Wedding Invitations!

Hey ladies!

What are you doing for your invitations?! We had a friend design them for us since I wanted a Madlib for our RSVP and now I can't figure out who to have print them! Any suggestions? :)

Here's a draft of our RSVP

2rco1ub.png

Replies

• Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Still undecided what I'm doing.

I'm going to try and DIY these: http://acrosthec.weebly.com/labor-of-love.html

If that doesn't work, then I'm going to order these: http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Weddings/Wedding-Invitations/Wedding-Invitation/Pocket/Stylish-Duet-Wedding-Invitation
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Those are both beautiful! I might have to use the envelope template from that first one to do our envelopes!!! So pretty!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    I LOVE OUR INVITATIONS!!!!!!!

epobko.jpg

They are perfect for a destination wedding because they look like old-fashioned airplane tickets :)

I went with MagnetStreet for both our Save-the-Dates and our invitations. Got a great deal on July 4th weekend, although they tend to have great sales around any holiday (up to 50% off and free shipping). https://www.magnetstreet.com/love-airways-flat-tea-length-wedding-invitations
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    These are our invites: zsl8gg.png

We ordered from Vistaprint because no one ever saves an invtitation from a wedding so I didn't want to waste the money on expensive ones. I had a LivingSocial coupon so I paid $7 for shipping and then $10 for the coupon ($50 value) for 50 of them. Also ordered the reply cards and save the dates in the same print.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Elizabeth - I totally love your invites!

Nicky - I love the mad-lib response cards! Have you thought about buying specialty paper/cardstock from Staples and either having them print them up or print them yourselves? They should carry practically any color you would want.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    543395_946844259722_1250137486_n.jpg
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Sorry the photo is a bit big. You can view the whole thing but left clicking and viewing image.

This is the front of our invites. We designed and printed them ourselves.
  • nickyeatrunread
    Yeah, I think when it comes down to it, I might very well end up at staples! I love Vistaprint and did our Save the Dates there and want to get Thank you postcards as well, but they aren't an option for the Invites, since I want to use off-white paper! Oops!~

You all have such lovely invitations!!! Can't believe it's almost time to send them out!!!
  • lawyerette
    Mailed mine yesterday :)
  • http://www.etsy.com/listing/112033455/adorable-kraft-wedding-invitations?ref=usr_faveitems

These are what we are doing for invites. I saw ones very similar to them on pinterest and found them on etsy! I absolutely love these! We might tie a little lace around them too!

the madlib is cute! and also the old fashioned plane ticket!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Got my invitations on clearance at Michaels' craft store.

Previously, I was going to make my own via Microsoft Publisher and use Staples to print.

Yet, when I saw a package of 40 invitations/RSVP cards at $9.98 -- it was a deal I could not refuse.

Even though, we are inviting 40 people - I purchased 2 boxes just in case.
    Thinking any leftover invitations could be used for directions to church/reception or thank you cards.
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    These are the sample of my Invitations. I bought DIY kits through wilton that were pocket fold and will be doing them up myself :)

5fit1t.jpg
  • nickyeatrunread
    Pretty, Jeskya!

I ended up ordering ours from GotPrint and can't wait to see them in person! My goal this weekend is to print out the envelopes on the printer--I made a cute template for them!
  • nickyeatrunread
    Got our first RSVP back! I'm so excited!

I'm really happy I went with the mad lib idea and also asked for song recommendations--it's going to be fun to see what everyone else fills out! :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Got our first RSVP back! I'm so excited!

I'm really happy I went with the mad lib idea and also asked for song recommendations--it's going to be fun to see what everyone else fills out! :)

I did the same with my RSVP!! It's about half mad-lib style, half song request.

I'll have to take a picture of my invites later and upload it =) They went out in the mail this week, I can't wait for my rsvp's to start coming in!
  • lawyerette
    Did everyone do response cards? We're doing our RSVPs electronically through the wedding website. ~E
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Did everyone do response cards? We're doing our RSVPs electronically through the wedding website. ~E

We did because I think many of the people we invited don't use a computer. Fiance's family is behind the times. LOL.
  • nickyeatrunread

I went with the paper RSVPs because I just fell in love with my madlib idea and thought they'd be a fun keepsake after the wedding. Plus, like tandksmommy, I don't think a majority of my family would've done well with the computer stuff!
  • Learning2LoveMe

I thought about going electronic, I can only think of one person who would have needed help with it. But in the end I wanted to stick the responses we get back in our wedding album, or maybe a separate wedding scrapbook with a copy of our invites of course.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    I love all of the ones you guys have posted. It's fun to see so many different and creative invitations! We bought some 50% off at Hobby Lobby, but haven't decided what to print on them yet.

How many months before the wedding should they be mailed out? Two?

Thanks!