Level Two

Options

Replies

• twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've started getting really painful knees since starting shred and i was up at 4 am in pain this morn so I've decided to alternate shred with a cardio workout, it also worries me that everyone i know that does weights says that you must let your muscles rest and rebuild after each session as that's how you develop your muscle so by doing the weights every day your doing more damage than good so I'm going to have a day between each sesh to Let my muscles ( and knees!) recover.
  • neh02
    neh02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've started getting really painful knees since starting shred and i was up at 4 am in pain this morn so I've decided to alternate shred with a cardio workout, it also worries me that everyone i know that does weights says that you must let your muscles rest and rebuild after each session as that's how you develop your muscle so by doing the weights every day your doing more damage than good so I'm going to have a day between each sesh to Let my muscles ( and knees!) recover.

I'm in the same boat with my shins, weirdly enough. Something with level 2 - I'm modifying some moves quite a bit to make it easier on my body to do them daily. Trying to go easy on the jumping and avoid the things where your knees are bent way past 90 degrees (like squat thrusts!). I'm not sure I buy that the payoff you get in muscle tone for high impact moves like that are worth the potential damage. Knees are pretty fragile and easy to mess up!

I haven't decided yet if I'm doing day 3 today or taking a day off. Yesterday I went out to eat and splurged and freaked out about it - and weirdly when I woke up this morning it was the first day so far that I've put my pants on and they felt loose and my belt went to the next notch comfortably (!). It was kind of a good reminder to stay realistic and not beat myself up for eating a normal nice meal out!
  • Kathie444
    Kathie444 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 2 completed
  • Iwant2b140
    Iwant2b140 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    L2D8 COMPLETED
  • xcandyholic
    Options
    Day 6 done! I finished without taking any 5 second breaks for the first time! I got so overwhelmed I teared up haha. I'm so proud of myself, I really am getting stronger!! :)))
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Not sure if i posted yesterday and my phone is about to die so im going to post now (possibly again).

Completed day 5 of Level 2 yesterday.. Officially making it half way and the furthest i've ever come with the 30DS..
    At the half way mark ive already lost 3.5kg and who knows what else.. Ill post my pics again after day 10.. :)

Im so amped :)
    Thanks for all the support ladies and gents (if there are any)

Xxx
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Completed level 2 day 10!! On to level 3 in the morning!!
  • ann0416
    ann0416 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jan 12th - Day 1 - Level 2 - Killer !!!!! :)

Jan13th - Day 2 - Level 2 - done !!

:(:( Is anyone experiencing back pain . I am !!! :(

Took a day off on jan 14th

Jan 15th - Day 3 - Level two - DONE !!!!!

Jan 16th - Day 4 - Level 2 - DONE

Armsssssss :(:(:(:( !!!!! I hate my flabby arms . they just don't move at one point !!!

Jan 17th - Day 5 - Level 2 - DONE

Jan 18th - Day 6 - Level 2 - DONE

Psst.. its getting easy !!

Jan 19th - Day 7 - Level 2 - DONE ( was darn sleepy to log my entry ) haha
    Jan 20th - Day 8 - Level 2 - DONE
  • ann0416
    Options
    Completed level 2 day 10!! On to level 3 in the morning!!

Thats AWESOME !!! GOOD LUCK with your 3rd level :)
  • Iwant2b140
    Iwant2b140 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today. Although I was only on Day 8 of level 2 I needed a change. I found the "cardio" portions a lot less cardio and more strength.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Finished day 6 of level two and burnt 285 cals.. :)
  • Kathie444
    Kathie444 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 10 today of Level 2. Starting Level 3 tommorrow
  • neh02
    neh02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've had kind of a weird setback. I'm a waitress FT and started a new job a few days ago after a two week break. Yesterday was my first full day back on my feet (about 10 hours) but I have worked 10 hour shifts on my feet, carrying heavy things etc. pretty regularly for over a year.

When I got home my legs and feet just hurt a little, like always when I'm on my feet a lot. But last night, I actually woke up in the middle of the night because I was in so much pain, took 3 ibuprofen, and the pain subsided in 30 mins or so. It was really awful muscle pain all along the fronts of my legs, from top to bottom. I have never had anything like that before from my serving jobs so I think it must be some combination of my muscles already trying to heal from the shred and being on my feet all day. I'm taking a few days off and then going easier on it, maybe 4-5x/week. Unfortunately I can't risk that kind of soreness when my job requires I use my legs!
  • d2thelove
    Options
    I took a two day rest before doing level 2 but, today I compeleted day 1 of level two.. Very hard for me
  • SkinnyShaSha
    SkinnyShaSha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had kind of a weird setback. I'm a waitress FT and started a new job a few days ago after a two week break. Yesterday was my first full day back on my feet (about 10 hours) but I have worked 10 hour shifts on my feet, carrying heavy things etc. pretty regularly for over a year.

When I got home my legs and feet just hurt a little, like always when I'm on my feet a lot. But last night, I actually woke up in the middle of the night because I was in so much pain, took 3 ibuprofen, and the pain subsided in 30 mins or so. It was really awful muscle pain all along the fronts of my legs, from top to bottom. I have never had anything like that before from my serving jobs so I think it must be some combination of my muscles already trying to heal from the shred and being on my feet all day. I'm taking a few days off and then going easier on it, maybe 4-5x/week. Unfortunately I can't risk that kind of soreness when my job requires I use my legs!

Definitely sensible to take a break. Hope your legs recover soon. I had a 3 day headache so only completed level 2 day 2 today. Disappointed I had to rest but at least there was a reason, I was just making excuses like I did on my last 30DS attempt.
  • madumond
    madumond Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day two of Level 2 today. It seemed to be much easier thanyesterday. I too had 100% more sweat on the level 2 than 1. I am much more sore with this level!!!
    I weighed in today. I am down 9 pounds since the start of 30 shred!!! I really wish I would have done measurements before I began..... Is it too late to???
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Day Seven of Level Two completed yesterday with 251 cals burnt :)
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got any end of level 2 results to share? I have posted mine and have found in the past that it is great encouragement for fellow shredders :)
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    hi d1 l2 just finished I enjoyed it but definitely not used to planks although preferred the cardio arms are aching but legs not so bad hope will be better tomorrow
  • ann0416
    Options
    Jan 12th - Day 1 - Level 2 - Killer !!!!! :)

Jan13th - Day 2 - Level 2 - done !!

:(:( Is anyone experiencing back pain . I am !!! :(

Took a day off on jan 14th

Jan 15th - Day 3 - Level two - DONE !!!!!

Jan 16th - Day 4 - Level 2 - DONE

Armsssssss :(:(:(:( !!!!! I hate my flabby arms . they just don't move at one point !!!

Jan 17th - Day 5 - Level 2 - DONE

Jan 18th - Day 6 - Level 2 - DONE

Psst.. its getting easy !!

Jan 19th - Day 7 - Level 2 - DONE ( was darn sleepy to log my entry ) haha
    Jan 20th - Day 8 - Level 2 - DONE

jan 21st - day 9 done :)

AND TODAY DONE WITH 10 TH DAY !!! FINALLLLYYYYY I DINT SWEAT MUCH TODAY !! :)

See you all in level 3