January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky-10
    Binge-5

Yesterday was good, didn't eat a whole lot because I wasn't hungry from the binge day before. This morning I was very hungry for breakfast and am still feeling "foody"....I'm afraid today is going to be one of those days. That is the cycle I get into...I'm really going to try to not go there today.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I also have only been weighing 1/week. It is so freeing! The number on the scale is so depressing that one can easily go into a screw this state of mind. Suppose to weigh in on Saturday....we'll see.....

Me too and I really have found it freeing! And I think it's helping with the binges too...funny how daily weighing seems to make me eat more. Or at least be obsessing all day and it's been so nice not to do that.
  • getitgirl25
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is something I have struggled with off and on for years. Last year I thought I was done, then fall and winter some personal things happened and I fell into the old horrible habit.

I'd like to join you though.

Me: 13
    Binge: 3

Maybe next month can be a zero. Just asking...does anyone find it to be helpful to log every single damn thing you eat on a bad day? I'm ashamed.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jan 15

Lisa -- 10
    Binge -- 5

Sorry been AWOL. Two binge days...family health issue. Will try to be better today.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    January 16th, 2013.

Me: 9

The Binge: 7 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11, 1/12, 1/16)

Had to edit my stats for the day... :(
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Maybe next month can be a zero. Just asking...does anyone find it to be helpful to log every single damn thing you eat on a bad day? I'm ashamed.

Logging every calorie can help you stay aware...

For me, if I log the whole day... I stop sooner than I normally would have.

Like , logging it... I might stop at 4,000 calories. If I throw logging out the window and eat just everything... I notice I eat way more, and it probably ranges from 6,000 - 8,000 calories.

Usually I do the quick add calories and guestimate when I am logging a binge... I'm definitely not carefully measuring out every spoon of nutella with a TBSP.

I don't think logging is a magic solution to solving the problem - or stopping binges. It's just a good thing to look at so you know what's actually happening.

Keep in mind:
    writing down your binge might encourage a focus on the wrong part of the problem. And I haven't seen anything that suggests that guilt is a good motivating force to avoid binge eating. In daily life, guilt might even be a trigger. :(

Depends on personal perspective and what triggers vs helps you. Just make sure that after a binge you are moving foward and forgiving yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    Binge: 1

I didn't log it because I can't even remember everything I ate
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Since I'm fairly certain I won't binge the rest of the day, I'm gonna go ahead and log today as a "success" for me. I do great on the weekdays and am still working on eating better on weekends. I have one more month till my 30th bday and have two lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal. I will FINALLY reach it!!!

I just want to mention how much this support group has helped me with my fight against binging. I now log every binge and have noticed how my binges are not as bad (calorie wise) as they used to be. They are now more like, what I consider, "mini binges." I have had issues with EDs since high school and am closer than I've ever been to a healthier lifestyle and a better relationship with food. I defeated anorexia, and I WILL defeat the Binge! It's taken me years, but I'm slowly but surely getting better :happy:

Thank you all!

Binge: 1 (1/6)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Since I'm fairly certain I won't binge the rest of the day, I'm gonna go ahead and log today as a "success" for me. I do great on the weekdays and am still working on eating better on weekends. I have one more month till my 30th bday and have two lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal. I will FINALLY reach it!!!

I just want to mention how much this support group has helped me with my fight against binging. I now log every binge and have noticed how my binges are not as bad (calorie wise) as they used to be. They are now more like, what I consider, "mini binges." I have had issues with EDs since high school and am closer than I've ever been to a healthier lifestyle and a better relationship with food. I defeated anorexia, and I WILL defeat the Binge! It's taken me years, but I'm slowly but surely getting better :happy:

Thank you all!

Binge: 1 (1/6)
    That is awesome news Steph!!! Keep up the good work and I agree with you on the binges not being nearly as bad as we once thought. This post inspires me to keep logging it all. Congrats on being 2 pounds away from goal too!!! So proud of you!! and thanks so much for sharing too!!:flowerforyou: I know the thread as help me a lot too. :blushing:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is something I have struggled with off and on for years. Last year I thought I was done, then fall and winter some personal things happened and I fell into the old horrible habit.

I'd like to join you though.

Me: 13
    Binge: 3

Yes I find it very helpful to me to log it all. It keeps me mindful and accountable to myself. If leaving your diary public is causing you shame then make it private. I made mines private and every since I did that it is easy for me to be honest with myself. I spent years in denial and refuse to go back to that dark place. DIshonesty with self is only hurting you. And most of us find it useful to log it. It has been topic for discussion at least once a month. :tongue: :wink: Welcome to BE support group and I hope you find it helpful here too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 13

The Binge - 3 (5th, 6th, 13th)

Log it all: 16 / 31
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jan 16

Suzanne: 13
    Binge: 3 (1/1, 1/13, 1/15)
    Logging: 16/31

It seemed like this week the binge is sticking out its ugly little head and I end up giving in. I logged everything and didn't even want too--but its a start. I also have my diary open to my friends to keep me more accountable. I also went shopping and got some healthier, low cal snacks for me to fill up on that has a higher volume (which in binges I prefer lots) so..I hope it helps me out. :smile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 5.
    Binge - 11.

Ugh, really having a tough time. Binged the last couple days basically, and it started with buying some fruit and nut mix and chocolate in the sale and spiralled from there. I have to either have nothing in terms of the kind of food I binge on, or have just a small amount each day or I do end up binging on it. Since having none at all didn't work, and aiming for a meal out with dessert once a week, didn't work, I guess I am best sticking to allowing 80% of my daily intake to be a small treat item.

I was 133Ibs yesterday and up to 135 today, so really sucks.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-16-13
    Jul: 15
    Binge: 1

Off to the gym!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Me- 0
    Binge 1

Although in my binge today I managed to stop at a handfull of chocolate chips, a nutrigrain bar, a bowl of cereal, a bowl of mixed fruit, and a cheese stick. I feel like I am leaving something out??? This could have been much worse. I have a book of brain games. I tried using the puzzles as a distraction.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Me - 6.
    Binge - 10.

Really bad binge night. Trying to pinpoint why it happened. Sure could use someone who has got over binge eating(especially in evenings) to sort of have messaging sessions with when trying to work out what caused the binge as I am not great at that part, being mildly on the autistic spectrum and thus not always aware of cause and effect when it comes to my emotions.

I find it hard to connect my emotions to my eating. I don't think it is my root cause. I binge no matter how I feel. Message if you need to talk!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/16/12

Rachael - 16
    The Binge - 0

Fighting off the urge to binge tonight. Closed my diary and kitchen for the night, going to show the binge who is boss!
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    1/16/12

Rachael - 16
    The Binge - 0

Fighting off the urge to binge tonight. Closed my diary and kitchen for the night, going to show the binge who is boss!
    You can do it!

Michelle - 16
    Binge - 0
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 16 2013

Colleen - 12
    The Binge- 4
    Days finished logging- 14

Wasn't really an emotional binge last night, just lazy and thought I was comfortable because I'd been binge-free for a couple days. But I still had a workout to offset a little bit. Moving on...
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jan 16

Lisa -- 10
    Binge -- 6

Not a big one but one, nonetheless. Frustrated because I started out so good, too. Today I am determined to beat this.