January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 4.
    Binge - 7.

Managed to hang on for last 3 days, in spite of serious cravings for sugar (period due anyday).
    Ate a lot before bed, but I didn't feel in binge mode. I will just eat lighter tomorrow.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    January 10 2013

Colleen - 9
    The Binge- 1
    Days finished logging- 9

It really does get easier! Worried about the weeked, though. I need to find something else to treat myself at the end of a long week besides food and an entire bottle of wine (Yep, that has been known to happen :ohwell: ). Everyone's progress has inspired me to keep going.

All the best this weekend, everyone! :flowerforyou:

Try renting/watching/buying a good tv show or a movie, or go to the cinema/movie theatre to see a film maybe...seem to be a lot of new films right now. Alternatively, if you like reading, treat yourself to a new book.
    I personally want to go see Les Miserables, but got to hold on until Wednesday when I get my money in. :/
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    January 10 2013

Jen - 10
    The Binge- 0
    Days finished logging- 10
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-11-13
    Jul: 10
    Binge: 1
    I am not disheartened. It was probably 800 cals and I'm still okay for today. I will not let this bring me down. I worked out afterwards and drank green tea I did not throw the whole day away. Tomorrow I will get back to my streak.
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    JAN 11

ME 6
    BINGE 5

STILL PRAYING I CAN HOLD IT TOGETHER. I'M BACK IN THE LEAD, YAY!
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jan 11

Lisa -- 9
    Binge -- 2

A good day.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    I think I forgot to log in this thread yesterday but I didn't binge. :)

Michelle - 11
    Binge - 0
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 7
    The Binge - 4

Logging days - 6 / 31
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jan 11

Suzanne--10
    Binge--1
    Logging Days--11/31

Getting close to 2 weeks!! :bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 9

The Binge - 2 (5th, 6th)

Log it all: 11 / 31
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/11/12

Rachael - 11
    The Binge - 0
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 11
    Binge 0

I am aiming for another binge-free weekend. This is the longest I haven't binged since this summer. It has been about 16 days. For some reason, I feel really good and not thinking about bingeing. I am very focused on my upcoming trip in a few more weeks and got my eye on the prize :-) I also am liking this feeling, I am not walking around bloated and disgusted with myself. First time in a long time! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 10 2013

Colleen - 9
    The Binge- 1
    Days finished logging- 9

It really does get easier! Worried about the weeked, though. I need to find something else to treat myself at the end of a long week besides food and an entire bottle of wine (Yep, that has been known to happen :ohwell: ). Everyone's progress has inspired me to keep going.

All the best this weekend, everyone! :flowerforyou:

Try renting/watching/buying a good tv show or a movie, or go to the cinema/movie theatre to see a film maybe...seem to be a lot of new films right now. Alternatively, if you like reading, treat yourself to a new book.
    I personally want to go see Les Miserables, but got to hold on until Wednesday when I get my money in. :/

Thank you for the suggestions!! I should treat myself to a nice "girly" movie and get my fiance out of the house! Lol

January 11 2013

Colleen - 10
    The Binge- 1
    Days finished logging- 10

Last night I was actually too tired to stay up and eat more! I only had two glasses of wine and those made me sleeeeepy. Haha. Its pretty amazing how much one week of eating less can change things so quickly!

Today I am helping to move my sister out of her apartment (ugh). But that will be my workout. Have a great Saturday, all!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    January 11 2013:

Dani - 10

Binge - 1

less than 8 binging days is my goal!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    January 12

Greeky - 8
    Binge - 3

Didn't get a chance to check in here yesterday. Thursday was ok but I had a binge on "healthy snacks" as I call them. It wasn't terrible but I was in binge mode and have to count it as a binge. Could've been much worse but it is what it is. I may not be able to keep those in the house anymore. There are times I can controllably eat them but more times than not, I binge on them. Dammit!! :angry:

But no binges yesterday, which is awesome. The past couple of Fridays have been binge-free, but that's probaby because I had binges the day before but whatever. It didn't turn into two days of bingeing so I will look at it that way and take it as progress. Hopefully Fridays will continue to get easier!

Weighed this morning for the first time in a week....before I got on the scale, I told myself I'd be happy if it says "___". It did say that and of course somehow I was disappointed that it wasn't less. WTF. Can't I ever be happy???? But actually, looking back on my daily weight (I have the Withings scale that transfers to my phone), I realized I haven't weighed this little since December 28 so looking at it that way, I'm doing pretty well. (I was continuing to gain even after Christmas!) Soooooo, I am making progress and will continue to weigh maybe weekly, I'm not sure yet, but not every day. I can tell already that I could easily obsess over this all day. But I will not allow myself to, I am doing well and am going to let it go. It has been very freeing for me to not weigh daily. As a dear friend said to me, I allow the scale to have too much power over me. She is right, WAY too much power. I am definitely going to work on this. The scale does not define me!

I'm glad it's the weekend and I feel hopeful and confident that it can be binge-free. I want to continue to feel good, both physically and mentally, and not bingeing and not weighing seems to be a good way to do that.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    January 12th, 2013.

Me: 7

The Binge: 5 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11)
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me - 4.
    Binge - 8.

Not what I would normally call a binge but I felt unhappy and it was eating for the sake of eating rather than hunger really, more from tiredness and not going to bed when my sleeping pills kicked in. Was only a tub of cottage cheese and some greek yoghurt with honey but it has messed up the rest of my day and meant I had to workout hard to get in under goal.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    January 11 2013

Jen - 11
    The Binge- 0
    Days finished logging- 11

Great job everyone!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Diane - 7
    The Binge - 4
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 11
    Binge 0

I am aiming for another binge-free weekend. This is the longest I haven't binged since this summer. It has been about 16 days. For some reason, I feel really good and not thinking about bingeing. I am very focused on my upcoming trip in a few more weeks and got my eye on the prize :-) I also am liking this feeling, I am not walking around bloated and disgusted with myself. First time in a long time! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Wonderful, Elizabeth! So happy for you! :happy: