how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I am 22 weeks and have gained almost 35 lbs.

Don't feel bad. At my 20 week appointment I was already up 32 lbs (and I was already about 8 lbs overweight when I got pregnant). I'm doing my best to maintain my calories and not gain any more or least to gain as little as possible. Don't know how it's working as I haven't weighed myself but am seeing the doc next week. Fingers crossed!

I've been really trying to maintain as well. I'll do good for a few days and then end up binging out because I'm craving something. I'm 28 weeks and at 35 pounds gain so I'm REALLY hoping to keep my weight under 40 but from what I hear the 3rd trimester is the hardest
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and he told me something interesting. He had a patient who gained 115 pounds. 115! No pre-eclampsia, she was watching her diet and exercising, etc. He said she'd come in at every appointment crying and didn't know what to do, but her baby was perfectly healthy and also wasn't overly large. Within the first two months after birth she lost 70 pounds, almost 60 of which was fluid only! The rest came off during the next 3 months as she nursed. Obviously this isn't the typical case but he told me some women gain way more in water weight than others.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    didn't gain anything from last week...

33 weeks today & up 18 pounds total
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Im at 25 pounds in 23 weeks...dr said i "better slow down" cause i gained 10 in the past month....I refuse to starve myself.. and with my other 2 kids i gained 50 and 72 so ill be happy if i end up with 40lbs gained....

thoughts????
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and he told me something interesting. He had a patient who gained 115 pounds. 115! No pre-eclampsia, she was watching her diet and exercising, etc. He said she'd come in at every appointment crying and didn't know what to do, but her baby was perfectly healthy and also wasn't overly large. Within the first two months after birth she lost 70 pounds, almost 60 of which was fluid only! The rest came off during the next 3 months as she nursed. Obviously this isn't the typical case but he told me some women gain way more in water weight than others.

wow, that's crazy! I guess that just goes to show that it's not how much you eat that matters it's what you eat and your body is going to gain what it needs/wants to gain.
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Im at 25 pounds in 23 weeks...dr said i "better slow down" cause i gained 10 in the past month....I refuse to starve myself.. and with my other 2 kids i gained 50 and 72 so ill be happy if i end up with 40lbs gained....

thoughts????

at about 23 weeks I gained 10lbs in one month also, doc didn't really say anything about it, he said my stomach was a perfect size and didn't comment at all on my weight (I love him for this! lol) I haven't done any research but a friend who is "in the know" said that's when the placenta is growing the most so not to worry about it....I agree with you that 40lbs for total of pregnancy isn't bad and I wouldn't stress out....just be aware of what you are eating
  • AlliH621
    AlliH621 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am almost 12 weeks and I haven't gained anything yet. Anyone else experience this as being normal?
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options

thoughts????

My doctor said something similar to me at my last appointment. It's just deflating. I'm so tired of the focus on weight gain, when it should be about the health of the baby and good nutrition. Unless it's an astronomical gain that raises red flags, just STFU <grumpy pregnant woman here!

Anyways- my goal is also 40lbs. Based on previous healthy pregnancies- this seems where my body is most comfortable. Not every woman will be the same or fit into their cookie cutter 10lb range guideline of 25-35lbs. :flowerforyou:
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am almost 12 weeks and I haven't gained anything yet. Anyone else experience this as being normal?

It's normal! I don't gain until 20 weeks usually but then it comes on fast!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am almost 20 weeks and I have gained 7 lbs. I gained 2 in the first 13 weeks and the other 5 since then. Trying to keep total gain to 25 lbs. We'll see how that works out since my other 2 pregnancies resulted in 40 lbs gained each time.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I definitely think that pregnancy just does weird things to your body and I am starting to see how most of what is a rapid gain is usually water! I never retained water before, but I've noticed that pregnancy has made my body super sensitive to sodium. If I weigh myself in the morning, my total gain is always about 3 pounds less than if I have a late afternoon dr.'s appointment or weigh myself at night. I have heard so many stories like that, of women gaining a huge amount and most of it coming off quickly because it was water! I'm starting to think it's better to go by the philosophy of eating in moderation but mostly healthy, and eating when your body and baby really are hungry. When our babies are born, the numbers really won't matter anymore! And then we can focus on getting that extra weight off.
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    24 Weeks and gained 6 pounds total.
  • AlliH621
    Options

Awesome - thank you! I just don't want to go to the doctor in 2 more weeks (14 week appointment) to hear doctor say you need to gain weight. I'm eating healthy and what I can - my stomach is still not digesting large amounts of food very well.
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 weeks and I have gained 30 lbs, I hope to not go over 40lbs but would love to be at 35lbs weight gain. My doctor said it's not bad, it will be more work to lose after baby is here. He also recommended that I watch what I eat, try to minimize the junk and sugary drinks.. stick with water n healthier food choices.... I have also started walking in the last 2 weeks, and it has helped my energy levels :)
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I agree, I didn't gain until about 20 weeks. Gained 7lbs so far and I'm 25 weeks. So it came on rather quickly! My goal is to keep it under 25lbs.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I definitely think that pregnancy just does weird things to your body and I am starting to see how most of what is a rapid gain is usually water! I never retained water before, but I've noticed that pregnancy has made my body super sensitive to sodium. If I weigh myself in the morning, my total gain is always about 3 pounds less than if I have a late afternoon dr.'s appointment or weigh myself at night. I have heard so many stories like that, of women gaining a huge amount and most of it coming off quickly because it was water! I'm starting to think it's better to go by the philosophy of eating in moderation but mostly healthy, and eating when your body and baby really are hungry. When our babies are born, the numbers really won't matter anymore! And then we can focus on getting that extra weight off.
    That sounds like me in a nutshell. As of my week 38 appt, I've gained 36 lbs, but I'm retaining water as noticable in my hands and, in the evenings, my feet/legs. Can't wait until that part returns to normal soon as I hate hearing that "untrue" weight every appt!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I agree, I didn't gain until about 20 weeks. Gained 7lbs so far and I'm 25 weeks. So it came on rather quickly! My goal is to keep it under 25lbs.

During my first pregnancy, I didn't really gain any weight or really show till third trimester. Complete opposite this time around.
  • AlliH621
    Options

During my first pregnancy, I didn't really gain any weight or really show till third trimester. Complete opposite this time around.

So glad I'm not alone! I don't want to gain more than 25 either, actually I'd feel better with just 20, but I guess we will see as time goes on! Thanks ladies!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    25 weeks today! I wish I had kept a consistent log of my weight gain, but it was basically a pound a week (due to nausea eating) until recently:

Weeks:
    14: +14
    20: +20
    22: +24
    24: +24
    25: +24

I started feeling better at week 22, when I began working out daily and counting calories. I guess it's paying off!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Awesome - thank you! I just don't want to go to the doctor in 2 more weeks (14 week appointment) to hear doctor say you need to gain weight. I'm eating healthy and what I can - my stomach is still not digesting large amounts of food very well.

I didn't gain until 20 weeks and still managed to put on 40 pounds. You will be fine. I'm hoping this time to keep it to a more reasonable gain, only because I carry all my baby weight until I finish breasfeeding and I feed a long time.