January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky-17
    Binge-11

I haven't checked in since Friday morning. It was not a good weekend in the food dept...any progress I made last week was quickly undone. I had a binge or at least the feeling of being out of control at some point each day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yesterdway was easy to not binge, I was barely hungry.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 23
    Binge 6

Trying to break the cycle, but I feel really good seeing 23 binge-free days this month so far ;-) I have learned this month, ONCE again that crash diets just don't work for me. I get some weight off but then gain it all back plus some in a few days!!! If I didn't binge then I would get to a good weight for my body, so I have got to work through some of this stuff...work in progress :-)

Oh and just realized I counted today as a "me" day==hopefully I won't have to come back and change it. I am not feeling all that great today so pretty sure I won't binge.
    Crash diets don't work for me as well. If I go a few days with very low calorie amts, all kinds of cravings hit me hard and that's when I start binging. I'm still working on being able to enjoy food without losing control, though. You're doing really well! 23 days bing free is an awesome feat :)
  • stephs0214
    Options
    Greeky-17
    Binge-11

I haven't checked in since Friday morning. It was not a good weekend in the food dept...any progress I made last week was quickly undone. I had a binge or at least the feeling of being out of control at some point each day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yesterdway was easy to not binge, I was barely hungry.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, You're still beating the binge and that is great progress. Let's all challenge ourselves to finish the rest of the month binge-free!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 15.
    Binge - 14.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    ~ 1.29.13 ~

Me: 18

The Binge: 11 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11, 1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 1/23, 1/24, 1/25)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 21

The Binge 8 (5th, 6th, 13th, 17th,19th, 21st, 26th, 29th)

Log it all: 25 / 31 (skipped - 17th, 26th, 29th)
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    1/29

Suzanne: 26
    Binge: 3
    Logged- 29/31
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-29-13
    Jul: 25
    Binge: 4 (1/11, 1/18, 1/20, 1/21)

The best I've been in months. I feel..'fixed', but will always (?) be a work in progress.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 29
    Binge - 0
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/29/12

Rachael - 27
    The Binge - 2 (1/20), (1/25)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 21
    The Binge - 8

Logging days - 16 / 31
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    1-29-13
    Jul: 25
    Binge: 4 (1/11, 1/18, 1/20, 1/21)

The best I've been in months. I feel..'fixed', but will always (?) be a work in progress.

Amazing! Anything different you did?
  • Jul158
    Options
    I would never want to push a diet choice on here but I've been transitioning into the Paleo lifestyle this past month which I truly credit for curbing my binges. Paleo taught me things I didn't expect. Because I no longer turn to carbs to binge (not allowed on Paleo other than produce), I am eating whole foods and increasing my fat intake drastically to get the nutrients I need. I used to avoid fat. But eating it from natural, healthy sources has kept me full and in a good mind frame. While it is certainly not for everyone, I do believe there is a style of eating that fit people perfectly, to each her own! This one is helping me : )
    It also helps that my roommate is doing it too so there is no carb 'temptation' around! I'm making sweet treats from scratch and appreciating food since I'm in control of it.

I realized that if 'I do the same things, I will get the same results', I needed a major overhaul.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 29 2013

Colleen - 20
    The Binge- 9
    Days finished logging- 24

I love that I am whooping December's butt!!
  • stephs0214
    Options
    January 30th:

Me-28
    Binge-1

Edited to add: I thought I had been doing so well with making great progress at decreasing my binges dramatically. I was finally right on track to getting to my Ultimate goal weight for my bday, but when I weighed myself last night, I was a couple lbs heavier. I was back to what I was around the holidays. What the Heck? The bf ordered pizza, and my mindset was exactly where the binge wanted me. I felt it didn't matter; I was gaining anyway BUT I don't want the binge to take me over anymore. I don't want to lose that control anymore. It has taken me YEARS just to get to where I am today. I was upset after seeing the scale, but it's just a number. I will not let the scale determine my moods like I always have before. I have to focus on that since I've started to lift weights, I've lost a couple inches and my clothes feel a little looser than it did last year. I know that it's due to the progress I've made with myself.
    It'd be really great if I can get to my goal weight by my birthday, but if I don't, I'm still gonna take my vacation and celebrate the wonderful life and the struggles I've had for the past 30 years!
  • Jul158
    Options
    Whoops! My previous post didn't quote what I was replying to, but I was talking to Iceyrain about what has been working for me :smile:
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Rochelle - 29
    Binge - 0

I'm so close I can taste success. I owe it all to getting rid of my scale until feb 1st..not getting possibly discouraged by the numbers is really helping - I recommend everyone try it for one month...
  • stephs0214
    Options
    Rochelle - 29
    Binge - 0

I'm so close I can taste success. I owe it all to getting rid of my scale until feb 1st..not getting possibly discouraged by the numbers is really helping - I recommend everyone try it for one month...
    WOW! Great job!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    I would never want to push a diet choice on here but I've been transitioning into the Paleo lifestyle this past month which I truly credit for curbing my binges. Paleo taught me things I didn't expect. Because I no longer turn to carbs to binge (not allowed on Paleo other than produce), I am eating whole foods and increasing my fat intake drastically to get the nutrients I need. I used to avoid fat. But eating it from natural, healthy sources has kept me full and in a good mind frame. While it is certainly not for everyone, I do believe there is a style of eating that fit people perfectly, to each her own! This one is helping me : )
    It also helps that my roommate is doing it too so there is no carb 'temptation' around! I'm making sweet treats from scratch and appreciating food since I'm in control of it.

I realized that if 'I do the same things, I will get the same results', I needed a major overhaul.

I've noticed when I eat lower carbs and higher fat/protein the cravings arent so bad. Glad you have your roomate to do the plan with you! Sounds awesome. =)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    ~ 1.30.13 ~

Me: 19

The Binge: 11 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11, 1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 1/23, 1/24, 1/25)

ASKING FOR OPINIONS ON THIS:

I was up late last night, woke up this morning at 10 ish AM..
    Ate breakfast...then I slipped and had more... so it was overeating, and it wasn't anything to do with hunger. I will not list the foods on here... but it could be considered binge trigger foods for me. Anyhow, I ate them and then it's 11-11:30 and I am at 1,200 calories total. That would be normal if I had waken up at 6AM - ate breakfast, morning snack, and then lunch.... BUT, i didn't . I got to 1,200 calories within one hour of being awake. Do I classify that as a binge?: Would you consider it one?
    I know I can still make it to my calorie goal today... even if I eat at maintaince calories..

I didn't mark it as a binge because I don't want the mark on my calendar to make me feel guilt and actually eat more.. I feel like it could do that, so maybe I'm in denial right now but ....I guess I'm helping myself get the best results after this slip up.

Just wanted everyones opinions on that, for next time.. sometimes I'm so lost at how to classify a binge. I know some of you had told me it's more of a mindset. Sometimes it confuses me. But I'll admit I feel pretty full now, that was too much food. :/