Saturday - Hobbies

Options

Replies

• valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hobbies, I've had a few over the years, reading and going to movies and the theatre/concerts were the constant ones. Reading, when I can grab a few moments of peace is still my go to, I got a Kobo mini for Christmas and have downloaded a pile of classics for free that I have read and want to reread or have never gotten around to reading in the past, looking forward to digging into them. I also enjoy knitting, crocheting and cooking. And the internet takes up some time as well now, mfp, fb and of course pinterest.

But my all time favourite hobby is Traveling - Before kids I went to Britain, and Europe once, almost every year for about 11 or 12 years, at least 10 times. I love Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England and adored Greece. Since kids we have stayed closer to home but this year, in 4 weeks or so, we are taking our teens 14&16 to Universal Studios in Orlando. They have never been to the States and we have never been to Florida so we are looking forward to it!!
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well, I love to read. And hanging out with my little boy is pretty much what I normally do with my spare time. He keeps me pretty busy!
  • kelcity
    kelcity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hobbies? What are those? Haha! I really haven't taken much me time in the past 6 months. I'm determined to carve out more time for interests. I like reading, listening to music, going to the movies, shopping, going to concerts, trying new recipes, lesson planning, and visiting new places. I wish exercise could become a hobby! Maybe one day...
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Couponing
    Cooking
    Cleaning
    Reading
    Sewing
    Crosstitch (when my hands work)
    Gaming (how i got this big)
    Zombies, Run! app
    Baking
    Traveling
    Raising Chickens and pigs
    Growing an orchard and raspberry/blackberry rows
    Growing Grapes
    Gardening]
    Homeschooling
    Scrapbooking
  • maryannsaunderspreston
    Options
    I love to read!! These last couple of months I have gotten to read more than I have in a while!! I also love spending time with my hubs and two daughters (4yrs, and 3 mon). Also, I like just hanging out with my friends and having a good time. I am doing student teaching this semester, so I don't know how much hobby time I am going to have starting in a couple weeks. LOL
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My hobbies are finding new technology, kayaking when it's nice, playing games, and reading. Pretty sedentary...
  • NotSoThinMe
    Options
    I love to cook for my family, anything that makes them happy!! I'm currently in nursing school and I love to study and since I have to do so much of it, it has become a hobby of mine. I love to listen to music of all kinds as well, definitely helps me with my moods! :)
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love to do many things just not any time :( lol

Love romance novels! Jude Deveraux is my favorite!!! Cooking and trying new recipes. I love making fondant decorations (I decorate cakes) Then theres music. I love to have music in the background. Then there's 80's movies, I don't know why but I love to watch them, Tyler Perry movies are great too :) Theres so much I love to do!!! Oh, and Football!!! Love to watch football. scrapbooking seems like a thing of the past now that I have kids, absolutely no time for that. By the time I get all my crap out, my kids wake up from a nap and I have to start putting it all away hahaha!!! I could go on forever....I have so many interests just no time.
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love spending time with my family my sister had a baby 2 months ago so i love seeing him he is so cute saw him last week and he smiled. I also like watching films listening to music and i like going on facebook lol. I love cooking and have recently been reading the hunger games book which is really good.
  • charlami
    Options
    I don't really have any hobbies. This is why one of my goals this year is to take a class to learn. Right now I am researching stained glass classes in my area. I have found a few but I want to investigate the best one for me.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    reading,knitting and ice fishing
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love reading and gardening. I also enjoy movies and trying out new vegan recipes. I have been gathering much information on healthy eating, exercise and meditation so I guess that too has become a hobby. I am very interested in genealogy and spend time on Ancestry.com. And - I am a Disney freak! I go to Disneyland 2-3 times per year and have gone on the Disney Cruise and to Disney World quite a few times. I have been going to Disneyland since 1955. I was not there for opening day but my father took me soon after. (Yes - I am that old)
  • Michy737
    Michy737 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a total nerd! I enjoy writing fan fiction and enjoy playing on a Stargate RPG board.
    I also love movies and TV shows.... though just sitting on the couch watching the tube doesn't do much for the weight loss. :-)
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have WAY too many hobbies. My family always teases me about how I need to quit my job to have enough time for my hobbies. The one I am most obsessed with is knitting. I have a weekly knitting group and I can't imagine a day going by without knitting at least a little bit. I also love reading, blogging, photography, playing the ukulele, gardening, sewing, cooking, drawing and, most recently, running.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love crafting, music and searching for interests on the internet for more fun crafty ideas. Already know what the girls are getting at the office for Valentine's!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    todays hobby is to do some kind of craft...or maybe color in a coloring book
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Consider it done! My baby girl always wants to color :) I can do that
  • gavins1mimi
    gavins1mimi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to spend time is with my family! I also love to go camping and kayaking. I'm a nursing student with two semesters to go, so the camping and floating have taken a back seat.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a "crafty" person; however I have recently started to get back into photography. I bought a new camera last summer and over the holidays I took a lot of family pictures as they consider me the official family photographer. When I vacation with my friends that's also my role. I have wonderful vacation pictures that I will be able to enjoy later in life when I cannot travel...hopefully years down the road. Traveling is my favorite hobby.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in on this one. I'm working on a baby afghan for one of my daughters friends and I haven't touched it in over a week. Will work on it today, even if only for a bit.