What was your postpartum (early) weight-loss like?

Replies

• Hi, I hope my post doesn't get buried. I'm 7 months pp and still losing weight without trying. Every couple of months I drop 5 lbs. We are all different, it will come off. Don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy the new baby =)
  • Me too!! I lost 25 pounds in two weeks, put about 10 pounds back on since then, and cannot seem to lose it. I am really buckling down now to lose this baby weight.
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    I lost 17 pounds just 24hrs after my baby boy was born, but he weighed a whopping 10pounds!! Im currently 3 days pp and haven't list anymore yet but my milk has just come in and my uterus is still a very impressive pouch! I'm hoping that over the next 2 weeks I will lose another 7 pounds, but then I think the remaining that I gained was all fat! and i gained just over 60pounds!! I have such a long way to go, but I'll get there, slowly slowly :-)
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    I gained 45lbs during my pregnancy and within the first 2 weeks i lost 25 of it...still have 20 to lose but havent been cleared for exercise yet, hopefully wednesday i will be!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    I gained 20 lbs. When I came home from the hospital I was only 4 lbs down (even though my son was 7 lbs 5 oz). Now it is 2 1/2 weeks later and I have dropped 17 lbs.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    I had c-sections with all of my kids. Youngest (4th) is 15 months old. I remember that I weighed more the day I left the hospital the day I came in, even though he weighed 8 lbs. I am sure it was from retaining water during the surgery (not sure if that happens as much with a vag delivery). I don't remember how much I had lost in the first three weeks but it was probably right around what you have lost or less. With each baby I lost all but 5lbs of my pregnancy weight by at least 5 months post partum. The hardest part was keeping it off, especially when I stopped nursing (or they started eating more solids).

I think you are doing well!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    I should add that with my first I gained 55 lbs, second 45, third and fourth about 30 lbs. I currently weigh 10 less than when I got pregnant with my fourth, but need to lose the 20 that I gained along the way. :(
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    height 5'2
    pre prenancy weight 120
    9 months pregnancy weight 155 (so 35 gained)
    6 weeks pp weight 135
    and the scale didnt move at all till 12 weeks until i decided to order insanity by shaun t.
    im now 4 months and 2 weeks pp and back to my pre pregnancy weight which is 120..
    but not stopping there coz my goal weight is 108 to 105..
    oh and i'm some breasfeeding too and this is my 3rd child so hopefully by that weight im achieving will result my tummy pouch into a nice killin abs by summer :happy:
    goodluck to our journey.. :bigsmile:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    5'5"
    First Baby - C-section - 8 lbs 5oz
    147 lbs Pre-preg
    199 lbs at delivery :noway:

8 months later 168lbs :grumble:

I dropped 25 lbs in the first month and in 7 months I have only lost 6 lbs with breastfeeding! Can you tell I'm a little frustrated?
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    I'm now down 27 pounds and I'm 10 days pp, but I think that's all my water weight lost, which means I have 30 pounds of good solid flab to lose ;-) grrrrr to all those burgers ans chips I ate throughout!! It's going to be so difficult not to get impatient with it, especially after such a hefty weight loss in my first 2 weeks!! but I shall get there slowly slowly!!
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    I am SO GLAD there are other women on here that gained weight after they had their baby. I thought something was wrong with me.:huh:

I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight, and jeans, about six weeks after I had the baby. However, by the time I was heading back to work at 12 weeks pp, I had gained 11 lbs (that was between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but still). I wasn't going crazy with food and was going for walks with the baby, so I really don't know what that was about, except that I weaned him at 8 weeks pp so maybe that is it?

I just had my third. The only time I ever got below my pre-pregnancy weight was after the first baby. Never saw it with the second and I hope to God I lose it all, and tons more, with the third:happy:
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    My early loss l far:
    2 days pp: -10 lb
    1 week pp: -6 lb(-16 lb total)
    2 week pp: -3 lb(-19 lb total)
    3 week pp:-1lb(-20 lb total)

This week I only experienced 1 loss, which corresponds to my calorie deficit based on my odymedia/MFP . This means the easy pp loss is done , anything left is pure fat, and need to work on it at the hard way creating calorie deficit . I gained 60 lb with the pregnancy, which means I gained 40 lb pure fat, and it will take me 40 weeks to lose it. I ' ll go back to school around the time my dd will be 9-10 months, so my goal is to lose the chub by then.

Well ,it took me 9 months to gain it, it will take me 9 months to lose it. I am totally ok with that.
    The problem I need to lose an another 20-25 lb on top of that. I guess that is my goal for my girl first birthday.
  • I put on 90 pounds during my pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia and severe oedema. Within 6 weeks of giving birth after being induced early I lost 40lbs. I had to express milk due to a lot of problems we had. But I did that up until a few weeks ago. Now that I've stopped I'm losing weight more slowly. I have lost 30lbs since 6 weeks pp and my son is now 5.5 months old. Getting there slowly!
  • My son was 10 lbs, and I gained 49 total. Today marks 2 months PP, and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight!!
  • mmmnhmr
    mmmnhmr Posts: 22
    I gained 30 and lost 10 in the first 2 weeks (ds was small at 6lbs), then didn't lose anything for months. Started losing once joined MFP. DS is now 7.5 months and I have 7lbs to go. My goal is to be back at pre-pregnancy when DS is 9months. Took that long to put it on so I figure that's a good goal. Regardless its tough to lose weight with a new baby!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    I'm 6 days pp and so far lost 14lbs. I gained 34. I assume my weight will stabilize soon cause my appetite is increasing.
    My pre pregnancy weight was 124 and I was 158 day I delivered.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    With my first son, whom I nursed for 16 months, I really didn't lose any weight at all until we stopped nursing, which was truthfully quite depressing.

I now have a five month old and am finding the same to be true.
  • Ugh...I lost almost 20 pounds by three weeks but now I've gained 9 of those back so I am about 40 pounds from being at pre-baby weight! It's hard enough finding time to exercise when I feel like I am nursing nonstop! LO is 6 months and I feel like a fat lazy slob because I see other moms who've lost their weight (granted they aren't nursing)... I guess I need to stop comparing myself to others?
  • With my first son, whom I nursed for 16 months, I really didn't lose any weight at all until we stopped nursing, which was truthfully quite depressing.

I now have a five month old and am finding the same to be true.

Well this makes me feel better. It is truly so difficult to lose weight without having the milk supply drop!