Second Week of Lucky 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• colliegirl50
    Options
    Thank you, Marla! I shall need to check them out.
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My success for this week: I actually have a few!
    * I logged my food everyday, which really makes me think about what I am eating!
    * I increased my water intake! I always had a constant feeling of hunger because I was actually dehydrated!
    * I went to a wedding yesterday and although I over indulged I kept the dessert buffet under control. I walked past full size slices of cheese cake and other amazing goodies and went for the mini canoli and mini carrot cake cupcake. This is a HUGE success for me because dessert is my nemesis!

Tip:
    Don't beat yourself up because you didn't get a workout in or you over indulged, or you didn't log. Just get yourself back on track the next day. We are all human we are not going to be perfect everyday but the important part of this journey is to NOT GIVE UP! Don't allow one bad day to derail you to the point where you give up!

Goal for the week:
    This is my week to reintroduce regular workouts into my routine.

My celebration is going to be the great nights sleep I will get after the workouts!

Thank you SO MUCH for those inspiring words!!!! You don't know how much I appreciated them this morning. I was knocked down with a cold all weekend and this morning was just feeling, well, *blah*......so I needed your words.....to NOT GIVE UP!

Big {{hug}} to you,, Laura!

Glad they helped! I am good at sabotaging myself. I have really been working on not letting negativity get in my way, it isn't fair to let myself get off track just because I had one bad day of eating!
  • laura920
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I was trying to figure out the "quote" feature and got it all messed up!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I was trying to figure out the "quote" feature and got it all messed up!

Didn't look like you messed up anything!
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Seems like sickness is in the air all over the country! I was down and out all last week as well. I did not get much exersize, but I was able to keep my eating under control. However, the scale stayted the same :(

I also had plenty of time to think about my journey, and the people around me that influence my decisions. So, another goal I have added to my list is to truly watch and listen to the people in my life. Are they being supportive, or are their words and actions hindering my progress?

Thanks to you all for posting your goals, and the areas you are working on. I always seem to add a new one to my list as I read through your posts.

Tammi
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/680246-tdee-bmr-what-they-are-and-what-to-do-with-them

The above link is to a group that discusses BMR, TDEE and making sure you eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. It's something Im trying to figure out. I know that when I've tried to to only eat 1200 calories that I didn't lose any weight which frustrated the heck out of me because I couldn't understand how that is possible. This link helps explain all of that and it makes sense to me. Basically you need to make sure that you net your BMR after your exercise calories are burned. I just looked back on my reports for the past week and I have not been netting my BMR, I've been way under. This could be the reason why I didn't see any weight loss this last week.

I want to know if anyone else has read up on this and what your thoughts are.:happy:
  • laura920
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/680246-tdee-bmr-what-they-are-and-what-to-do-with-them

The above link is to a group that discusses BMR, TDEE and making sure you eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. It's something Im trying to figure out. I know that when I've tried to to only eat 1200 calories that I didn't lose any weight which frustrated the heck out of me because I couldn't understand how that is possible. This link helps explain all of that and it makes sense to me. Basically you need to make sure that you net your BMR after your exercise calories are burned. I just looked back on my reports for the past week and I have not been netting my BMR, I've been way under. This could be the reason why I didn't see any weight loss this last week.

I want to know if anyone else has read up on this and what your thoughts are.:happy:

This is all new to me, I'm going to read it and see if I can wrap my head around it. Sounds interesting but complicated.
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options

For the most part I agree...I go a little less than recommended and it has worked for me. So many things can affect weight loss from stress to exercise.... stress is a big sabbatoger for me so I have to work at ways to head it off :) I think that calculation is a great starting point.
  • lindaw66
    Options

For the most part I agree...I go a little less than recommended and it has worked for me. So many things can affect weight loss from stress to exercise.... stress is a big sabbatoger for me so I have to work at ways to head it off :) I think that calculation is a great starting point.

I thinks this also applies to someone who is doing mostly heavly lifting as their form of exercise too. I'm sitll mixing cardio with a little strength training, so i think I'm going to use their BMR calculation and try to at least net that after my exercise calories are burned.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ugh. It's wednesday and I didn't post. I was awfully ill until...yesterday. So I didn't meet my step goals this past week. BUT I did lose .2 lbs. I know it's not a ton, but I'm happy that I didn't gain during a week I could barely move! My goal for the next week will be to meet my step goal of 10,000 steps a day every day (minus Sunday and Monday). I'm not going to worry about weight as much as just being a better more healthy person, and see if that works. I'm going to focus on diet and steps this week. No fast food this week. It is going to be a little hard because I'm addicted...but I can't quit if I don't stop.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Ugh. It's wednesday and I didn't post. I was awfully ill until...yesterday. So I didn't meet my step goals this past week. BUT I did lose .2 lbs. I know it's not a ton, but I'm happy that I didn't gain during a week I could barely move! My goal for the next week will be to meet my step goal of 10,000 steps a day every day (minus Sunday and Monday). I'm not going to worry about weight as much as just being a better more healthy person, and see if that works. I'm going to focus on diet and steps this week. No fast food this week. It is going to be a little hard because I'm addicted...but I can't quit if I don't stop.

Yay for the .2 lbs, I haven't seen that yet and I would be thrilled to lose that! So you focus on that success and you will do better for the rest of the week.
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options

You have to heal your body first :smile: as you feel better your steps will come. A loss is a loss!! celebrate. Great goals. If you have a chance, a quick and easy read is "Change Anything" it is terrific to help us be successful at personal goals. Feel better.