Options
    Me: 15
    Binge: 2
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    January 17th, 2013.

Me: 9

The Binge: 8 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11, 1/12, 1/16, 1/17)

Not a happy camper today. I'm annoyed that I let "the binge" win a second time in a row... and I haven't weighed in... I need to... in a few days, I bet I'm back to the weight I was when I first started MFP! :(
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I didn't binge today, but I was eating and not in control. I had about 450 extra calories. If I skip the snack I had planned for later, I'm only over by 90, but I'm still bummed about my mini-binge
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Diane - 16
    The Binge - 0

Log it all: 16/31
  • IowaJen1979
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is something I have struggled with off and on for years. Last year I thought I was done, then fall and winter some personal things happened and I fell into the old horrible habit.

I'd like to join you though.

Me: 13
    Binge: 3

Maybe next month can be a zero. Just asking...does anyone find it to be helpful to log every single damn thing you eat on a bad day? I'm ashamed.

YES! It really helps me stay on track. I have done this in the past where I haven't logged everything, thinking I'll get back on track the next day and it never happens. By being honest with myself I've been able to stay on track.
  • IowaJen1979
    Options
    Me - 6.
    Binge - 10.

Really bad binge night. Trying to pinpoint why it happened. Sure could use someone who has got over binge eating(especially in evenings) to sort of have messaging sessions with when trying to work out what caused the binge as I am not great at that part, being mildly on the autistic spectrum and thus not always aware of cause and effect when it comes to my emotions.

I know it may not be the most welcome advice, but exercise helps me control it. I think that it makes me feel like I'm taking care of myself and I don't want to ruin that, it releases endorphins which are natural mood elevators, it distracts you from your cravings, and it just feels good.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-17-13
    Jul: 16
    Binge: 1 (1-11)

One thing that's helped me is repeating this phrase to myself 'I am not a binger'...by putting bingeing in the past, I see myself as separate. I don't want to be that, so I'm 'pretending' I don't, that it's not me. Faking it til I'm making it!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

One thing that's helped me is repeating this phrase to myself 'I am not a binger'...by putting bingeing in the past, I see myself as separate. I don't want to be that, so I'm 'pretending' I don't, that it's not me. Faking it til I'm making it!

Ooh... I love that idea. Thank you for sharing!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 6.
    Binge - 10.

Really bad binge night. Trying to pinpoint why it happened. Sure could use someone who has got over binge eating(especially in evenings) to sort of have messaging sessions with when trying to work out what caused the binge as I am not great at that part, being mildly on the autistic spectrum and thus not always aware of cause and effect when it comes to my emotions.

I know it may not be the most welcome advice, but exercise helps me control it. I think that it makes me feel like I'm taking care of myself and I don't want to ruin that, it releases endorphins which are natural mood elevators, it distracts you from your cravings, and it just feels good.

No, it is true and I am aware of the pattern. If I don't exercise, I am much, much more likely to binge eat. I have no idea why as plenty of people are virtually sedentary and do not have issues with overeating. But if I am exercising and stop, I can guarantee I will binge, and it is more often than not binging that makes me not want to exercise the next day/later on that day as it leaves me feeling so sluggish, depressed and hopeless.

Me - 5.
    Binge - 12.

I really hope next month will be better.
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me - 12
    Binge - 5
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Me-1
    Binge 1
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 17
    Binge - 0
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/17/12

Rachael - 17
    The Binge - 0

Won the fight last night and kept it going today. Thanks for the encouragement, it was a huge help. Doing everything I can to release stress in healthier ways, instead of using food. It's not easy, but I suppose it will get easier eventually if I don't give up.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 10
    The Binge - 7

Logging days - 8 / 31
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, Jan 17

beatrix: 4
    The Binge: 13

I think I'm starting to turn this month around, now.

You all are doing such a good job of checking in/logging and of fighting the binge. :happy:

I am happy for you :flowerforyou: and inspired by you, too. Thanks... :)
  • IowaJen1979
    Options
    January 2013

Jen - 17
    The Binge - 0

Log it all: 17/31
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Me - 6.
    Binge - 10.

No, it is true and I am aware of the pattern. If I don't exercise, I am much, much more likely to binge eat. I have no idea why as plenty of people are virtually sedentary and do not have issues with overeating. But if I am exercising and stop, I can guarantee I will binge, and it is more often than not binging that makes me not want to exercise the next day/later on that day as it leaves me feeling so sluggish, depressed and hopeless.

Me - 5.
    Binge - 12.

I really hope next month will be better.

I have the worst of both worlds...I binge if I'm feeling lazy and haven't worked out, and then I am also prone to a binge after working out because a) I feel like I "earned" it, even though that is total idiocy and b) working out can just plain increase my appetite! I found that doing regular, moderate workouts as opposed to sporadic, long and hard ones seems to help me. The hard workouts leave me with an insatiable appetite, and since they ARE so hard I'm less likely to keep up with them. Just my two cents!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 17 2013

Colleen - 13
    The Binge- 4
    Days finished logging- 15

Over by 100cal again yesterday, but stopped again. Wouldn't have gone over if I had worked out, but I think I am coming down with a cold. Hopefully not the flu :frown: So it'll be walking workouts for me until I get over this thing. I've tried working out while sick before, and that was a total disaster.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Diane - 12
    The Binge - 5