Starting this week-who's in?

Options

Replies

• erinkelly77
    Options
    Good to hear about Cardio 1 getting better! I am switching my rest days to accomodate a doctors appointment early in the AM tomorrow (doctor wants me at rest). So i'm back to Cardio 1 on Saturday. Then Week 2 begins on Sunday!
  • KTyuen
    KTyuen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are traveling this weekend for a family chinese new year's celebration. So I'm not resting tomorrow I am going to just do a bonus day of workout 1 and workout 2 and then resting saturday, so I will be starting week 2 on Sunday as well. I'm happy to NOT have to do two workouts a day everyday, but will still try to do the cardio dvd in addition to most days.

Excited you are on the same schedule - hope we can keep each other motivated! I'm also excited to start the additional foods that are in her regular menu - not on the kickstart meal plan. Did you do the kickstart meal plan? I have been doing it - and it's definitely been a struggle. I heat and chug warm water all morning long because I'm still hungry!
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cardio One - Uggh I hate the running man, it kills me every time. But I am on day 6, which is Cardio One twice. T
    he first time I did Cardio One - on Day 1 (I'm doing it daily because I'm doing kickstart), I had to stop each time we did the running man, at least three times, during the 60 seconds. I am proud to say that I can complete the full minute of running man now - it hurts like heck, but I can do it!
    My point is, the Cardio One dvd is definitely hard, but keep pushing ladies it will get easier as the week goes on!

Haha, running man gets me too.......I can get through everything but that! Hopefully by the end of phase 1 I will have it conquered!
  • KTyuen
    Options
    it doesn't help that when you are doing the Cardio One DVD, Omar is chewing gum. It frustrates me because I'm breathing really heavy (I have asthma) and Omar looks like he is still waiting for the darn workout to start.
    My husband laughs at me because I get really mad when they show the close up of him in the one scene and you can tell he's chewing gum, and hanging out, these moves aren't hard to him at all. really I'm just incredibly jealous!
  • hamichel28
    Options
    Finished Day 4 today..planks are so hard for me! I really hope by the end I can do the plank the whole time. Listening to everyone say the running man gets them...me too! How about those kicks with the arm circles..ughh!
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How about those kicks with the arm circles..ughh!

Those are the bane of my existence. I'm looking forward to doing it again, though, to see if I've gotten any better at them. I was really struggling by the third circuit.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How has your Week 1 been, everyone? My weigh-in day is tomorrow; I am curious how you have done! Wanna share? I will post mine in the am....

I have been feeling ok; not as sore as expected. I had to alter the workout schedule and made Friday my day off. Today I am doing Cardio 1, and I am moving to Week 2 workout tomorrow. As far as the diet is concerned, I know I need to work on getting the recommended 8 glasses of water; I had a few days when I had 6-7. I did ok with food, I think. I tried to follow Jillian's diet plan for the kickstart week, but I had a few meals that I just had store-bought stuffed chicken breasts with veggies/salad. Quick and easy to make. Not too much sodium, either. I also made JM's turkey burgers for dinner, but ate them with a salad instead of the baked veggies (carrots and brussels, I think) that she recommended. My diary should be open (I think), so you can check it out or send me a friend request if we have not connected yet.

I will try to follow the meal plan in the coming weeks, and today I am planning to figure out what I am going to cook during the week and go grocery shopping. I am ready to reintroduce some carbs and fruit to my diet!
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started last week too :) I replace the cardio session by turbofire classes as I love Charlene! I also play competitive badminton so it's a mixture but I will try and do 4x strength training.

feel free to add me :)) good luck everyone..
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    This morning was day 2 of week 2.

I definitely could do things harder and longer - but still not nailing EVERYTHING. I may repeat one week just to get everything nailed before moving on.

But after a week (and 2 days) I already feel stronger. My evening runs are going better. Can't wait to see how much further I progress!
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9 and just completed Phase 1 Workout 2. Yesterday was a breeze - I did the more advanced variations of each move. Today, I could barely keep up with the easier variations. Last night's dinner was my one weekly cheat meal, but I also had a cupcake today and had a stomachache all day, so hopefully it's just from eating crap and not that I'm coming down with something.
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Second week, workout 1 - finished! I upped my weights from 3lb to 6lb, and was definitely feeling it in the lateral raises and tricep work. But I have to push myself in order to improve, and I intend to do exactly that! I've started doing the advanced moves for some of the circuits - jumping with the squats, adding weights to the sumo squats, doing the oblique crunches with the standing abductions...
    I'm afraid I'm going to come down with the flu this week, though. My boyfriend has it, and I really, *really* don't want to fall behind on these workouts already. :( But sickness happens, and I guess I'll just deal with whatever comes.
  • earbour
    earbour Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and would love to join your group. I did WW years ago and was most successful when I participated in the online community.

