Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    *looks left, looks right*

Hi, I'm KiltFuPanda, and I'm an anime fan... what, this isn't Anime Anonymous? Oh, in that case...

I'm what you call an "old school" fan. I'm from the era of if you wanted anime, you had to know a guy who had a couple VCRs and could copy a VHS for you. I used to be the sergeant-at-arms/bouncer at the local college anime club, and volunteered at a few cons in the past. Nowadays, I tend to watch sporadically due to a very rambunctious toddler (who loves Ponyo and Totoro, btw!), but I still have a considerable collection in the "man cave". Ranma, Dragon Half, Akira, KO Beast Century, the entire Ghibli collection... lots of shelf space being taken up.

I still read some manga online and watch for new series that may interest me, but I'm finding more fun now introducing my little boy to the anime world (he's even had two cosplays already) My wife is a big anime fan as well, which makes for a very fun household!
  • bntAlamer
    Options
    Hi everyone.. my name is zahraa.. I'm from Kuwait..
    Ummmm.. well I just joined here.. and I hope to have fun and get fit..

And I love anime very much.. ♥
    Ummm what else.. anyway nice to meet you all..
    And feel free to add me as your friend..  ̄ω ̄
  • donkarlitos
    donkarlitos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Anime lovers -- Good to see I'm not the only Otaku who wants to lose some weight!

Anyway, feel free to add me for motivation or anime talk anytime. I am a huge Satoshi Kon fan, so if that's your cup of tea 2 cool points for you :).
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Anime lovers -- Good to see I'm not the only Otaku who wants to lose some weight!

Anyway, feel free to add me for motivation or anime talk anytime. I am a huge Satoshi Kon fan, so if that's your cup of tea 2 cool points for you :).

Satoshi Kon's works are amazing ^^. I've watched Perfect Blue, Paprika, Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress, Patlabor and Memories. I haven't watched Tokyo Godfathers yet, but I wanted to wait until winter to watch it, hehe~ x3
  • donkarlitos
    donkarlitos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Satoshi Kon's works are amazing ^^. I've watched Perfect Blue, Paprika, Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress, Patlabor and Memories. I haven't watched Tokyo Godfathers yet, but I wanted to wait until winter to watch it, hehe~ x3

Yeppp. The first I watched Paprika I literally pulled out a notebook and wrote down everything I thought I saw happen.. then proceeded to watch it again XD. Also, the parade song was stuck in my head for like a month.

Tokyo Godfathers wont let you down btw -- its so good!
  • queenie104ama
    Options
    My names Alyshia Im recomitting to MFP and sortive new to anime/manga love it. fav series so far furuba or Ohran host club.. but i guess its a three way b/c I also just finished Inuyasha and it was great.
    Right now Im going through Vampire Knight, inu x boku ss, and Bride of the Water god (manga).

Dont hesitate to add me and suggest new series to check out
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I dunno if this group is active anymore but, HI.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I dunno if this group is active anymore but, HI.
    I guess everyone's too busy watching anime and going to cons. idk. XD
  • CinnamonKai
    Options
    Yeah, maybe. lol. I am currently watching "Tonari no Kaibutsukun"; "Magi" and "Sword Art Online"; how about you? And anyone else who wants to join in. :D
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Finished Sword Art Online and Sukitte Ii Na Ya. Watching Code Breaker, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, Psycho Pass, and Robitics Notes. Pyscho Pass is my favorite of the Fall season.
  • CinnamonKai
    Options
    I finished "Sword Art Online" as well! In my opinion, the first season was perfect the way it was... the second season felt like a drag, but overall it was a decent anime. :3
  • Emabo12
    Emabo12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! My name is Emily, and it's nice to find an anime group on here! My favorites are Honey and Clover, Eden of the East, Clannad (of course), Myself; Yourself, and Trinity Blood. I am currently watch Bokura ga Ita, but I don't find myself enjoying it too much.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily!

