Weight Gain and Age

Options
13»

Replies

• brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forties! I think I can speak for most of us that we have all experienced some form of this. Worst of all it kind of just sneaks up and suddenly you realize you're not the same as your younger self...as depressing as it sometimes can be!
    Everyone obviously reacts differently to a lifestyle change, but you will find one that works for YOU!
    I personally have had the best success with eating every two to three hours and making sure there is adequate protein in each meal. I spend a couple hours each Sunday preparing all of my meals (for work) for the following week, put them in plastic containers and freeze them. I have managed to keep this up for seven years now and it's just natural.
    Good luck! We are all here for you!
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Okay- I lost 2 of the 7 holiday pounds. On the right track - 40 or not !!
    So, I gained 7 holiday pounds so I'm back to trying to drop that weight. My trainer tells me to eat 1200 calories a day, work out with weights at least 2 days a week and cardio 5-6 days per week. That seems extreme to me. However, maybe it works? I'm just not willing to starve myself.