Jen - 29
    Binge - 0

Log it all: 29/31
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ~ 1.30.13 ~

Me: 19

The Binge: 11 (1/2,1/3,1/4, 1/10,1/11, 1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 1/23, 1/24, 1/25)

ASKING FOR OPINIONS ON THIS:

I was up late last night, woke up this morning at 10 ish AM..
    Ate breakfast...then I slipped and had more... so it was overeating, and it wasn't anything to do with hunger. I will not list the foods on here... but it could be considered binge trigger foods for me. Anyhow, I ate them and then it's 11-11:30 and I am at 1,200 calories total. That would be normal if I had waken up at 6AM - ate breakfast, morning snack, and then lunch.... BUT, i didn't . I got to 1,200 calories within one hour of being awake. Do I classify that as a binge?: Would you consider it one?
    I know I can still make it to my calorie goal today... even if I eat at maintaince calories..

I didn't mark it as a binge because I don't want the mark on my calendar to make me feel guilt and actually eat more.. I feel like it could do that, so maybe I'm in denial right now but ....I guess I'm helping myself get the best results after this slip up.

Just wanted everyones opinions on that, for next time.. sometimes I'm so lost at how to classify a binge. I know some of you had told me it's more of a mindset. Sometimes it confuses me. But I'll admit I feel pretty full now, that was too much food. :/
    I hear ya. I've had to stop and ask myself what a binge is to me as opposed to just overeating. Only you know yourself, and everyone has different opinions of what a binge is to them. A binge to me may or may not be a binge to you. That's why I think Mollie doesn't outline the binge when she begins these challenges because, again, her binges may not be the same as mine or yours.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky-18
    Binge-11

Yesterday I ate crap and went over goal but I would not classify it as a binge (for ME) because I felt completely in control and was very mindful when I ate it. Logged it and finished my diary for yesterday.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1-30-13
    Jul: 26
    Binge: 4 (1/11, 1/18, 1/20, 1/21)

In December I binged 9 times with 21 days for me. I am seeing progress. I feel proud, haven't felt this way in awhile.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 16.
    Binge - 14.

Almost, almost. I did eat rather a lot in the night but managed to stop myself which is surprising given I have a few bags of chocolate eggs in my freezer.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 30
    Binge - 0

One more day!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 22
    The Binge - 8

Logging days - 17 / 31
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Michelle - 30
    Binge - 0

One more day!

You are doing awesome, almost a whole month without a single binge! So proud of you.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1/30/12

Rachael - 28
    The Binge - 2 (1/20), (1/25)

Major improvement compared to last month where a good half of the month was a disaster. Aiming to keep the number at 2 to end the month tomorrow.
  • jackieKNJ
    Options
    Hi, I'm new My Fitness Pal, and this is the first group I have joined. For about 6 months, I worked out excessively and limited my calorie intake. I lost 40 pounds.
    Everytime I looked in the mirror, I thought, "I could be a little thinner." At my lowest, I was underweight. Of course, I couldn't sustain my lifestye with such little calories and as much exercise. So I started binging, here and there. As time went by, I ate more and more on my binges--sugars and carbs all the way!
    By the time I realized I had a disorder, the weight was back. My clothes didn't fit (pre-weight loss), and I was constantly bloated from the junk. I became distant from my friends and family, antisocial, and very critical of myself, which led to more binging (Surprise, Surprise!).
    When the fasting and dieting stopped working for me, and binging became more of an everyday thing, I opened up to my mom. She struggled with the same thing all her life. Now, I am seeing a psychologist. Fingers crossed!

It just feels nice knowing I am not the only one struggling. Any advice to stop the binges in the long-term?
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    January 30 2013

Colleen - 21
    The Binge- 9
    Days finished logging- 25

As some of my friends on here might know, I watched the Biggest Loser last night. It made me want to binge hardcore. A couple of my friends on here and FB agreed with me that it triggers something in them. So weird! I immediately switched to something else. I don't need a television show to make me feel guilty because I skipped ONE workout when my eating was flawless that day.

Yes, I'm that complicated. :blushing:
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new My Fitness Pal, and this is the first group I have joined. For about 6 months, I worked out excessively and limited my calorie intake. I lost 40 pounds.
    Everytime I looked in the mirror, I thought, "I could be a little thinner." At my lowest, I was underweight. Of course, I couldn't sustain my lifestye with such little calories and as much exercise. So I started binging, here and there. As time went by, I ate more and more on my binges--sugars and carbs all the way!
    By the time I realized I had a disorder, the weight was back. My clothes didn't fit (pre-weight loss), and I was constantly bloated from the junk. I became distant from my friends and family, antisocial, and very critical of myself, which led to more binging (Surprise, Surprise!).
    When the fasting and dieting stopped working for me, and binging became more of an everyday thing, I opened up to my mom. She struggled with the same thing all her life. Now, I am seeing a psychologist. Fingers crossed!

It just feels nice knowing I am not the only one struggling. Any advice to stop the binges in the long-term?

Hi, and welcome! One thing that helps for me is to record how I feel after I eat, both physically and emotionally. It helps to see how I felt after my last binge and makes me less likely to do it again. Not only that, but it really makes me "in tune" with my body.

I also try to keep my workouts moderate and consistent...I find that hard workouts give me an insatiable appetite. I am also practicing eating three square meals a day with nothing in between. PLEASE note that this does not work for everyone, and I would encourage you to check with your doctor, especially if you have an active ED diagnosis!! However, I prefer larger meals to snacks throughout the day...because for me, a snack could easily turn into a meal (or two).

You will love this group.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Diane - 19
    The Binge - 11
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky-19
    Binge-11

Big improvement from last month for me too. I will stay binge free today and make it 20-11!! I think those will be the best numbers since I joined this challenge in October! :smile:
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me: 25 days
    Binge: 5 days
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Jen - 30
    Binge - 0

Log it all: 30/31

Feeling some major cravings last night but I'm so close to one month without binging I didn't want to ruin it!
  • jackieKNJ
    Options
    SelfHelpJunky,

Thank you so much for your advice! I know every "cure" for binge eating will be different for everyone, but I've tried so many and failed (obviously). I just need to stick with something and go from there.

I am new at this "Reply" thing, so I apologize if this isn't how its done.

Already, I love this group. It is SO NICE knowing others struggle with the same issue(s).
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me -16.
    Binge - 15.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Greeky-19
    Binge-11

Big improvement from last month for me too. I will stay binge free today and make it 20-11!! I think those will be the best numbers since I joined this challenge in October! :smile:
    Awesome!! and the fact that you are being so positive is a great switch of attitude for you too!! Love it and proud of you. We can always find something positive to focus on vs. negatives. Keep up the good work!