I just did my first day of JMBR and am doing the Kick Start program (including meal plan) to get the ball rolling. I'm a pretty active person and have been doing 2x a week bootcamps at a local gym for almost a year, but my weight hasn't budged. (I'm a snacker and must be stopped!) so I'm really hoping the food plan will help me.

I have at least 20lbs to lose (to start anyway). I'm 33, 5'5" and 167lbs. I gained 60lbs with my 1st pregnancy and have never managed to work off those last sticky lbs.
  • KTyuen
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm really hoping this thread will help keep me on track. I am on Day 11. On Tue-Thur I don't do my workouts until the afternoon, so haven't done it for today yet. I have noticed that since I did KickStart and now only do one workout a day - I am pushing myself a lot harder, because I don't feel I have to save anything for a later workout. Went out and bought 8 lb weights this weekend and am using them more frequently now. I need to get a Heavy weight for some of the moves where she says to use your heaviest. But, budget constraints, so I will work with what I have for a little bit.

I am also coming down with something - but hoping to sweat it out. Loved both the blueberry banana muffins and the choc covered bananas that I made over the weekend - highly recommend both of those. Happy to be out of the KickStart meal plan and into the regular one - I am finding it more satisfying. But, I still love the avocado, tomato and poached egg breakfast on the weekends.

Don't get discouraged if you don't notice a weight loss as quickly as you'd like. My scale didn't budge for days - then all of a sudden I had a big jump - just wanted to share that in case anyone is getting down about the scale (I have to have my hubby hide it from me or I obsess over it).
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I had to skip my morning workout! I'm not feeling 100% and I knew that extra 45 minutes of sleep would be what I needed. Rearranging my evening so I can get both Cardio 1 in and some time on the elliptical at the gym.

I used to rearrange my schedule for happy hour. Now I'm doing it to work out? Amazing!
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    So today was the last of Phase 1 Workout 1. I am STILL not 100% on the pushups - I don't know if my form is off - but I can never seem to get my arms in the right position.

I can hold the planks like a champ. I lack coordination and my bicycle crunches look hilariously awkward - but I get them done. I am debating repating Phase 1 for another week. Possibly doing all of the Phases an extra week - so taking somewhere around 110 days to finish the program. I will see how tomorrow goes for Workout 2.
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Erin, let me know what you decide. I might repeat Phase 1 for an extra week, too. Last night's workout (P1C1) was just as difficult as the previous night's (P1W2) was despite the previous week being manageable. And then this morning I woke up with a horribly sore throat so now it's all making sense. I'm not going to skip a workout unless I actually become sick, but I definitely half-a**ed it a little last night and Monday night because I was so exhausted and light-headed, so I might benefit from an additional week before moving on.

Are you doing the pushups modified or military-style? I can rock them modified but military style is almost impossible after the third one. I benefit more from good form than from difficulty with poor form, so I'm sticking with modified for now.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have also been thinking about extending each Phase by one week. I have a lot of weight to lose and won't reach my goals by the end of 90 days, so a few extra weeks seem reasonable. Erin & Gatorgirl, are you guys set on longer Phases?
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I AM going to repeat Phase 1 - just for a week. Like GatorGirly - I am coming down with something. I intend on trying to sweat it out as long as I can - but my workouts may not be as strong and hard as I would like.

And I can do 3 military pushups - then go back to modified - but I feel like my arm length and my leg length aren't proportionate - so I'm not really able to do them without my butt sticking high up in the air. Then I try to get my form back - and it's time to move on.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how much weight everyone lost after completing phase 1? Thanks!
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I'm technically finishing Phase 1 tomorrow AM - but am repeating it for 1 week. After the first 8 days I lost 5 pounds. I have yet to take inches - but will probably do it this weekend then just track that from now on.