W1D1

Options
kvossandrews
kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
I tried this last year and got up to week 5 but couldnt do it so I gave up.

This time Im going to do it and if I cant pass a week Ill stay on that week until I can.

I also used the treadmill but this time im getting out and doing it out side. I have come to the point I dont cant care who is watching my. At least im out there doing my best and not just saying I will one day.

That it would be good to start on here and if anyone else is intrested that would be great to have others to talk to and compare. At 96kilos it really is not easy to just go for a run. Im hoping that I will gt fitter with each week and it helps with the weight.

Look forward to seeing others doing the same. :tongue:

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Although I just finished the program last week, I'm here to cheer you on. You can do this. If I can (biggest couch potato around), you can!
    Week 5 is a killer week but this time you'll be prepared.
    Keep logging here. Join up with our Riverdell challenge of keeping track of your walking/jogging distances, if you like. You'll find lots of support and encouragement there.
    Whatever you do, keep posting here. Support is with you.
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    Thank you so much....
  • Jsilva814
    Jsilva814 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Like you said just repeat days and/or weeks if you find them challenging.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I too finished, but am happy to encourage and support.

For 42 years I swore the only reason to run was if you were being chased by zombies. Then I discovered runDisney events. How can there be something Disney that I don't do? So ... This past Labor Day weekend I started C25k. Those first 60 second runs redefined the meaning hell for me. Five months later I am on week 3 of the 5k to 10k training program. I am almost up to running 4 miles comfortably. The 10 mile race in October seems more doable with every run.

You can do this. Just stick with it.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tried this last year and got up to week 5 but couldnt do it so I gave up.

This time Im going to do it and if I cant pass a week Ill stay on that week until I can.

I also used the treadmill but this time im getting out and doing it out side. I have come to the point I dont cant care who is watching my. At least im out there doing my best and not just saying I will one day.

That it would be good to start on here and if anyone else is intrested that would be great to have others to talk to and compare. At 96kilos it really is not easy to just go for a run. Im hoping that I will gt fitter with each week and it helps with the weight.

Look forward to seeing others doing the same. :tongue:

Hi! =) I just started today! I have been a walker for a while now & decided I needed to add something to my exercise goals! I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 (after completing her 30 Day Shred) & although I loooove the results I'm having with that, I've seen a lot of my MFP friends doing the c25k....soooo I decided to give it a try!

Any kind of support is GREATLY appreciated! LOL I hope I can keep up. Today felt pretty good. I was surprised how quickly it went. =) I've always wanted to be a runner....but eh...like several on here I've also thought the only reason to run was from zombies or people with chainsaws. HA HA!
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just started today! and I sucked...I'm just getting over a cold but that is no excuse...I can't even run a full minute yet and the rest time isn't enough for me to catch my breath. I will probably repeat this day till i can get it down. But I am determined to run! Good luck! we've got this!
  • coldspringheadmomma
    Options
    I just did week 1 day 1 yesterday - bad shin splints but I really enjoyed it!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Week 5 is the hump week. You can do it! It sounds like you're not going slowly enough.
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    :wink:
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    I just started today! and I sucked...I'm just getting over a cold but that is no excuse...I can't even run a full minute yet and the rest time isn't enough for me to catch my breath. I will probably repeat this day till i can get it down. But I am determined to run! Good luck! we've got this!

Dont stress its not about speed.....

look forward to hearing how you go...

• kvossandrews
    Options

I have to say today my shin splints hurt too. I have started strechting first.. hope it helps
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    Week 5 is the hump week. You can do it! It sounds like you're not going slowly enough.

Totally agree and have slowed down to help make it through
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W1D2

All went well this morning,

I woke up earlier than I should and that is a bonus, as it has taken my three months to make it out of bed early at all.

I had different pants on today so I didnt have to hold them and keep them up.

I went about .5kms more than D1.

Feeling good and looking forward to my D3......

• coldspringheadmomma
    Options
    W1D2

I had different pants on today so I didnt have to hold them and keep them up.

I went about .5kms more than D1.

Feeling good and looking forward to my D3......

Loving the pants comment - good for you! Excellent update - I'll be doing W1D2 today after work. I was hoping to do it outdoors, but looks like I'll be hitting the treadmill. It's -20deg C outside.....feels like -32deg C with the windchill factor! YIKES!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cans0002
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I started a few days ago.I will do day 2 today and will not stop to th treadmill says 30 mins. You guys are freaking me out about wk 5!!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

I have to say today my shin splints hurt too. I have started strechting first.. hope it helps

Stretch before and after. I try to stretch for about 10 minutes before and after my run. Also icing after helps as well.
  • jenesnow
    jenesnow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1 yesterday. I feel good today, just a little bit sore, but I am so excited that I completed it! On to Day 2 tomorrow. I am hoping to find a couple people on here who will help to motivate me and kick my butt when I don't perform. One question I have, should I attempt to walk or do weights on the rest days, or should I just not do anything?
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    I just did W1D1 yesterday. I feel good today, just a little bit sore, but I am so excited that I completed it! On to Day 2 tomorrow. I am hoping to find a couple people on here who will help to motivate me and kick my butt when I don't perform. One question I have, should I attempt to walk or do weights on the rest days, or should I just not do anything?

I have always walked most days. So now on the days of the C25K I still do my walk but just not as far. On the days I dont have C25K I do my full 6kms.

I would love to do weights and will get there put one thing at a time. I think doing to much all at once you burn out to fast and stop doing it all.

Good luck...
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    I started a few days ago.I will do day 2 today and will not stop to th treadmill says 30 mins. You guys are freaking me out about wk 5!!

I think it is a brain thing. You think you cant so you dont. The key here this time for me is to not stop just stick on the week until I can finish the next one, it has to be better than giving up all together.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Shin splints usually are due to inadequate support from your shoes/trainers/sneakers. If stretching does not help then look for a running store and get fitted for a pair that matches you running mechanics/size/weight.

The other very important piece of equipment is a good jogbra. It can make a world of difference!