Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do some running and hot yoga during my rest week for the same reason. With the low reps in Stage 6, I think I've pushed my weights a little too much. I have a very sore shoulder and a very sore quad muscle. I think my body actually needs this rest week.

Are you doing Stage 7 exactly as written? I'm not sure if I want to drop my weights enough to do 4 sets of 15 reps. I was thinking about doing 4 sets of 8, 10, and then 12 reps instead, all with the same weight.

What are you guys doing after Stage 7?
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    MyOwnSunshine! Dont drop the weight! The whole point of this stage is to burn fat so the muscle you have built throughout the program shows better. Let me tell you this stage is kicking my *kitten*. I did workout two last night and I wanted to quit on set two of squats. I pushed through though. It keeps my heartrate in the same range as when Im running, that is awesome! Stick to the program, only do the 30 second rests and push hard. Like you I didn't want to drop my weight but I did about a 20% drop in everything and that seemed to work well. Lets keep each other motivated!

- JoAnna
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    Okay -- I'll give it a try, because I really want to burn some fat! I'm starting on Tuesday or Thursday, depending on how I feel.

What are you doing after this? I'm debating Stronglifts or NROL Supercharged along with running.
  • mmtraining
    Options
    I am following the program and doing the reps listed. The first workout was harrrdd. i haven't sweat like that from just weights in a loong time! I am so sore today. If this is what it takes to burn off some fat and have those muscles shine through, I will take it!

I think I will do supercharged next. I went to the bookstore to get it today but they didn't have it, so i am ordering it from amazon right now.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Im thinking either supercharged or 12 weeks of stronglifts, haven't decided. Completed stage 7 wkout 3 today. I missed deadlifts! Love them. Hate the squats with one leg elevated. Blah! Keep me posted!

- JoAnna
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    Static lunges with rear foot elevated suck. That's all I have to say about that.
  • mmtraining
    Options
    2nd workout done today. I don't really care for the dumbell squats with heels elevated - I would prefer to just do regular barbell squats, but i will stick to the program. I have come too far to veer away from it now.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    After completing workout 2, I think Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Schuler are some sadistic *kitten*! LOL

Those dumbbell squats with heels raised on plates were crazy! I am going to have some wicked DOMS for the next few days. I'm going to try to run tomorrow, but probably won't go very far or very fast.

Is anyone going to repeat this stage?

It is so brutal and I hate every second while I'm doing it, but if I get some good fat loss results, I may think about doing it one more time.

I'm still having a hard time deciding between Supercharged and Stronglifts once I finish.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    I finished the 6th workout yesterday, I need to decide by tomorrow if Im going to do another round or not. LIke you said it is painful (good pain) but I think it would be beneficial to do it one more time. We shall see. Way to stick with it and keep kicking *kitten*!

- JoAnna
  • mmtraining
    Options
    I did workout #4 on the weekend, I *think* I am going to do this stage twice. It is difficult, it's kicking my butt every workout, but I am enjoying it. I haven't had DOMS after every workout consistently in any of the stages, so I have to think it's doing something good!

I have supercharged at home and just started reading it. I think I will start that after I finish NROL4W....and of course a nice full break week!
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing this stage again because I'm not really sure where to go after this. The increased sets/reps were tough, but I loved the increased cardio from it.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    I'm leaning towards repeating, too. I hate the workouts while I'm doing them, but I am getting good results.
  • mmtraining
    Options
    I just finished my second time through workout #1 in stage 7 - that is one hard workout. I was hoping to get up to 20 reps on each exercise (the first time through I just did 15), I was only able to do that on the lunges, push ups and some of the rows. My grip wouldn't let me do 20 reps of the deadlift.

Are you guys doing 15 or 20 reps in this stage?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    I did 15 (barely) the first time through. The second time through I'm trying to do 18 if I can. The third time, I'm shooting for 20, but I won't hit it on all the exercises.

This stage is killer! I kind of want to repeat, but I don't know if I have it in me.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Sunshine, Repeating a third time!? I most certainly don't have it in me. It is a mental battle as it is. Good luck if you really are!

- JoAnna
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    No, I'll be glad to make it through once!

I meant that the first workout I do 15, the second time for that workout I do 18, the third 20.

I'm seriously debating whether I'm up for repeating or not. LOL
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Oh gotcha! It is totally worth the second time through for a total of 12 workouts, but mentally tough. Ive seen great results that is why I contemplated a third time through, but not going to happen haha. Now I just need to figure out what to do next that will continue to give me the great results stage 7 has.

- JoAnna
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    5 down and 1 to go! I don't think I've ever had DOMS this bad in my legs.

I am going to commit to doing at least 2 more Stage 7 workouts (the squat and deadlifts), and perhaps a total of 4 more. I don't really think the bench/row lead-in days do that much for me, so I'm going to skip them and just rotate the squat and deadlift lead-in days.

Planning my Basic Training I Supercharged workouts and looking forward to a rest week. :smile:
  • baxgilter
    Options
    If you don't think that are doing anything, up the weight silly!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    And done! (with workout 6 of Stage 7)

I'm going to repeat a few because I'm not ready to take a rest week, so I'll do 2 to 4 more and then a rest week and then move on to Supercharged.