Goal Setting

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marla!

I think that I have already decided to weigh in on Sunday's and Wednesday's, but post my progress on here on Sunday's! :-)
    A weekly check-in sounds wonderful, I like that. Yes, we can do this, we already are! :-)
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lets see my goals for this year fitness/weight wise:
    -lose about 1 lb a week. for the first three months
    -get GOOD sleep for 7+ hours a day.
    -stay at or below my calorie goal 6 days a week.
    -use MFP every day.
    -always walk 10,000 steps a day but get 20,000 once a week :).
    -stop eating fast food. (this one will be difficult and for the first month I am saying eat fast food only once a week).
  • 64fitkat
    64fitkat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two goals --- the first is to commit to this challenge and not get side tracked. The second is to lose 1 lb a week during the challenge. I look forward to reading everyone's posts!
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Love your goals...so specific..way to go. Fast food was trouble for me before..pass right by the darn places... one thing that worked for me was I put my wallet (with cash or debit card :)) in my trunk for the drive home....had to make a real effort if I was stopping. Most times it wasn't worth it :) Once a week is a great success set up... Best of Luck,
    Marla
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose 20 pounds in 12 weeks. I know that is agressive but for me, I need to set my goals high.

The plan is drink 8 glasses of water
    Eat well balanced diet. ( I struggle eating enough protein)
    Exercise 5 time per week at least.

Good luck everyone..........stay determined!
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am just starting out. My goal is to lose 15 lbs in the next 12 weeks. More importantly, I want to feel better in my own skin and more energized in the new year.

Lindsey
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Marla,
    I agree with you, when I work out I sleep better too. I didn't get to bed until 10 pm last night because I just didn't have enough time in the day to get everything done! It was my day off so I was able to sleep in. For some reason I was extra tired yesterday. Maybe it was because I worked out for the first time in about 2 months the night before and I was also suffering horribley from allergies and that always seems to wipe me out. It's going to take time, but Im ready to feel better and getting your rest is the first step!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Nancy,

I have the same plan! Let's keep each other motivated!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Ketty,

I think the key is to get online to MFP every day. I've learned alot by reading different blogs and I've gotten inspired by the success stories. I think the difference for me this time is that I need to measure myself and take pictures. I also need to stop wieghing myself every day and pick one day a week to weigh. So who is ready to weigh, measure and document this journey with a picture on Sunday?????????
  • lindaw66
    Options
    JCT,

I also need to drink more water. I'm a switchboard operator and since I'm talking all day long, I dont drink enough water. I have a cup on my desk but I can't just get up when I want to. I need to bring in a jug of water to keep at my desk to refill the glass. Sleep, water, exercise and logging food, we can do this!
  • shelly4113
    shelly4113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 15lbs by the 31st of March

Drink water
    Log everyday onMFP
    Walk at least 3 days a week:smile:
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nancy,
    Are you a meat eater? I ask because you say you struggle with getting enough protein. I have suggestions that make a complete protein if you think those may help.
    Marla