30 minute walk
    15 minutes walk
    30 minutes of exercise = +5

4 servings veggies +5
    2 servings fruit +3
    within budget +5
    >64oz H2O +3
    contacted 5 teammates +1

+22 and yes, I am an overachiever... the difficulty is when I have extra long days at work... today I'm on the road, in a hotel... went out and walked this evening in the freezing cold... yummy!!

And here is today...

Cardio #5 - treadmill run @ hotel in Yangzhou: 34:20... 2 miles with 3-8% inclines thruought (walk and run intervals)... C25K... had to extend the 4 minutes so I could get to 2 miles (had to slow down on those 'hills' ya know)

12345 steps taken
    22 floors climbed
    5.89 miles traveled (the 2 miles on the treadmill were part)
    3793 calories burned
    991 active score

30 minutes of exercise - +5
    3 servings veggies +5
    2 servings fruit +3
    within budget +0
    >64oz H2O +3
    contacted 5 teammates +1

Day 2 Total = +17

Could have done better, didn't need those stinkin cookies... but I liked em, didn't need the wings with the nuggets, but I liked them too.. ah, some days ya just do what ya like

Ha! I know what ya mean!!:laugh: Those cookies get me every time!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    1-encourage team mates
    3- 80 oz.water
    3- fruits
    3.5 vegetables
    5-logging and under calories
    5- exercise-40 minutes

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Perfect score alarm going off!!!:smile: Awesome job Carrie!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    O.K. I didn't do very well today. However, I did my best for the crazy schedule I had and am signed up for a new Zumba class starting tomorrow. Gosh, I hope I don't look totally crazy as I do those Zumba moves!!

1- encourage team mates
    3- lots of water
    3- fruits (was sneaky and put them all in my protein smoothie)
    0- I stunk with the veggies today.
    5- logging and under cals
    0- no intentional exercise :sad:

total- 12

Tomorrow I am going to make the perfect score alarm go off!!!
  • pmhandlo11
    pmhandlo11 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I didn't do my best today but tomorrows a new day!

1-encouraged a team mate
    3 drank all the water
    0 on had on fruit
    0 zippppoo on the veggies
    5 stayed within calories
    0 no execise :(
    =9
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good evening Team Bob! I think I'm short one point today I can't remember if I encouraged a teammate today.. :(. So shout out to all my teammate.. We Rock!
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am seeing all of these Juicer replies on here. I have never used one in my life..... Are they that great? Is there a specific brand? What gives? :--)
    I have a juicer that I like. It works great to get extra fruits and veggies in. The only down side is that it is pretty costly to use as you have to go through quite a bit of produce to get your cup of juice. Mine is the Jack LaLane (not sure about that spelling) and I think it costs about $100.

I'm on a Dave Ramsey kind of budget. Guess I will settle for just eating them for now. :-(. :-)

I hear you! I have my juicer but don't use it all that often just because of the cost of produce these days. Eating them gets the job done too!

I use the Omega 8006 juicer and try to juice about 4-5x a week. It is an investment but this is a great juicer. Literally leaves the pulp super dry. I usually do a combination of three: cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, apples, and pears. I do not buy all my fruit organic except for my leafy greens.

What do you spend in a week on produce?
  • bokatok
    Options
    Good evening Team Bob! I think I'm short one point today I can't remember if I encouraged a teammate today.. :(. So shout out to all my teammate.. We Rock!

You hit me up! 1 point
  • bokatok
    Options
    1 point - Encouraging Teammate
    3 points - 64 Oz of water (logged via FitBit Website)
    3 points - Apples and Orange
    5 points - 1 serving from soup, 1 serving lettuce and 2 Veggie Servings from V-8 Juice.
    5 points - All food logged and Under Calorie Goal
    5 points - 60 Mins of Exercise (logged via FitBit Website)

Total: 22

I had an orange instead of banana and ice cream. :(
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am seeing all of these Juicer replies on here. I have never used one in my life..... Are they that great? Is there a specific brand? What gives? :--)
    I have a juicer that I like. It works great to get extra fruits and veggies in. The only down side is that it is pretty costly to use as you have to go through quite a bit of produce to get your cup of juice. Mine is the Jack LaLane (not sure about that spelling) and I think it costs about $100.

I'm on a Dave Ramsey kind of budget. Guess I will settle for just eating them for now. :-(. :-)

I hear you! I have my juicer but don't use it all that often just because of the cost of produce these days. Eating them gets the job done too!

I use the Omega 8006 juicer and try to juice about 4-5x a week. It is an investment but this is a great juicer. Literally leaves the pulp super dry. I usually do a combination of three: cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, apples, and pears. I do not buy all my fruit organic except for my leafy greens.

Thanks for sharing that info. I am not familiar with that juicer. Have you ever tried the juicer recipe from that show "Fat, sick and nearly dead"? You can find it online. I tried it and it was sooooo gross,:huh: but I think I used too much ginger. I might try it again as it is very healthy.

