Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• cedixon0
    Options
    Jill -

I was actually going to ask if anyone had that workout. For the next few weeks I have access to a class at my local gym, but we are moving at the beginning of March and my gym will be changing - and they don't have any early morning classes that I will be able to attend. Since we'll have a bigger place, I was thinking of setting up a "workout room" and just getting some DVD's to take the place of my "TNT - Tighten and Tone" class, but I didn't know if these DVD's were more cardio or total body w/ weights kind of thing. Do the videos use weights at all? I get my cardio doing elliptical, etc, but am really looking for something for strength/toning. Any advice would be much appreciated!
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group on my lunch hour after lawyerette messaged me. I think this is the team I'm supposed to be on for a September 28th wedding. I am 5'10" and my weight on 1/6 was 194.8 for the competition.

As info, through my company I get to meet with a "wellness coach" (she's a dietician) every two weeks to discuss my progress/goals and am also in a weight loss challenge through work at the same time so if anyone has any dietician questions let me know and I will ask for you. I just met with her this morning so it won't be for another two weeks.
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am from England, but I live in Paris and I am getting married in Scotland on September 7th. I'm just under 5 feet tall and weigh 244lbs. I started doing MFP last year and lost almost 14lbs and then for some stupid reason I gave up. Now I have gained all of that weight again, and to seriously kick myself in the butt I ordered my dress 3-4 sizes smaller than I am now which was either very ambitious and making a serious commitment or seriously stupid and expensive if I fail!!!
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to introduce myself to the team.

I'm Lori. Getting married New Year's Eve and super excited. I hope to take control of my bingeing this year and be a healthy bride. I tend to restrict my calories too much and then binge because I'm starving. So my goal is really to try to have a healthy diet and relationship with food.

Hoping to lose 20 lbs but will be happy with 15. I have almost a year so slow and steady

Chat with everyone soon!
  • thefitcompanion
    thefitcompanion Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Boo.

My "breakfast" this evening put me over my calorie intake for the day by almost 200. I was barely awake and the fiance didn't want to cook, so he picked up Five Guys. Now it's all water until 3 AM. (Instead of counting calories from being awake to being asleep, I count midnight to midnight given I pull 30 hour days between shifts at the hospital sometimes.)

Granted, the water part isn't bad; I'm just disappointed in the fact I didn't bother to choose something healthier. Tomorrow starts a new day, though, so I won't beat myself up about it - too much. At least at work I will have access to a salad bar and, depending on the delivery for today, potentially fresh fruit. Can't wait to have my banana!

How did everyone else do today?
  • denisek80
    Options
    Morning Team Iris - Just thought I'd share my loss with you this week. 4lbs off - woop woop!! That's the 3lb gain from christmas and another for good luck!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Great job Denise! You should be so proud!!!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    @thefitcompany - sorry you had a bad night(?). But it happens to all of us. Pick yourself back up and enjoy that banana!
  • lomins
    Options
    Yay Denise! Keep it up!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! almost through week 1! How is everyone doing with the challenge this week? Water is always my weak point both in terms of drinking enough and remembering to log it, but so far this week I have logged food+water everyday! Hope you all are having equal success!

Destanie
  • denisek80
    Options
    Thanks for the support and encouragement!! How are we all fairing now that the end of the 1st week is approaching?
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Week 1 is going really great. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3 lbs! I tracked all of my food, water and exercise. I'm going away this weekend and I will make sure to track everything I eat and get lots of walking in.
  • marrigot
    Options
    Good Morning Team Iris! My week is going pretty well so far. I've been lucky in that this week I get to work from home so there is only healthy food to pick from and I am way less likely to stress eat. I've been very good about logging but not so good about getting enough water. I'm going to make a concerted effort there this weekend.
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess something I really wonder about people who have lost weight, how do you maintain patience? I mean truly if you only lost .5-2lbs a week it just feels so slow for all the hard work you put in. Any advice on how to have patience and enjoy the journey rather than wishing away 6 months of your life?
  • lomins
    Options
    Happyfitgirl -

I feel you on this. I always think the same thing when I start a diet (hopefully this will be the last). I don't have any great advice, just try patience. It definitely gets easier once you lose the first 5 lbs or so and can start wearing some clothes from the back of the closet.

It seems to come on so much quicker than it takes to take off :tongue:
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    Teresa (happyfitgirl) I totally get where you are coming from. I tend to lose 0-0.5 lbs a week which seems so small especially when compared to other posts I see of people losing 1-3 lbs at a time. I recently just lost 0.5 lbs after having 4 weeks of 0 lost! But there are a couple things I do to keep my patience and keep from giving up. First off even though I have been losing small amounts it has added up! in the last 6 months I have lost a total of nearly 18 lbs! My clothes fit better and people have started to notice! So now having lost that much it has encouraged me to keep going! Another thing I do is I set mini goals outside of lbs lost too encourage myself. Such goals have been things like - setting food or exercise goals like - trying to drink 8+ glasses of water a day or trying to cook everynight of the week instead of going out. With exercise I have set goals such as increasing my 5k pace, strength...etc.. Overall I feel that reaching these smaller goals has help me keep sane and stick with it! Hope that helps!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    Hi all I made us an image to use as a background on our wt loss ticker :)

24c8tiv.jpg
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ticker Destanie!

I am losing weight agonizingly slow too. I was always heavier growing up and graduated high school weighing about 6 pounds more than I do now. I've lost 35 from my highest weight and am now the thinnest I've been as an adult. I need to lose 20-25 more to get to a healthy weight though. If I get frustrated I start weighing my self less often so that when I do weigh myself the difference will be bigger.
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Thanks for the ticker!

I usually lose weight slowly, so I can feel your pain. This week I managed a lovely number, but generally I lose between .5 and 1.5lbs. I try to focus on the small things, as was previously mentioned by Destanie. I focus on how my clothes fit. I also try to focus on the things I am doing well, such as managing to eat more veggies so working out every day, because I know that those things alone are making me healthier.

=]
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes those gorgeous skinny clothes at the back of the closet!!! I might try to focus on the small victories, doing good on the weekends has been a big goal for me. I'm getting a lot better. I guess each weekend it will get easier. Maybe the time will pass faster the more it becomes a lifestyle rather than such a major struggle/change. Here's hoping! Good luck this week everyone!