Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Well done Athletemcgoo! I did workout 3 last night, and likewise it was much better with lower weights. It was still really challenging, and yes, there was a lot of sweat here too! I kept to 30 seconds until the 4th set, when I had to go down to 45 to 60 secs, so I think I had the weights about right. I still needed a lie down afterwards! Apart from the first exercise, it is exactly the same as workout 1. I did some gentle cardio later, but my legs were a bit heavy, LOL!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'll be here in a week!

I finished stage 5 saturday and I am not doing stage 6. I will take a week off of lifting and focus on cardio . Hope to lose a couple pounds.
  • jbosick80
    jbosick80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Question: In stage 7 do you complete all of the workouts everyday in a row till finished or do you take breaks? I am just wondering as my week 7 will start the week before I am supposed to fly to Vegas for a wedding and was wondering if I could get them all done in one week??? Or would that be too much of a challenge???
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Question: In stage 7 do you complete all of the workouts everyday in a row till finished or do you take breaks? I am just wondering as my week 7 will start the week before I am supposed to fly to Vegas for a wedding and was wondering if I could get them all done in one week??? Or would that be too much of a challenge???

Don't forget the golden rule- never lift on consecutive days!! And believe me that is tripley so for stage 7, it might kill you :noway:

Do it 3 times a week or thereabouts, just like the rest. So with 6 workouts it will take you about 2 weeks, maybe a bit more.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I'VE FINISHED!!!

Don't think I will repeat Stage 7 after all - after the initial shock I managed fine. Next stop Stronglifts 5 x 5.
  • athletemcgoo
    athletemcgoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'VE FINISHED!!!

Don't think I will repeat Stage 7 after all - after the initial shock I managed fine. Next stop Stronglifts 5 x 5.

Did you find yourself going up in weight any? I have one more work out . . . . I have pretty much maintained during this stage, except for a few of the lifts I started VERY low on.

Not sure what to do next, so I may do Stage 7 again. We'll see.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I'VE FINISHED!!!

Did you find yourself going up in weight any? I have one more work out . . . . I have pretty much maintained during this stage, except for a few of the lifts I started VERY low on.

Not sure what to do next, so I may do Stage 7 again. We'll see.

Actually, I started way too high and nearly killed myself, so went right down then up again for the last 4 workouts - not as high as at the beginning though (I'd stupidly imagined I could use the weights I'd been used to in the other stages).
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I'm here!!!

I did 3 sets of 10.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    WO2 completed. I am doing 3 sets of 10. that's about half of the workout. Losing fat is my priority so I'm saving some energy to get on the treadmill after lifting. I have to say after WO2 I had very little energy. Those stanky step ups.... UGH.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back to NROLW for stage 7 starting on September 9th. I did an extended stage 1 from mid-Sept to end of Dec 2011, and then stages 2 and 3 in January-March of this year. I've been working my own lifting program for the past several months and ready for a change, so I'll be lurking around here for a bit this fall :smile:
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    almost done with my second round of stage 7. Been switching off the second round with the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred exercises. But I must say Stage 7 is a killer. and man my heart rate syk rockets. up to 180 at some points. I dont think I catch my breath at any point during the workout. I couldnt increase my weight too much in this stage, just tried to increase my reps by at least one. But I am happy to say that I finally achieved my goal of squatting my body weight. Almost there with dead lifts, 10 more lbs to go. But I am kinda looking forward to being done! I think Im going to give stronglifts 5x5 a go!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Almost done with stage 7. I have 2 more workouts. I plan on finishing this week.

I didn't work out for 12 days for various reasons.

I could only deadlift 75 pounds.
  • agthorn
    Options
    So, I did my first stage 7 yesterday, and amazingly, I can still walk today (barely). It *really* keeps your HR up the entire time! Some of my rests were longer than 30 seconds to catch my breath, and I felt like jello by the end, but I made it. I did 115 on the opening squats (lower than my max, since I'm coming off of a pretty long break) and then 15lb dumbbells for the lunges and DB row, incline pushups on the bench, and 70lb on the romanian deadlifts.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I need to go back and read this thread. I'm kind of glad I didn't do it before the workout. I HURT!!! I did 2 sets of 8 squats at 80lbs no prblem off to a good start. THen I did the first rotation. My step kept moving for teh static lunge so that sucked I turned around in the swquat rack and set the step at teh base of the rack to keep it from moving for the following rotations.
    anyway... static lunge, bar; puchups 10on the step, Deadlift 12 reps of 65lbs, rows 12 reps of 65 lbs.By the second rotation I wanted to die. I was ready to pass out with my heart pumping at 152 BPM. For the fourth rotation I wanted to hit the 15-20 reps so I only used teh bar for each exercise and was able to 15 reps of each. I can barely walk today and sitting down even hurts. I was cursing and swearing on my way out of the gym then I sat in the car until my head stopped spinning. Good workout all in all lol.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did the first workout on Monday, and today is Wednesday. I can still feel the achy muscles! Tough workout but I loved it.

Today I did the 2nd workout. Not quite as difficult for me, but my knee kept hurting during the squats w/heel elevated. Bummer!

Hope I hurt some tomorrow...that feeling just feels good & keeps me coming back for more!
  • samntha14
    Options
    You're a better woman than me. I hurt too much and skipped the gym.
  • agthorn
    Options
    I did workout 1 on Sunday (and yoga Monday) and could barely walk Tuesday when it came time for workout 2 - so yesterday and today were emergency rest days. Today I felt a little better but still sore in the hamstrings and inner thighs. I'm thinking I might be okay to trash myself with workout 2 tomorrow...
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I need to go back and read this thread. I'm kind of glad I didn't do it before the workout. I HURT!!! I did 2 sets of 8 squats at 80lbs no prblem off to a good start. THen I did the first rotation. My step kept moving for teh static lunge so that sucked I turned around in the swquat rack and set the step at teh base of the rack to keep it from moving for the following rotations.
    anyway... static lunge, bar; puchups 10on the step, Deadlift 12 reps of 65lbs, rows 12 reps of 65 lbs.By the second rotation I wanted to die. I was ready to pass out with my heart pumping at 152 BPM. For the fourth rotation I wanted to hit the 15-20 reps so I only used teh bar for each exercise and was able to 15 reps of each. I can barely walk today and sitting down even hurts. I was cursing and swearing on my way out of the gym then I sat in the car until my head stopped spinning. Good workout all in all lol.

You make me wish I had completed the final stage as written. :bigsmile: I am a sucker for punishment.

The last stage I did 3 sets of 10.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did workout 1 on Sunday (and yoga Monday) and could barely walk Tuesday when it came time for workout 2 - so yesterday and today were emergency rest days. Today I felt a little better but still sore in the hamstrings and inner thighs. I'm thinking I might be okay to trash myself with workout 2 tomorrow...

"emergency rest days" .....LOVE THIS!
  • samntha14
    Options

"emergency rest days" .....LOVE THIS!
    I agree with the "emergency rest days" I was ready to go back Friday, but I was just exhausted. I'm going today (Saturday)