Challenge 1- No sweets/sugars

Options

Replies

• aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I sell homemade chocolates, so at the end i sometimes mindlessly lick my finger or the spoon, will try to remember. I anyway wanted to kick the habit so this will be good.

I'm in!!!
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I will not say I will try; I will say I will do. :) No processed sugar or sweets. Oh and I know my pregnant friend at work brought some of her shower cake! Nope won't touch it...it's chocolate cake and I don't even like chocolate cake..I'm one of those weird people that prefer yellow cake ;) So no excuses! I will also drink a glass of water when tempted by sugar. Done. Check!
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. wow this is going to be a tough one.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OK I guess I can do that. How does that work with coffee though cause I can't do black coffee.

I vote stevia. I use Stevia in the Raw because it doesn't have the minty flavor with it, but that could be good in coffee I think.
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    great idea! i'm in :]
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    sounds easy enough.. I dont drink soda, and i already turned down a donut today lol... SWEEET im doing good lol
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yes! Time to beat
    the chocolate monster!
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am excited about this challenge! i have loads of cookies in my pantry, that I know if I can resist them this week, I can do anything!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well just read the challenge.....and I had brown sugar on my oatmeal this am. I will try the rest of the week.
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am 7 days without my addiction...Diet Coke. When I say addictiion, the joke has always been, take a blood sample, it will be diet coke. ANYWHOOOO>... I have been up since 2 this morning unable to sleep, and this little challenge of no sugar is the ONLY thing that kept me with my no diet coke New Years Resolution.... So thank you I guess? ( you might have to check my desk later to see if I am snoring!!) :)
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So day 1 behind me but I just realize my yogurt and musli had sugar :(
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am 7 days without my addiction...Diet Coke. When I say addictiion, the joke has always been, take a blood sample, it will be diet coke. ANYWHOOOO>... I have been up since 2 this morning unable to sleep, and this little challenge of no sugar is the ONLY thing that kept me with my no diet coke New Years Resolution.... So thank you I guess? ( you might have to check my desk later to see if I am snoring!!) :)

lol!! I'm sure you will do quite fine and not fall asleep at your desk

I think some people might be a bit confused and my apologies if you are - you can definitely eat food with naturally formed sugar in it - milk, fruit, veggies etc are definitely okay. What we're trying to do is cut back and limit on foods with added sugar/processed sugars... so no chocolate chip cookies, ice creams, white/brown sugar added to teas (artificial sweeteners are allowed) etc.
  • TreiSam
    Options
    I'm in I haven't been using sugar for quite some time, I barely use stevia so I'll stay away from my plain Greek yogurt for the week, but I think the naturally occurring sugars in fruit should b fine for the challenge.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've made it through Monday!! Whoot-whoot!! You know what? I never realised just how many sweet shops and bakeries there are between the bus stop and my house!! (mind you, I have to pass through a mall to get home).
    Found that I didn't even craze anything sweet today not even when my husband sat infront of me and ate two jello pudding cups after I told him that I wasn't going to touch them :grumble: - ah well, I guess that they're no longer in the fridge to tease me.
    So how are you guys going today? Ready to tell the sugar demons to go to h%ll? :devil:

Bravo!!! Good Job
    am trying too:bigsmile:
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got my ice cream in last week and chocolate oatmeal. I'm all good.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Today went pretty welll...... I forgot about Gum though and chewed for a few minutes, but threw it out as soon as i realised lol. But thank GOD we can have fruits....:) All the best tomorrow everyone!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This is a tough one for me...
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did good. I usually have a chocolate mini each day at work, but when it came that time, I had grapefruit instead! Was tough. I asked the ladies who hold the chocolate to help me out this week and not let me get it even if I beg!!! :laugh:

ETA: OH NO!!! I just realized! Today, one of my snacks was: Quaker Oatmeal: Lower Sugar Apple & Cinnamon YIKES!!! So I guess I didn't do as good as I thought?!? is there added sugar in this? Everything else on my menu is natural sugars, I think. The only other questionable item is the protein powder has 3 grams. UGH... OH NO... Also, the salad dressing I had: Balsamic Vinaigrette has 3 grams of sugar ~ Double UGH!

I guess I didn't do as good as I thought!
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Someone just stopped by my desk and offered me some jam drop cookies. I gave them the evil eye in my mind and politely declined.
    Anyone else dealing with annoying coworkers/friends/family trying to tempt you? lol

Good grief!! Just went into the kitchen here to wash my nectarine for morning tea and there's a different plate of biscuits right on the counter with a big old sign 'please take a biscuit'!! Grrrr!!!! Where were all these free biscuits last week when I wasn't minding what I eat? :huh: