No more Late Night Snacking - Feb 2013

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
If you munch all evening and are unhappy about it
or if you eat half of your calories at night
or if you binge on the couch and want to stop that
join us in this challenge of stopping the bad habits.

Read more on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1621-lns-fighters
and be part of our group by reporting as often as you find it necessary in this thread.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Here's to a successful short month!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Just marking this thread.....thanks for starting it, dewdrop!
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One night down...yes!

2/1

Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just found this group. LNS is my undoing. The description of eating dinner and then just keeping on going until bed.... yup. Exactly. In addition, I have trouble sleeping, whether or not I've been grazing, don't think it's related, but often I'll just have to give up and get out of bed due to tossing, turning, restless legs, disturbing my husband, etc., and I'll get up and read and that's when the snack monster really takes over. I'll try to eat something to make me sleepy.... carbohydrates, calcium -- cereal with milk, or just warm milk, and then something takes over and I start eating junk food. If there's no junk food available I'll make up weird stuff, odd combinations of stuff like peanut butter and sugar. No, I am not on Ambien!!! :laugh: I took it for years and just got off it within the last 6 months or so. I sleep-ate very strange stuff on Ambien. I will never take it again. Ever.

Anyway.... here I am. I can't score myself for Feb. 1 yet because the day isn't over until I wake up in the morning. I'll report then. I'm doing well so far, closed out my food diary under goal. Hope I don't use the 200 or so calories I have "left" as an excuse to start eating later. If I get stressed later tonight maybe I'll get on this forum and see if anyone's up for support.
  • Elliehmltn
    Options
    Ahhh, made it through last night. Now I can score it.

2/1/13 My commitment - 1
    LNS - 0
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 1*

last night was hard as i made my daughter popcorn but did not have any myself as i had no calories left.....but i did it!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Dewdrop

ME - 1
    LNS - 0

**Ellie** - WELCOME to our family, and MAKING it through your first day! Day by Day, Step by Step...you can DO THIS! (big smile)..WTG
    **TH** (Hi Total Health)...I like to nickname my Pals here if I don't know your real name here on MFP :smile: WTG in the month of February soo far! You are moving in the right direction for sure :)
    **Karen** - Making popcorn for your daughter and NOT having any is hands DOWN, to be APPLAUDED...Clapping hysterically...:laugh: and you SO deserve it!!
    **Kris** Happy belated birthday..I hope it was as SPECIAL as you are :happy:

I had a ROUGH Jan 31,...I just FLIPPED, and ate Junk foods like it was going out of style...I met my calorie intake, thanks to my exercise calories...FORTUNATELY, I had my LNS group to make me STOP (mentally). 4 months now...I've been LNS free...but, those pesky cravings will sneak up on me...especially if I eat a bit of sugar (sigh). I am an admitted sugarholic...sooo although I feel I can indulge once in a while...I pay the price :ohwell: Sooo, I am back on track...I am following something called Whole30, suggested by another Pal of mine. I've done Southbeach Diet, and low carb before...NOW, I am just learning to eat HEALTHY that does not include too many processed foods. Just glad to see everyone! Keep the Faith and Focus in yourself :):)

Hugs and Smiles :flowerforyou:
    Deb
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm super excited for this great short month. Thanks for being here so I can stop and think about what is going in my mouth.

Welcome to Ellie...we all need a little accountability. I love being able to add days to the Me category!!! In the beginning I was so hungry at night that it effected my sleep. I just gutted through it and now the cravings are decreased...

Deb...like you I just blew it on the 31st...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????.. Oh well, time to reorganize and start down the straight and narrow path again. You do a great job of eating but staying within your calorie limit. That's my goal this month!!

Karen, I second Deb's comment...that is will power you can lean on. Wow, girl...way to go!!!

Happy to report:
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    2/2

Me: 2
  • marpeters
    Options
    Yeah.... All this talk about popcorn, and the popcorn at the basketball game I attended left me craving. So I air-popped some with flax oil drizzled on it. WAS WONDERFUL!!!

Happy to report:
    Me: 2

Hope everyone has a super Superbowl Sunday. Be smart...bring veggies :)
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in again :drinker:

Me 1
    LNS 1

After a really healthy week on Friday night I went to a party and I munched on crisps, had 2 juicy drinks and had 6(!!?) fairy cakes till late at night. But I hope not to go near food after my cut off time of 8.30pm again for the foreseeable. Except on nights I go running with the club. After those I re fuel, so I don't count those.

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
    Sorry, no time to read posts this morn. I will read later
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 2

Deb- it seems that once we start on something we can't seem to stop. So frustrating. Like we are taken over by an alien being. For me the key is not to take that first nibble of whatever is tempting meLast evening i joined my brother and sister and their spouses at Milestones for a birthday dinner. Actually i came for tea and dessert cause i had no money. I had looked at the dessert menu on line and saw that an apple crisp was 800 calories and cheesecake was 1030!! although i had 757 left over for the day ( my exercise calories) i did not want to use them on empty foods so i chose a small bowl of gelato instead. When they asked why i told them and they were shocked at the amount of calories. Everyone made better choices with that information but we still had a nice little treat.
  • marpeters
    Options
    Wow, Karen,
    You really used good sense and the power of a plan. It is shocking to see the calorie totals. Almost makes me want to live in New York City so I can see the calorie totals of everything offered. What a great idea!!! So, you are off to a great start! I'm starting off strong. Having great satisfying meals and my hunger pangs are far less than this time last month.

I agree that if you get started it's all down hill. So let's grab a tea instead!!!

Me: 3
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    2/3

• gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm dead even so far!

LNS: 1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been making sure I'm getting in my calories before 8:30 pm....and, so far, it's eliminated my urges to eat after 9!
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 3
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    2/4

Me: 4
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Me 3 : :bigsmile:
    LNS 1 :grumble:
  • Elliehmltn
    Options
    Ahhh, made it through last night. Now I can score it.

2/1/13 My commitment - 1
    LNS - 0
    2/2/13 My commitment - 1
    LNS - 0
    2/3/13 My commitment - ?
    LNS - ? It wasn't late night, it was early afternoon after missing lunch?
    2/4/13 My commitment - 1
    LNS - 0 (Planned snack, ate that, no binge!!)