*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We'll do better next week and weekend!!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    For me I had decided to skip out on the gym session at lunch but then last minute just decided to get my boots on and go! SO off I went and got my cardio in!! Tomorrow night is date night so i'm gonna go to the gym and we might try to get RIpped in 30 in before the restaurant so I can try to minimize the effects this may have on my weigh in sunday morning!!
    Well done on still going to the gym! So proud of you!
    AGH! I have such a hard time on weekends. I just weighed myself and I gained. :( I'm mad at myself for letting you guys down as well as mad at myself for letting myself down. My fiance suggested I put everyone in the house on a diet. He said he could stand to lose a few pounds, and that the kids don't need to be eating junk. They are giong to need to eat healthier 'snacks' after school. I'm good all week, until the weekends. GRR!
    I never had the trouble with weekends until last one.. grrrr!! Love what your fiance suggested! It's great to have his support this way, and yes, healthier snack all round for everyone rules! :-)

I really should've gone to the gym on Saturday, but I was working overtime Friday night until 2am and was quite useless for most of Saturday - bet I still could've made it to the gym if I only would've gotten my backside in gear but I just couldn't be a**ed.. now OF COURSE I am angry with myself for not going, I knew I would be.. sighs.. will be better this week!
    We'll do better next week and weekend!!
    Oh yes, definitely! :-)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    AGH! I have such a hard time on weekends. I just weighed myself and I gained. :( I'm mad at myself for letting you guys down as well as mad at myself for letting myself down. My fiance suggested I put everyone in the house on a diet. He said he could stand to lose a few pounds, and that the kids don't need to be eating junk. They are giong to need to eat healthier 'snacks' after school. I'm good all week, until the weekends. GRR!

I gained too :(
  • crystalina888
    crystalina888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I am a July 28th bride and would like to loose 40-50 lbs and could use the accountability. Have lost 10 lbs since New Yrs and am trying to hit the gym for cardio 4-5 days a wk
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I am a July 28th bride and would like to loose 40-50 lbs and could use the accountability. Have lost 10 lbs since New Yrs and am trying to hit the gym for cardio 4-5 days a wk

Am sure it's still fine for you to join Chrystal - but if in doubt just send lawyerette (threat opener) a message!

For the time being: Welcome to the Team! :flowerforyou:
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Oh, and as Lawyerette mentioned to send details to our team captain from next week onwards: Who's that?
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Congrats on your 6.91% loss this week! That is a lot of weight, ladies, especially with only 1/3 of your team reporting in! I am following up on the Week 2 Results post that mentions changing how we report in for Week 3 and forward where I mentioned a Team Captain.

After struggling to track down weight and challenge results for 100+ brides for 2 sequential weeks, I think that the weekly tracking and reporting of weight and challenges will go much more smoothly if each bride reports in to their own team. From other challenges I've observed, messaging one member of your team (the "team captain") is the easiest and most efficient way to do this. You may pick anyone you wish to collate and report the info each week.

Once you have decided who is reporting in, let me know and I will send you the tracking form through email.

Also, the following is the current list of your brides:

amara15 (Paige)
    athorson8 (Angela) - no report Week 2
    autumnsanders (Autumn) - no report since sign-up
    bbtano (Melissa)
    betteringmyself (Ali) - no report since sign-up
    BrandyBarrett (Brandy) - no report Week 2
    ceciljacobs (Cecilia) - no report Week 2
    Drkchyld (Antenette)
    Fit_Is_Fabulous (Megan)
    futurestarz (Amanda) - no report since sign-up
    jesyka (Jesyka) - no report since sign-up
    Julie_emma1 (Julie) - no report since sign-up
    kelleyrosen (Kelley)
    kelly_gelinas (Kelly)
    kikiallain (Christine)
    kluginbill1 (Kelsey)
    kyrabeth1986 (Carla) - no report Week 2
    love4fitnesslove4food - no report Week 2
    Methinksabout (Meike)
    mina10v3 (Kellie)
    minkyrunner (Carolyn) - no report Week 2
    missquela (Miquela) - no report Week 2
    OhioBride (Candace) - no report since sign-up
    rock_kowgurl (Kelly)
    sanusiya (Sanu) - no report since sign-up
    sjr4291 (Sarah) - no report Week 2
    Tandksmommy11 (Amy)
    Wimbledongal (Kate) - no report since sign-up

If you all could follow-up and let me know who is still participating on your team, that would be great! I think one or two brides may be travelling or having family crisis, but with several thousand messages in my inbox I've lost track. With that in mind, we'll give everyone one more week to check in.

Thanks so much :)

~Elizabeth
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth- Thanks for doing such an awesome job! I can't imagine orchestrating this whole thing!

Well, I found out why I gained this past week. My period has arrived. I had an IUD for the last 5 years, had it surgically removed on the 9th, and my first post-IUD period is here. I'm sure the crap that I ate prior didn't help, but I think it definitely contributed. I've been on target all day yesterday, just taking it one day at a time.

