-), but she has the biggest heart of any 7 year old I have ever known. I have a dream of going to Africa (among other places) to help in an orphanage and more, and she will not allow me to do that without her. She has wanted to do this with me for the past year and a half. She has big dreams that I am determined to help her achieve. Our daughter started out in our family as a foster child at age 1.5, and because of circumstances surrounding her birth and before she has food addictions. And it doesn't help when mommy is eating crappy food and not staying healthy. So I want and need to set a good example for her and my boys.

Not only am I a mother, I am also a student, and went back to school in September to go for my RN and get a BA in Sociology. I am just at the beginning of school, so I am looking at at least 6-8 years ahead of me. My ultimate goal with my career is to set up a non-profit organization to help children and young mothers in third world countries.

2012 was a crazy year for me, but I found a new church home that fits our family perfectly. They also do missions all over the world and will be a great place for me to start fulfilling my dreams, as well as my daughter.

In September of 2011 my husband and I decided to start losing weight, we had a trip to Hawaii planned for August 2012, well it started out great, I lost 20 pounds and he was losing as well, although he was losing a lot faster and easier, and I ended up giving up. I have gained 10 of those pounds back. I am determined to do this for me this time around. He is at his goal weight (or at least very close) so I have no one to compare my success to. I will only have myself and my accomplishments to look at, (in real life at least). I also have to deal with PCOS and the weight loss problems that brings. I am learning how to deal with it though, learning more and more about how if effects my weight and eating/cravings. I learned about the infertility side of PCOS a long time ago but never looked into the weight gain and weight loss problems it caused. So I am educating myself and doing this as natural as I can.

Other then my weight loss goals I also have the goal to learn to put my needs before others. My diet and exercise has to come first. And I have to learn to fit that in with my crazy busy schedule, that includes lots of homework and my three kids.

I am glad I have found this challenge at the beginning of my weight loss journey, giving me the right start to this new year and new me.
  • j1haze
    j1haze Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Juanita, my friends call me Nita. I will be 62 on the 29th of January. Just celebrated 32 years of marriage on the 3rd of January and also joined MFP. I have 3 grown children, 2 daughters and 1 son and I have 6 grandchildren, 3 boys and 3 girls. I was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, still here. I love to travel, I've been on about 7 cruises and have been to Cancun, Mexico twice. My dream vacation is to go to Brazil. I really don't have a favorite food, but my favorite snack is any type of chip, potato chips, doritos, etc. YUMMY!. My favorite tv shows are Revenge, Scandal, Private Practice, The Middle and Modern Family. My favorite color is red, my favorite season I guess would be Spring or Fall, I hate Winter it's too cold and Summer is too hot. As far as my workout routines, I just started to workout again yesterday, I did Zumba. I have a whole library of exercize dvd's that I need to put to use. Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, P90X, Dancing to the Oldies, Biggest Loser and the lists goes on and on. I've had a hip replacement so i am limited on what i can do, but I'm not going to let that stop me, whatever I can't do I'll try to modify. I've been on so many diets, I'll lose the weight but once I stop the program that I'm on the weight seems to always find me and bring some extra with it, LOL. I just purchased Shed: Revolutionary Diet book, I'm going to start that tomorrow and get my workout routine going again. My current weight is 170 and during this 10 week challenge I would like to lose 15- 20 lbs., my goal weight is about 120. I'm so glad I found this group, hopefully I'll stay motivated! I know 2013 is going to bring about a change for us all!