Cycle 1 - Accelerate

Options
13»

Replies

• LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just checking in... this is Day 7 for me! Glad to see all of you are doing well! Looking forward to seeing what my weight will be in the morning.

I saw somewhere that the low calories for the first 17 days is ok since what you're eating should be nutrient-dense. Make sure you're eating lots of veggies though. I know mine have been low. I still don't have much of appetite, but I am feeling better.

Debbie- I've never heard anyone say that's the part they love about Coke! Maybe you can close your eyes and think of coke as you sip your green tea. :wink:
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Debbie- I've never heard anyone say that's the part they love about Coke! Maybe you can close your eyes and think of coke as you sip your green tea. :wink:

That is how you know that it is a good batch!! The glass bottled Coke or a Fountain Coke with the right mix will do that! I will TRY your suggestion though!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. How do you make laughing cow chicken?
    So here are my modified days

B: kefir/protein powder/fruit shake
    L: steamed green beans, half can tuna, TBS evoo, 1 hard boiled eggs
    D: laughing cow chicken, asparagus, carrots
    D: 1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries

day 2

L: steamed green beans, half can tuna, TBS evoo, 1 hard boiled eggs
    D: baked tilapia filet, broccolli
    D:1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries

day 3

L: laughing cow chicken, green beans
    D: skinnytaste spinach & feta stuffed chicken, broccolli
    D; 1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries
    [/quote]
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle so far has been flavor. I love to cook- and I use a wide range of flavors. Most of which, to be perfectly honest, are high in butter, cream, and copious amounts of cheese.

But! Tonight I sautéed 2 chopped chicken breasts in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, with garlic and herbs. The chicken caramalized, and I suddenly felt like I was really eating again. I saved half for tomorrow, and I'm finally not hungry after dinner!

I'm posting this to encourage all of us not to give up on flavor- it makes a world of difference!
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It just takes time to realize you can do w/o processed food and get use to eating real whole foods!
  • LeslieMartina
    Options
    Today I did curry chicken. I made the sauce by adding curry powder and plain greek yogurt. Pretty good. :)
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ughh so I went off plan today :(

Breakfast started out well as I had 2 eggs, yogurt, & half a grapefruit. But Sunday's are my busiest days because I'm at church all day & have meetings & whatnot afterwards, and it's hard to pack food with me. So for dinner I had a Korean noodle dish, which isn't the healthiest. Since I only ate half of it, I'm not beating myself too much over it.

Also, my calories have been extremely low this past week because of C1, so I'm sure it didn't hurt too much to get some extra calories in. I will definitely be getting back on track tomorrow!
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump in and join you if I may. Yesterday was my day one--so far so good. I may have to modify a bit too for calories burned as I am working out with family members whonaren't doing the diet and I want to be supportive. Love all the ideas! Hope to have some to share soon too.

Good luck all and have an excellent day!

-Julie
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Welcom Julie and jump right in! I am only on Day 5 so you are not far behind! You will love the results!! :smile:
  • mmancini73
    Options
    Today is my day 1, and I feel like I might float away! Will I eventually adjust to drinking all of this water and tea? Craving some carbs right now, but I know if will subside in a couple of days (right?).
  • slimhooper
    slimhooper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi - this is day 3 for me. I'm doing ok. It had been eye opening for me because I had no idea how much mindless eating was doing before this diet. I find myself saying you can't have that or that. It's usually good off my kids plates or a quick snack. Now I'm content with the good I'm allowed to eat and love love love sugarless jam - taste like jello mixed in my yogurt: )
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm on day 6.
    So far so good. The only thing is my calories are staying really low even though I feel like I eat a lot. Does anyone else have this issue? I want to eat more calories but still stay on the plan....
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Day 1...starting the program. Right now feeling hungry but bloated with water and tea :)
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I decided that I'm not going to log calories on cycles 1 & 2 like I normally would. I too think I'd feel uncomfortable with not eating enough calories and seeing the little starvation mode message. I am doing 30DS as my workouts (it's way too cold to walk outside and I know I will not be able to refrain from running on treadmill at gym). I'm not wearing my HRM and logging calories burned during the first two cycles as well. I am usually not happy unless I burn at least 500 calories per workout and there is NO way I can workout like that during first two cycles.
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Today is my day 1, and I feel like I might float away! Will I eventually adjust to drinking all of this water and tea? Craving some carbs right now, but I know if will subside in a couple of days (right?).

Yes, your body will adjust. When you don't drink enough water, your body hangs onto it. When you dirnk enough, you are helping get rid of the yuckies in your blood from losing fat. Your body will soon adjust. I drink at least 9 - 10 glasses of water a day plus the lemon juice in the a.m. and the two teas, so the equivalent of 12-13 glasses a day.

I go to the bathrrom less drinking all of that.

Also, the carb cravings will disipate. Soon you will be wondering why those nasty little carbs had so much hold over you! YOu can do it! Just stick to the plan. When you see the weight falling off, you will say "this is easy!".
  • mmancini73
    Options
    Thank you...I SO needed this tonight! I'm having trouble with the carbs. I'll stick with it though, I know I will be glad I did later in the week.
  • ejosbourn
    ejosbourn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just started Day 1 today too...and I'm hungry! But consciously going to stop eating for today.... I really am craving something sweet or carb loaded! Like potato chips!!

Hopefully Day 2 will be better! :smile:
  • LeslieMartina
    Options
    Hi All! Since it's after midnight, I'm technically on day 11. So glad to just have one week of this. Yesterday I ate a LOT and had some extra fruit late. I was up a lb this morning. Overall, I'm still doing good though. I haven't been logging calories, and I don't plan to do so for these first 2 cycles either. With such limited carbs, I'm really not that worried about going over calories. I still haven't been working out. I planned to add that back in this week, but I haven't been motivated to do so yet. Maybe tomorrow. :smile:
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm on day 6 today and have really felt a renewed sense of motivation today. I've eaten well got in all my water and 2 glasses of green tea. I made buffalo chicken tenders for dinner tonight with a yogurt blue cheese dressing (for 35 calories per 2 tablespoons!) and it was quite good! It's nice to find food that doesn't taste boring while our food choices are so limited.

I hope everyone is doing well and is making it through the first 17 days!
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Back on track fro two days now after being derailed Monday. All is good! Been really busy and have not had time to get in here as much I would like to see everyone's progress.

But know that I am cheering each and every one of you on! We can ALL do this! We can be healthy!