concentrate everyday to lose 5-10lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How is the snooze button for you lady? I did not get up early as stupid me I completed a turbo kick, combat 54 class and killed my kness. I have to take easy walk only and some mat exercise after work!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Uhm.... well, snooze button got pushed today. I was in the ER for a good portion of the night with a friend and didn't clock much sleep last night. But the day is still young!!!

How was the weigh in?
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Weigh-in was a success, 108.8 vs. 110.8 last week. 3 weeks ago, I had same scale reading number 108.8 and now the numbers are steady!! Meaning I have to work hard to achieve one more pound lost for the next week!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Weigh-in was a success, 108.8 vs. 110.8 last week. 3 weeks ago, I had same scale reading number 108.8 and now the numbers are steady!! Meaning I have to work hard to achieve one more pound lost for the next week!

That's GREAT!!! Congratulations!!!!! And I know you're going to kill it next week, TOO!!! Why?? 'Cause you're amazin'! Keep it up!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    How are we doing? My plan this week is to focus on diet. Believe it or not, less exercise, I am working my butt off but also eating away. Scale number was the same yesterday. Wishing all of you to stay strong and focus! Share your struggles...
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Nice plan!!

I'm afraid I have YET to go to the gym. However, I've started walking in earnest and have been hitting my 10,000 steps! So, I've re-evaluated by goal. For the rest of January, I want to hit 10,000 steps more days than I don't...and FEB will be my epic return to the gym!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Nice plan!!

I'm afraid I have YET to go to the gym. However, I've started walking in earnest and have been hitting my 10,000 steps! So, I've re-evaluated by goal. For the rest of January, I want to hit 10,000 steps more days than I don't...and FEB will be my epic return to the gym!

I wear a pedometer when I need the push. Great idea. 1st day watching my calories like a serious dieter!!!!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I decided to start IF and yesterday was my first day. I am going to do a 24 hr. fast Friday and Saturyday and hoping to have 2 lbs down by next weight in!!
  • floridapanthergirl
    floridapanthergirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great to read the dialogue you two have going. It is the kind of exchange we are all looking for here. Thought I'd join you for a bit. I use a HRM and once I get into the right zone, I pick up a dust rag and start cleaning my house. I go up the stairs and hang up clothes or start a load, watching my heart rate all the time and marching a little or jogging in place when needed. I dust and clean the counters. I put stuff away and fold clothes. If I have some good music it is even better. I use my arms and do a few lunges as I work through the house. I am getting to where I do this twice a week now for at least 40 minutes and burn more than 700 calories. I do other things at other times, but this is beginning to be my favorite. I also log my food ahead, maybe one or two days. When the day is over or sometimes as the day unfolds, I go back and correct it. I had lost 40lbs before I came to MFP and feel like I am now learning all the things I need to learn to make it work for me for life!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Great idea on the target zone and THEN start your task!

I'm hitting my 10K a day now routinely!!! I'm so proud of myself.... hit it consecutively, too.... AND now I'm exceeding it by 3-7K EACH DAY!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!

Great to read the dialogue you two have going. It is the kind of exchange we are all looking for here. Thought I'd join you for a bit. I use a HRM and once I get into the right zone, I pick up a dust rag and start cleaning my house. I go up the stairs and hang up clothes or start a load, watching my heart rate all the time and marching a little or jogging in place when needed. I dust and clean the counters. I put stuff away and fold clothes. If I have some good music it is even better. I use my arms and do a few lunges as I work through the house. I am getting to where I do this twice a week now for at least 40 minutes and burn more than 700 calories. I do other things at other times, but this is beginning to be my favorite. I also log my food ahead, maybe one or two days. When the day is over or sometimes as the day unfolds, I go back and correct it. I had lost 40lbs before I came to MFP and feel like I am now learning all the things I need to learn to make it work for me for life!
  • LFlynnOC
    LFlynnOC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been using the FitBit since Mother's day last year and find it difficult to hit 10,000 steps everyday. I'm lucky if I hit it 2-3 days a week. I sit at a desk all day and don't get up as much as I used to. I need to focus on taking a walk around the office every hour and getting in 30 min. of walking (all at one time or sometimes I break it up into two 15min. walks). If I do that then I think I will hit my goal of 10,000 steps each day. Just need to focus and DO IT!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I have been using the FitBit since Mother's day last year and find it difficult to hit 10,000 steps everyday. I'm lucky if I hit it 2-3 days a week. I sit at a desk all day and don't get up as much as I used to. I need to focus on taking a walk around the office every hour and getting in 30 min. of walking (all at one time or sometimes I break it up into two 15min. walks). If I do that then I think I will hit my goal of 10,000 steps each day. Just need to focus and DO IT!

I have a sit down job 2-3 times a week due to paperwork. I tucked the chair away and stand, use the longest bathroom walk and before I know it I am at 7,000 and couple jumping jacks. WOW. I hit 10,000 steps. My problem is not exercise but diet. I will become better with practice.

@ MochaMixAZ, how is the alarm idea working any luck? Keep us posted lady!

Love this dialogue too.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    The alarm kinda fizzled. I just haven't wrapped my brain around needing to get UP and to the gym.

I'm also predominately at a desk all day unless it's a day when I'm actually teaching instead of writing the class content. You absolutely have to work crazy-hard to get in those steps. But... you can!

Today is one of those desk-days. I have tons of scheduling and writing to do. I'm only up to 500 steps today. So, for the rest of the afternoon I'm setting a 30 minute timer and when it goes off, I jump up and do 5-10 circuits around the house. We'll see how it goes.... then I'm going to have to get in a real walk later.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    The alarm kinda fizzled. I just haven't wrapped my brain around needing to get UP and to the gym.

I'm also predominately at a desk all day unless it's a day when I'm actually teaching instead of writing the class content. You absolutely have to work crazy-hard to get in those steps. But... you can!

Today is one of those desk-days. I have tons of scheduling and writing to do. I'm only up to 500 steps today. So, for the rest of the afternoon I'm setting a 30 minute timer and when it goes off, I jump up and do 5-10 circuits around the house. We'll see how it goes.... then I'm going to have to get in a real walk later.

Great start. I have 30 phone call to make, and lots of paperwork. I will be practicing what I preach and breaks jump and walk. You might want to try Leslie Sansone walking, I absolutely love them. I am a speed walker. Have fun lady!