January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Yesterday was a close one. I've had the ugly binge monster hovering over me all week. I've been known to use the weekend as an excuse to lose control of my eating. Also, if I'd eaten a big meal early and didn't leave much room for the rest of the day, I used to give in and ruin the rest of the day. BUT I went to the gym, which gave me more cals to consume and kept telling myself "I will not binge!!" over and over again. I think I've gotten that control back and will enjoy the rest of my weekend w/o worrying if I'll binge.

Me: 24
    Binge: 1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Danger of Perfectionistic Expectations

“Perfectionism is a state of mind.”

As we pursue change in your life, there are going to be times when you fall back into your old negative patterns. It happens. When it does, most likely you’ll feel completely furious with yourself and consider giving up. But wait! Before you do anything drastic – think about it first.

Believing that if you can’t do something completely right, you may as well not do it at all, is at the heart of perfectionism. And this is something that’s derailed countless women trying to improve their lives.

Here’s the truth: it’s great to want to do something well; most people want to be successful. But that’s not the same as needing to be perfect.

If you’re expecting perfection, you’re almost bound to fail because when it comes to making significant life changes, there’s no such thing as perfection. There will be times that you return to your old ways; times you go a little off track. The real trick is not letting these times throw you completely off course. Regain your composure, praise yourself for the progress you have made so far.

You really are doing great!

©Jane Powell – Meditations for Women

Today’s Affirmation: I have let go of my perfectionistic expectations.

Wonderful affirmation, Mollie, thankyou for sharing.
    I am so very guilty of this. So many things I either wont even try, or have given up on, because I did not feel I would be good enough, or because I was not instantly good at them. Hence, I have not even attempted to write in sometime, nor draw and it took me years and encouragement from someone else for me to voice test for our city's philharmonic choir.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Yikes! Yesterday was a close one. I've had the ugly binge monster hovering over me all week. I've been known to use the weekend as an excuse to lose control of my eating. Also, if I'd eaten a big meal early and didn't leave much room for the rest of the day, I used to give in and ruin the rest of the day. BUT I went to the gym, which gave me more cals to consume and kept telling myself "I will not binge!!" over and over again. I think I've gotten that control back and will enjoy the rest of my weekend w/o worrying if I'll binge.

Me: 24
    Binge: 1

I am the same way. If I see I am close to my daily calories early on, or have a large meal out etc, I just seem to give up and eat whatever I want the rest of the day. I have lately been having quite a lot of food before bed, but I just workout as soon as I get up and usually end up below my goal anyway.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me - 13.
    Binge - 13.

Broken even.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 26
    Binge - 0
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Michelle - 26
    Binge - 0

Fabulous!!!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Me - 13.
    Binge - 13.

Broken even.
    Wonderful!! Keep up the good work! Nice come back!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 20

The Binge 6 (5th, 6th, 13th, 17th,19th, 21st)

Log it all: 24 / 31 (skipped - 17th, 26th)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 19
    The Binge - 7

Logging days - 14 // 31
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/26/12

Rachael - 24
    The Binge - 2 (1/20), (1/25)

Going to do everything I can to not have anymore binge days this month. Even got some more healthy food at the store today.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Michelle - 26
    Binge - 0

That's awesome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 19

The Binge 7 (5th, 6th, 13th, 17th,19th, 21st, 26th)

Log it all: 24 / 31 (skipped - 17th, 26th)
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me: 21
    Binge: 5

Logged it all: 22/5
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-26-13
    Jul: 22
    Binge: 4 (1/11, 1/18, 1/20, 1/21)

Finally losing weight.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 26 2013

Colleen - 17
    The Binge- 9
    Days finished logging- 21

Rough weekend. I hope to finish the month with more non-binge days! Today I decided that I need more accountability and joined Weight Watchers again. I need the in-person weigh-ins to give me accountability. At first I thought the group meeting thing made it competitive and made me judge myself against others, but I really gotta do something to keep me a little bit more accountable. I will continue to check into this challenge, though, since I still need the support from folks who understand my binge eating problem.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me - 13.
    Binge - 14.

Not quite ready to risk having anything in more than 1 serving around the home, it seems, lol.
    Still, I guess I got to try those smores poptarts everyone had been going on about, and had my ice cream fix for the next few weeks.
    Not craving today, fortunately. Just deciding whether to hit the gym, or have a day off in spite of the binge, since I only had 3 hours sleep and a heavy workout yesterday and didn't get up til 5pm today(now nearly 6pm). I have not had a day off from exercise in 7 days. But I also went over goal by over 2000 calories, and over maintenance by about 1600, so not sure what to do.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-27-13
    Jul: 23
    Binge: 4 (1/11, 1/18, 1/20, 1/21)

Was hungry today, but ate under my goal still. Some real workouts in this week.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me - 13.
    Binge - 14.

Not quite ready to risk having anything in more than 1 serving around the home, it seems, lol.
    Still, I guess I got to try those smores poptarts everyone had been going on about, and had my ice cream fix for the next few weeks.
    Not craving today, fortunately. Just deciding whether to hit the gym, or have a day off in spite of the binge, since I only had 3 hours sleep and a heavy workout yesterday and didn't get up til 5pm today(now nearly 6pm). I have not had a day off from exercise in 7 days. But I also went over goal by over 2000 calories, and over maintenance by about 1600, so not sure what to do.

In the end, I hit the gym hard, even though it was the sort of time I am usually showering and settling down for the evening.
    I don't want to fall back into the habit of cutting exercise because of a binge. I had an overeat, I also ate under my goal for the five days prior and no doubt will be under for the next five days, so it will balance out.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Diane - 18
    The Binge - 8
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    January 27

Jen: 27
    Binge: 0