I have not tried that recipe but did see the documentary. Careful with that ginger LOL! I stick to a simple combination of 2 parts veggie 1 part fruit. Another great recipe is the Glowing Green Smoothie, all veggies and fruits are blended whole. Check it out http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/. This makes a huge batch, so I divide it in half.

I am going to have to give that a try! Good info!

I drink mean green juice from the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead movie almost every day . Yes, just watch the ginger. I tend to like more than most, but my family wont't drink it if I put as much as I like in. I have a Breville juicer, but it was expensive. I think that it was $450, but I use it every day. I do make lots of extra juice and store it in air tight mason jars for up to 48 hours. Makes meal planning super easy.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Possibly a silly question. Do beans and potatoes (sweet or white) count as veggies? I generally roll them up as proteins/starches. Just curious.
  • Raregreeneyes
    Raregreeneyes Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1 cheering on a teammate

5 logging food

I am just now starting :( my son and husband have been in the hospital and we have all been also battling the flu. SOOOO with that being said :) I am now ready to buckle down and get this going :)
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Day 3

No exercise
    H2O - 72oz
    B- 1 fruit
    L - 2 veggie1 fruit
    D - 1 veggie
    S - 1 fruit

H2O 3 F 3 V 5 = +11 (22+19+11=52)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I didn't do my best today but tomorrows a new day!

1-encouraged a team mate
    3 drank all the water
    0 on had on fruit
    0 zippppoo on the veggies
    5 stayed within calories
    0 no execise :(
    =9

I am yet to have a perfect score for the day too. Not to worry, like you said it is a new day!! You are still rocking this challenge!
  • 6mimi
    Options

You did encourage a team mate. "Whoop Whoop! " Perfect score alarm going off at Team Bobs. Way to go! :happy:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    1 point - Encouraging Teammate
    3 points - 64 Oz of water (logged via FitBit Website)
    3 points - Apples and Orange
    5 points - 1 serving from soup, 1 serving lettuce and 2 Veggie Servings from V-8 Juice.
    5 points - All food logged and Under Calorie Goal
    5 points - 60 Mins of Exercise (logged via FitBit Website)

Total: 22

I had an orange instead of banana and ice cream. :(

"Whoop Whoop"!! Perfect score alarm!!:tongue: You have really stepped up to the challenge! Awesome job!
  • 6mimi
    Options

Thanks for sharing that info. I am not familiar with that juicer. Have you ever tried the juicer recipe from that show "Fat, sick and nearly dead"? You can find it online. I tried it and it was sooooo gross,:huh: but I think I used too much ginger. I might try it again as it is very healthy.

I have not tried that recipe but did see the documentary. Careful with that ginger LOL! I stick to a simple combination of 2 parts veggie 1 part fruit. Another great recipe is the Glowing Green Smoothie, all veggies and fruits are blended whole. Check it out http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/. This makes a huge batch, so I divide it in half.

I am going to have to give that a try! Good info!

I drink mean green juice from the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead movie almost every day . Yes, just watch the ginger. I tend to like more than most, but my family wont't drink it if I put as much as I like in. I have a Breville juicer, but it was expensive. I think that it was $450, but I use it every day. I do make lots of extra juice and store it in air tight mason jars for up to 48 hours. Makes meal planning super easy.

That's a great idea about storing the juice in the mason jars. I'm going to have to try that. Sometimes I don't have the time to make it fresh every time and that would really help. Thanks for the great tip! I am also going to try that recipe again.. with less ginger this time.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Possibly a silly question. Do beans and potatoes (sweet or white) count as veggies? I generally roll them up as proteins/starches. Just curious.

That is not a silly question at all! In fact I really was not sure and had to google it to get some info on the subject. Potatoes are a root vegetable. They are a starchy vegetable. I say for the sake of the challenge both white and sweet potatoes count for points. Keep in mind that the sweet potatoes have more vitamins in them. The skin of the potatoes also offer a source of fiber.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    1 cheering on a teammate

5 logging food

I am just now starting :( my son and husband have been in the hospital and we have all been also battling the flu. SOOOO with that being said :) I am now ready to buckle down and get this going :)

I am so sorry to hear about your son and husband. The flu is going around here like crazy too. It is a bad year for it. I hope they get well soon. Good job on your challenge! The fact that you have still thought about your Team Bob during such a stressful time for you deserves a gold star!:heart: Long distance gold star sent your way!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Day 3

No exercise
    H2O - 72oz
    B- 1 fruit
    L - 2 veggie1 fruit
    D - 1 veggie
    S - 1 fruit

H2O 3 F 3 V 5 = +11 (22+19+11=52)

You are doing awesome! Thanks for being so consistent on participating with our challenge. I am cheering for you!