Well, I glanced at the winter lineup and there isn't anything that grabs my interest. This fall season was kind of dull with the exception of Magi and Psycho Pass and was hoping the winter series would be better...
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So I love anime. In college I was the VP of our anime club for a year, I have gone to Anime Weekend Atlanta for the past 5 years, and have been watching anime since I was a little girl obsessed with DBZ and Sailor Moon. Also my favorite anime is Death Note.
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, avid anime lover. Bleach use to be my favorite anime up until the fight with the Quincy started & Ichigo found out 1 more thing he is. I'm so done with the manga and show now. Didn't want to put too many spoilers in case someone wanted to read it. It should have ended with Aizen. I read and watch a lot of manga and anime. (my former username for everything was nycanimechick:))Toshi
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    Hello all! I was looking for a group to join and saw this. Perfect for me! I barely watch normal TV but I watch anime everyday. I will be thrilled to meet all of you. ^_^

Yoroshiku Onigaishimasu~
  • TopHatViolet
    Options
    *A* Ive been on this site for awhile and never thought to look at the groups function until today. I'm so happy to find a group like this.
    I've from the TN area and my favorite anime/related things right now are Hetalia, Homestuck, Black Butler, Madoka Magica, older stuff I like is YYH and DBZ. I'm currently aiming to cosplay Rosette from Chrono Crusade in a few months.
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I joined this website about a week ago and decided last night to start looking through the groups. I am 33 years old, and from the Seattle area of Washington. My very first anime was probably one of the worst ones to start with due to its "what the hell just happened?" factor - Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Some of the titles I've watched include: Ah! My Goddess, Baka & Test, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Darker than Black, Demon King Daimao, Elfen Lied, Love Hina, Strawberry Panic, Princess Princess, Fruits Basket, Azumanga Daioh, Pani Pony Dash, Fullmetal Alchemist, Vampire Hunter D, Kaze No Stigma, Ouran High School Host Club, Rosario + Vampire, Soul Eater, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, xxxHolic, Spice and Wolf, Angelic Layer, The Sacred Blacksmith, Girls Bravo, The Last Airbender, Black Butler, Death Note, Chobits, Shuffle!, Sekirei, School Rumble, Negima!? Magister Negi Magi, Moeyo Ken, El Cazador de la Bruja, Mahoraba: Heartful Days, Fairy Tail, Nichijou, Ranma 1/2.

If there's any series I just "gotta see!" based on the kind you see on this list feel free to give me a poke. I'm always up for watching more!
  • mippa
    mippa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hiyas Hiyas! I'm Mippa, a long-time anime fan also with an on-again-off-again love affair with fitness. I don't even know where to start...I am a giant shoujo/josei fan. I'm a fan of lists so I'll give my current top five:

TOP FIVE ANIME:
    1. NANA
    2. Hana Yori Dango
    3. Honey and Clover
    4. Yes! Precure 5
    5. Black Jack

TOP FIVE MANGA:
    1. Kamisama Kiss
    2. NANA
    3. Peach Girl
    4. Girl Friends
    5. Chi's Sweet Home

TOP FIVE GAMES:
    1. Hakuouki
    2. Hiiro no Kakera
    3. Dandelion~Wishes Brought To You~ (Korean)
    4. Mass Effect
    5. Dragon Age

TOP FIVE JPOP BANDS:
    1. Spitz
    2. Remioromen
    3. The Brilliant Green
    4. Suemitsu and the SUEMITH
    5. Angela Aki

I also love The Biggest Loser, The Walking Dead, Billy Joel, Downton Abbey...and CATS! I'm a professional kitten feeder by night, network ops for AT&T and LUSH SA by day! ;) I'm a super girly-girl but I like things for boys too! Nice to meet you all!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Monet. fell in love with anime watching Sailor moon as a child then cowboy Bebop won me over. But i joined MFP a few months ago and i'm glas i found a group of awesometastic supporters. yays. Add me as a friend if you wish so we can incourage eachother and chat about anime and all things Otaku.