*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on squats! And belly busters :) maybe tally squats and crunches? Or what's a good lower ab workout?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- it's been a rough few days (not food wise--well, maybe that too!) so I've been kind of MIA. I have our food tasting for the wedding today. That is at 1pm so I am hoping to have a late morning snack and then hopefully whatever I am tasting can be considered my lunch so I don't have to waste extra calories.

We have a slight problem with our group challenge. We should have decided by Monday, because we were supposed to be doing it this week. :-/
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thought of that too... can we decide on something for this week that is more general.. like how many minutes we worked out.. so that we can easily go back and look at how long we worked out and give ourselves poitns for that?? Points for cardio and points for weights??
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    Points for cardio and weights sounds good for this week.
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    oops
  • kikiallain
    Options
    So just two more days until weigh in.. have we decided on how we wnated to calculate those teams points.. i say we stick to something like minutes worked out and then if it ever comes up again we can focus on squats/lunges (inner/outer thigh workouts).
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Points for minutes worked out sounds good. I get a big fat zero. LOL. This was a very bad week for me. I've gone over 3 days, ate out all kinds of places and not made good choices. Luckily, weight stayed the same (I got lucky there!). Tomorrow is back ont he wagon though, I need to learn not to give in.
  • kluginbill1
    kluginbill1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So are we doing 1 pt for every 10 minutes or something like that? We have a 70 point maximum for the Activity section for the week :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Still need to hear from 16 girls! Let's get those numbers in! Even if you haven't lost, don't skip out. Everyone has done a great job so far. :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    So are we doing 1 pt for every 10 minutes or something like that? We have a 70 point maximum for the Activity section for the week :)

I think that's the best option. :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Still need to hear from a few of you...are you out there? ;)

athorson8 (Angela)
    autumnsanders (Autumn) -
    BrandyBarrett (Brandy) -
    crystalina888-
    Fit_Is_Fabulous (Megan) -
    futurestarz (Amanda) -
    jesyka (Jesyka) -
    kyrabeth1986 (Carla) -
    Methinksabout (Meike)
    minkyrunner (Carolyn) -
    missquela (Miquela) -
    OhioBride (Candace) -
    rock_kowgurl (Kelly)
    sjr4291 (Sarah) -
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Let's go girls!! Check in is very important!! It helps us motivate each other!! It's what this group is all about!! We only have 4 to 6 months to go for our weddings!!! Let's show these other girls how it's done :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    This weeks challenge is exercise minutes! That should be great for everyone since we all like to do different things. I am going to have to get out there and get walking. I wanted to start doing JM Shred but I've got a killer sore throat (I've been fighting off whatever crud my fiancee had for about a week- 10 days now.) and I'm afraid the huffing and puffing will make that worse. Maybe I'll start March 1 and do it 30 consecutive days- that would be ideal.

So, what does everyone need to improve on this week? I need to watch what I eat better and I need to start drinking water- no excuses! One bottle before every meal- I need to do it.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    I am definetly not off to a good start! Didn't finish logging yesterday because well.. no excuses, I was lazy and tired!! Didn't even do a workout because I had to go take out my dog at lunchtime instead of going to the gym (my roomate usualyl does it but she's away until tonight). Same thing today.. can't go do my workout at lunchtime... and tonight is shrove tuesday so it's pancakes at the fiance's church tonight! Will get a workout in tonight though because I want to get some challenge points in!! This week will definitely be a tough one eating wise because for valentines day we're going out for pasta (which we havne't done for a couple of months) then on fridya night we decided to do a nice romantic chocolate fondu in!! So obviously this week own't be good food wise but i'm hoping if I can just get some workouts in, the damage won't be too bad!!

On the wedding side, well I got my dress in!! And just for you all, here are is a picture :) Hopefully the picture won't be too big or too dark.

2m4q7tv.jpg
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Beautiful dress!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    christine, you look fantastic in your dress.

Me on the other hand. I am in a funk that I need to snap out of. I just don't want to put the effort in. I love working out and I am running 3-5 days a week, and doing weights. It's the food side I can't handle. I just want to put everything in my mouth and that means not good food choices. I need to stop. I know alot of it is cravings. I am due to start my period. I just can't stop eating.
  • bbtano
    Options
    Gorgeous dress! Congrats on crossing that off your to-do list!

Amy, how many brides were you still lacking when you turned in our results? I noticed we are dead last in both categories. :( Do you think it's party because we had so many people not reporting this week?

I'm going to try and hit the gym a few extra times this week (usually have a goal of 3 days/60 min per day) to earn some more points! Come on Daffodils! Let's try to move up in the standings for next week! :)
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a stunning dress! U look great in that dress.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Gorgeous dress! Congrats on crossing that off your to-do list!

Amy, how many brides were you still lacking when you turned in our results? I noticed we are dead last in both categories. :( Do you think it's party because we had so many people not reporting this week?

I'm going to try and hit the gym a few extra times this week (usually have a goal of 3 days/60 min per day) to earn some more points! Come on Daffodils! Let's try to move up in the standings for next week! :)

We were missing 11 brides. :( I turned results in twice for the few who sent them after I did the first time and still down 11. Some are not participating in the STAR challenge, some haven't responded at all. Maybe after taking a peek at who has not checked in- they will be removed if it's been 2-3 weeks? I'm not sure what the plan is.
  • bbtano
    Options
    I think if they haven't reported in for two weeks in a row, the plan was to remove them from the group wasn't it? How many total are in our group? Eleven not reporting sounds like a lot!