Day 2 Challenge

Options

Replies

• cweavertx
    Options
    Please remember when performing the Burpies everyone, to PACE yourself. This is an exercise with a slower rep speed as to avoid getting light-headed and passing out. You can always "go for speed" on the other exercises. Doing "speed reps" with Burpiees can make some people pass out.

Otherwise, AWESOME WORK everyone! Point to far left field, call the shot, and knock it out the park!
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Had to modify this due to an old injury. But I added 15 minutes of Pilates work to my walking routine - thanks for the extra nudge to get back to that!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Chris I want to know what you think of Burpees!

I have a love hate relationship with burpees
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed...3 times. Forgot my hrm tho
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Day 2 challenge completed...took me 20 minutes to do two rounds and HRM read 115 for a 5"1 109lbs...:flowerforyou:
  • shaycg21
    Options
    I am going to do it to the best of my ability. I cannot wait for the day until this comes much easier!!
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was only able to do 1 complete round. My timer went off in the middle of the second round of burpees. Did this after I had alreadt done 30 day shred :)
  • Nessa0903
    Options
    I'm so excited to join this challenge. I'm ready for a new me.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! :drinker: We did it !!!!
    I completed:
    20 Jumping Jacks- X3
    10 Burpies -X1. Who ever came up with this was just plain mean. :noway:
    20 Lunges (each leg) x1
    10 Push-ups X2
    10 Dipsx0
    20 Lunges (each leg) X1
    20 Second Plank (you choose if on hands or forearms) X2
    20 Tummy Tucks x1
    20 Bicycle Crunches x1
  • laurenliz2920
    laurenliz2920 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just wrote it down and am doing this tonight after I get my boys to bed!
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm really not well at the moment so I've walked up and down 11 flights of stairs twice today, and went for a slow walk for 40 minutes
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is this the tummy tuck you mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T75o55WQb_4

Those look perfect!! I've also had people tell me if you lay down on your back, suck in your tummy and push your pelvis up and down that too is a tummy tuck...maybe I'll do both! :-)

Oh, I've heard that (what's on the video) called a mountain-climber. I knew all the rest of them, but couldn't find that one. Now that I know, I'm set :)

I'll commit to doing this challenge for 10 min, more if I'm able. Don't have a HRM, though, so have to make do with an estimate.

I think I'll do these exercises before my workout so I have enough energy to do the full 10 min :)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Cheers to all who complete this!
    I already did my workout for the day so I copied this for a Home circuit routine.
    Thxs for the exercise list.
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, just finished it. Took 18 minutes to do the circuit twice! That was so hard! I might make that a regular routine for the mornings now, lol!

Oh and according to mfp and another app I use for calories per exercise, I burned 205 cal in 18 min of that!
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I finished one set and am so glad no one was watching. The main thing is I did it...once.
    I also went with a friend to the mall and walked at a fast pace for 30 to 40 minutes which I haven't done in years so I think I'm good for today.
    Now to check out Day 3 Challenge.
  • elescott
    elescott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love workouts that don't require equipment so can do at home!
    Did 6 rounds, total 44 minutes, 420 calories. Did V-ups instead of tummy tucks.

For those of you just starting to exercise, this was a hard workout so don't be discouraged!! You will get better results, IMO, doing full body workouts like this than just doing slow burn exercises like walking (if you are able!)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Love workouts that don't require equipment so can do at home!
    Did 6 rounds, total 44 minutes, 420 calories. Did V-ups instead of tummy tucks.

For those of you just starting to exercise, this was a hard workout so don't be discouraged!! You will get better results, IMO, doing full body workouts like this than just doing slow burn exercises like walking (if you are able!)

Great team player. You Rock! I did 2 rounds mainly because I had my ballet beautiful DVD waiting for me, 45 minutes. I feel my bottom burning from butt blast part 1 and part 2. Now heading to grocery store to do a 20 minute walk.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    will add this to my cardio tonight :) thank you!!!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm adding on the 10 min to my workout tonight (walk/jog). I was going to try the exercises, but I moved a bunch of books today and zinged my back. I'll try the series tomorrow morning :-)
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Back is really hurting today. Did not make it to the gym and cannot do this challenge, BUT...I will walk in place for as long as I can while watching tv.

Hopefully this won't last long. Icing it now.:sad: