Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Me before NROLFW: My workouts were at home with Jillian and Amy Bento KBs. I started working out Feb, 2010. I also start keeping track of what I eat. I was 150 lbs. at that point-I'm 36 now, 5'8". I have two kids-9 and 7 y.o. I lost 10 lbs. mainly with watching cals. In the next few months my hubs started going to the gym and I was so against it-I have kbs at home and the great outdoors. But then in August I started going to the gym too-cardio machines and kbs. I started looking into lifting and found NROLFW.
    I started the program at 145lbs. I didn't measure or take pics. But I didn't have any muscles show anywhere on my body, I couldn't do a chin up-one reason I wanted to be strong is to be able to do a chin up. I couldn't do half a chin up. I started with low weights:
    Squat-just the bar
    Deads-95lbs.
    Seated Row-50lbs.
    Step up-10lbs.
    Prone jackknife-was a *itch
    Shoulder Press-15lbs.
    Wide Grip Lat Pull-50lbs.
    Lunges-12lbs.

And finish on those with:
    Squat-115
    Deads-PR 205 for 1 set of 2, but train with 175-185
    Step up-35
    Prone Jckknife-that *itch is so easy now!
    Shoulder Press-35
    Lunges-35
    Wide Grip Pull- 95

And now I can do 4 chip ups. Also, I gained 5 lbs. then I dropped 3, but I went down a jean size and I was on the 3rd. whole on my belt, now I'm on the last. I can see muscles on my freaking middle! My butt went up and I can wear tank tops this summer. I'm so much stronger and I love it! I'll keep lifting and see what else can my body do!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating!!! Those are AMAZING results!!! You are so very strong. That deadlift in particular seems awesome. So glad you stuck with it and can't wait to see what you do next. Your post keeps me plugging away here to finish stages 5-7.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Great job, denine!! Really great....all the *stuff* that matters is demonstrated in your physique. (I think the scale number is immaterial.)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else in this stage right now?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else in this stage right now?

I finished it if you wish to talk about something specific :)
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Made it through one round of the 6 workouts but wish I had done 12. Hadn't taken many (any?) rest weeks and started to get a little burnt out towards the end. enjoyed the program though and think I will come back to it after a little time away or do something similar with heavy lifting.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the second round of the 6 workouts on Saturday. I found that instead of increasing my weight through the first round that by the end I had to drop most of them back 5 - 10 pounds over the initial drop I made (for example under hand lat pull down was 115 or more, started the first round at 100, dropped again today to 90). I like these circuts, but damn I'm tired!
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since anyone has posted in here. Please tell me I'm not suffering through Stage 7 alone. HOLY COW this stage is HARD!!
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since anyone has posted in here. Please tell me I'm not suffering through Stage 7 alone. HOLY COW this stage is HARD!!

You're not alone! I started Stage 7 on Monday. Couldn't agree more it is hard!! But it's good.

Dropped the weights down quite a bit, too.... huffing & puffing.... throwing out curse words here & there.... :laugh:

I'm planning to do 2 rounds, that'll have me finished by July 4th, and a rest / recovery week coinciding with vacation.
  • Jennifer0878
    Options
    Yay!! I'm NOT in this alone!! I was supposed to do Workout 3 today, but I ended up doing a Dailey Method Class with some friends last night, and I am waaaaaay too sore to try to lift today.

I hated lowering my weights, but I had to! These workouts are KILLERS!! My goal is to be done by the end of June. After that, I'm probably going to take a week or two off before moving on to something else.

What are you going to do after NROLFW?
  • anastasiaBH
    Options
    Not sure what's next after NR.... I might move on to StrongLifts, I might try out a crossfit place (they offer free trial class on Saturday mornings). We'll see!

However, initially, the same as you .... A WEEK OFF!!!

:happy:
  • Jennifer0878
    Options
    I just tried The Dailey Method last week for the first time and really liked that. I also picked up a tennis racket for the first time in 2 years and LOVED it. I really enjoy lifting, but I might ease up a bit on it this summer and try to get outside more. It was really depressing working out in my basement this morning. I was outside at the pool or playing tennis this past weekend and I really enjoyed the sun and fresh air.

I did Workout 4 today and I didn't really want to do it. I feel like I kind of half-@ssed it a little bit. I lowered my weights (again) and I still thought I was going to die. Maybe all the tennis and swimming wasn't enough of a break to let my body get the rest it needed. I was so sore this morning that I didn't think I would be able to even hold my dumbbells. Ha!!
  • anastasiaBH
    Options
    Oooh, tennis. Hubby and I play during the summer, too. We don't keep score, just smack a ball around for an hour or more & work up a good sweat.

I agree with you completely, though. Less basement, more outdoors, and just enjoy myself. If I find I'm longing for the weights again, I know I have them....
  • anastasiaBH
    Options
    FINISHED!!! Today was Stage 7, #12. *pats self on back*
    I'm so thrilled, I wrote a blog post about it, "Medium (and the completion of NROLFW)".

A week off, then on to the next adventure!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Congrats, anastasia!! Really well done.

I start Stage 7, today. I hope to finish the 12 sessions by the end of July.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    HOLY CRAP IS THIS STAGE H-A-R-D!!

I *knew*, going into it, to drop my weight, but I SERIOUSLY struggled with the 30 s rest periods. First off, the power rack was busy, so I decided to do the circuit-piece FIRST, and hope the power rack was empty so that I could circle back at the end of the 4 sets of circuit-work and do the back squats. I took 60 s rests through the first reps, because set-up of each of the 4 actually took that long. Then, I did two full reps with 30 s rests and just about VOMITED, my heart rate was SKY-HIGH and I was dizzy! So, I took 60 s rests for the last rep. And, I was SO drained that I dropped my weight on the back squats back to 65 lb.

NROLFW Exercise Tracker
    Stage Seven 1
    Jul-03
    Work Out One Weight Reps Sets Rest
    Barbell squat (back squat) 65 lb 8 2 90s
    Static lunge, rear foot elevated 15 DB's 15 4 30s
    Push UP (on smith machine) 5th/6th 15 4 30s
    Barbell Romanian deadlift 80 lb 15 4 30s
    Dumbbell bent-over row 15 DB's 15 4 30s
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Is it just you n me Beeps?

I'm starting on Sunday. Can't wait! Relaxing with some pilates and spinning this week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Jul-06
    Work Out Two Weight Reps Sets Rest
    Barbell Incline Bench Press 65 lb 8 2 90s
    Seated Row 85 lb 8 2 90s
    Dumbbell squat, heels raised on plates 15 DB 15 4 30s
    Dumbbell shoulder press 15 DB 15 4 30s
    Step Up 10 DB 15 2 30s
    BW only 2
    Underhand grip lat pulldown 80 lb 15 4 30s

The BB incline bench press was busy when I started my work-out....so, I actually did this at the very END of my work-out. I warmed up with just the OB and then decided to try 65 lb. I was TIRED at the end of the 2nd set....which was too bad - because I can usually do 85 lb on a normal bench press without too much trouble. So, I'm not sure if I would have done higher weights if I'd done it at the beginning of the session (which is where it's supposed to be)?

I'm also pretty embarrassed that I had to drop back to plain ol' body-weight for my step-ups. Let's just say the "circuit-style" makes me REALLY tired and, as soon as my form lapsed, I dropped the weights completely.

These are TOUGH work-outs. TOUGH. I tried to keep 30s rests between the circuits, but when my heart-rate was racing, I sometimes took a longer break.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Starting Stage 7 tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it...sort of! Glad to know that others have made it through, and that I'm certain to be dropping a bit of the weight on this stage.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That was tough! First day of Stage 7, but made it through. Aside from the Squat, I basically stuck with 30 lbs. on everything. I was able to get through all my push ups on the ground though! I'm pretty excited about that! "Man Push-Ups," baby!!