I was able to up my water intake, even though I hate hate hate water. I also upped my calories. I had myself marked as sedentary- but I work as a caregiver 3 days a week so I'm running errands for clients, taking care of their personal care, lifitng, pushing, etc. So I'm not really strapped to a desk 8 hours a day and changed it to lightly active. Maybe that will help?
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So who's going to be our captain????
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, we have to pick a team captain. I am unable due to the fact that I work shift work and sometimes on sundays have to get my weigh in emailed at 0630. Is anyone willing?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Is there an automatic formula that we can just plug the numbers into in order to figure out the numbers? If so, I could be a team captain if no one else wants to do it.

In other news- how is everyone doing with the STAR challenge? So far I have: 18pts in water, 40 pts in 'tracking and sodium', 0 in exercise, and 20pts in sleep. I would have had 40pts but my daughter was up throwing up last night so that cut into my sleep. GRRR.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Daffodils-

I will still do the spreadsheet and calculations. I just need someone to gather your teams weights (not pound changes, but current weights) and challenge points per bride. I will run the spreadsheet and still publish the results. It's just been difficult to track down 115 of you each week and I thought it might be easier for you to track down your own brides since you all chat anyway :)

Thanks so much for taking on this intermediate coordinaton piece!

~Elizabeth
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Daffodils-

I will still do the spreadsheet and calculations. I just need someone to gather your teams weights (not pound changes, but current weights) and challenge points per bride. I will run the spreadsheet and still publish the results. It's just been difficult to track down 115 of you each week and I thought it might be easier for you to track down your own brides since you all chat anyway :)

Thanks so much for taking on this intermediate coordinaton piece!

~Elizabeth

*Whew* Here I had visions of having to sit her and do more math than I have since I graduated from college...haha.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    LOL, Amy. That is actually how I started out. It was pretty hard doing all of the math that initial weigh in by hand. The end of first week was better when I used a DIY template from the web, but, when I tried to use it this week, things got wonky. I ended up modifying the spreadsheet that the BL Season 2 has (I'm in that comp as well). I found some ways to improve it using additional formulas so that I really only have to put in the weights and a few other changes each week for it to generate most of what we want to know. I'm still working on getting it to tell me the total weight lost per week (tricky because we have a lot of blank and error lines for brides who are inactive) - which is why you all didn't get that number yet, but I think that will get fixed once the team captains update the rosters with who is actually participating and who is not. The good news is that I have only had one confirmed bride who messaged her info to me that didn't get input into the spreadsheet. That's not bad for 115 of you (yah!).

Finally- just wanted to let you know that the spreadsheet I linked you all to yesterday is limited distro to you all and cannot be accessed by someone without the link. Since the group is closed, it's just the brides here and not the world. If anyone wants additional security features, I can add them. Since it's just your handle, name, and weights, I think the PII impact is minimal, but do let me know if you have any questions about the document security.

And thanks again, Amy. I'll look forward to getting the revised list of brides from you later this week :)
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Thank you so much Amy!! GO DAFFODILS GO!!

For the challenge i'm doing pretty well!! I've been sticking to my two workouts a day!! TOday will be a challenge just to walk to the gym since it's -30 out but i'm still gonna go!! Need to do good this week to make up for a not so good weekend!! I'm really hoping to also be able to do good this weekend by just planning meals and getting my workouts in!!! We tend to take weekends off of working out because workouts fit so well in our schedule during the weeks but I think not working out on weekends is what is jeopardizing me!! SO let's hope this weekend is better! We have a more quiet weekend planned with just a comedy show on friday night (1 drink beforehand) and one kids birthday party (will probably have one little piece of cake).

On wedding news we picked our bridal bouquets last week which is exciting and next monday we're going to the venue in order to pick out which rooms were reserving for the bridal party and parents. We are getting closer and closer to the big day!! Only 7 months left before the big day and about 15 pounds to go.. yikes
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    thanks for volunteering Amy. This week for some reason my weight loss has slowed down. I have been working alot and haven't had time to work out. Hopefully my workout tomorrow and saturday will be enough.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Alright daffodils... let's keep up the good work!!

Today marks 7 months until my wedding day!! EEK!! Very excited :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    I have a rather strange phobia which occasionally pops up, and right now it's winning. Right now, I'm trying to eat so that I don't go into starvation mode but I'm only able to eat things that are very bland. Hoping this does not effect my loss this week.

Yesterday my wedding countdown slipped under 200 days. Today it's only 198 days away and I can't believe it. It seems like there's so much to be done, but none of it needs to be done right now. KWIM?
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    So feeling good this morning wedding wise. confirmed our photo booth, and our price for flowers. I am so excited. Things are getting done so quickly.

as for the challenge, with my shift work, I am not doing so well with regards to the arm workouts. Only done one day so a totol of 10 points. I am getting my water sleep and tracking in so thats good.

Hope everyone else is having success.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for being MIA ladies!! (I was one of the traveling brides this past weekend so I missed Weigh-in...lost 1lb so that's good at least ;)

Getting married July 13th which is like ten minutes away. EEK! Also, I started school last week, am up for a promotion at work, and am planning a move within the next six months...so life is pretty stressful right now. I'm here to keep myself accountable, so I promise I'll make more time to do challenges, workouts and spend some time on here! Feel free to friend me, too :)