how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Seeing so many women upset about their weight gain here, none of which is excessive BTW, makes me sad.

For those who are upset about lbs on the scale, please read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/828923-liz-s-psa-about-pregnancy-weight

You guys are all doing so great! Don't be discouraged!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel fine about my weightgain, I know that I am fit, strong, healthy and perfectly capable of birthing this baby. Unfortunately the good ole BMI strikes again, meaning I am a "risk" apparently... despite having perfect health generally and a perfect pregnancy so far... WAAAAHHHHHHHH
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Personally I feel fine about my weightgain, I know that I am fit, strong, healthy and perfectly capable of birthing this baby. Unfortunately the good ole BMI strikes again, meaning I am a "risk" apparently... despite having perfect health generally and a perfect pregnancy so far... WAAAAHHHHHHHH

I'm not sure BMI even really applies to pregnancy or are you referring to pre-baby BMI?
  • Nataliaho
    Options

I'm not sure BMI even really applies to pregnancy or are you referring to pre-baby BMI?

Well it shouldn't, but there is a rule at my hospital (its low intervention) that says if my current BMI is over a certain number I will need to be independantly assessed as to the safety of me birthing there. I know I'll be fine because the assessment looks at my health holistically and they can't just base it on BMI. It's not like other women have to do fitness or strength tests... oh well. It's just so frustrating when you have such absolute faith in your physical ability to do this, but you need to jump hurdles that others don't have to...
  • VelociMama
    Options

Well it shouldn't, but there is a rule at my hospital (its low intervention) that says if my current BMI is over a certain number I will need to be independantly assessed as to the safety of me birthing there. I know I'll be fine because the assessment looks at my health holistically and they can't just base it on BMI. It's not like other women have to do fitness or strength tests... oh well. It's just so frustrating when you have such absolute faith in your physical ability to do this, but you need to jump hurdles that others don't have to...

I'm delivering at a birthing center (low intervention also), and they don't do anything like that.

I'm sorry you have to go through that. That is really irritating.
  • Nataliaho
    Options

I'm delivering at a birthing center (low intervention also), and they don't do anything like that.

I'm sorry you have to go through that. That is really irritating.

Yeah, it's weird, no one I know has heard of it either...
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    23 weeks, and I've gained 10 lbs. Doesn't seem like a lot... is there anyone else who is short, started at a healthy weight, and has gained a similar amount in that amount of time?

not alot at all! you're doing great!

Thanks, I was just wondering if it was enough since my recommended gain is 25-35 lbs for the entire pregnancy. I am over halfway and haven't even gained half that amount.

WIth my first pregnancy I had just put on 7lbs my first 23wks, my last 17wks I packed on 40. Lol. I didn't change my eating or anything. I wouldn't worry about not gaining the recommended as long as you are eatting healthy and not restricting. I am 5'5 and starting weight was around 124, I've put on about 34lbs and my Ob is not happy about it, she thinks I'm ggaining too much, she would love you.lol

Oh btw I'M 39 wks
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    35 pounds at 31 weeks. =(
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    WIth my first pregnancy I had just put on 7lbs my first 23wks, my last 17wks I packed on 40. Lol. I didn't change my eating or anything. I wouldn't worry about not gaining the recommended as long as you are eatting healthy and not restricting. I am 5'5 and starting weight was around 124, I've put on about 34lbs and my Ob is not happy about it, she thinks I'm ggaining too much, she would love you.lol

Oh btw I'M 39 wks

You must be counting the hours at this point! You've done amazing and you're almost there!! Hang one, rest well!
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    25 lbs at 29 weeks but at least I'm not cold like all the other ladies in my office. Baby blubber for the win?
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am at 26 weeks and I officially hit the 30 lbs. mark. :-( Gained half of my weight back that I had lost after baby #1. So depressing! I was being bad about tracking and exercising, but I am back to tracking today.
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 weeks and I've gained 30 :-( but now I have to work to maintain for the remainder of my pregnancy. I've lost 100 pounds before So I'm hoping as soon as my son is born my husband will help give me the support so I can take 30 minutes a day to work out To lose my weight again.
  • snowgrrl83
    Options
    Here we go again with the weekly weigh-in.

At at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs
    34 weeks + 25lbs
    35 weeks + 25.5 lbs
    36 weeks + 26.5 lbs

Still on track, I think I might hit the 30lbs mark at 40 weeks which would be pretty good.
  • VelociMama
    Options

At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs
    34 weeks + 25lbs
    35 weeks + 25.5 lbs
    36 weeks + 26.5 lbs

Still on track, I think I might hit the 30lbs mark at 40 weeks which would be pretty good.

You are doing amazing!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This is nice to see the flucuations since I'm up 8 pounds at 15 weeks and according to these silly pregnancy weight gain calculators I'm over my limit.
  • snowgrrl83
    Options
    This is nice to see the flucuations since I'm up 8 pounds at 15 weeks and according to these silly pregnancy weight gain calculators I'm over my limit.

Yes, not sure why (I think it was purely due to hormonal changes and thus water retention), but my weight was jumping like crazy in the first half of my pregnancy.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Im at 20 pounds at 20 weeks
  • VelociMama
    Options

Yes, not sure why (I think it was purely due to hormonal changes and thus water retention), but my weight was jumping like crazy in the first half of my pregnancy.

Mine did the same.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    And the weird thing is, I didn't start gaining any weight until about 12-13 weeks so for it to jump like that in a couple weeks is just so against everything we've ever learned!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs
    25 weeks + 17.5 lbs
    26 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    27 weeks + 21 lbs
    28 weeks + 21 lbs
    29 weeks + 22 lbs
    30 weeks + 22 lbs
    31 weeks + 24 lbs
    32 weeks + 24 lbs
    33 weeks + 23 lbs
    34 weeks + 25lbs
    35 weeks + 25.5 lbs
    36 weeks + 26.5 lbs

Great! :smile: