February 6 week 6 pack!!!

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
New month, new workout! And who better to choose then Jillian!

I've just completed 30 day shred in December and Ripped in 30 in January, so I'm ready for a new challenge. Everyone is welcome to join, no matter when you started the DVD. Check in and keep each other motivated for the best results!

Come on, we've got this! Here's to a lush summer body!

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just sent you an invite to my 6w6p group. I am currently doing 6w6p and really like the workout. The side planks are a bit of a challenge, but everyday I can hold them a tad longer than the day before. I just wrapped up week 1.:smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11653-6-week-6-pack-who-is-with-me
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I may start tomorrow, but more than likely Tuesday because I'll be out late getting my son to and from his night class.
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is actually my 3rd week...but I'm doing part 1 for 4 weeks instead of 3 because I missed more days than I would have liked during weeks 1 & 2.

How many days per week is everyone doing it? I know she suggests 5 days on the DVD but I feel guilty and lazy if I don't do at least 6 days, haha.
  • Tina2Cats
    Options
    Hi blueboxblues, this is my 2nd week on 6w6p and last week, I did 5 days and Saturday, I did yoga meltdown. Sunday, was a rest day. I know JM suggests 5 days, but it's really up to you if you do the 5 or 6.

tdbernrd, you already looked toned, but more 6w6p can't hurt.
  • tdbernrd
    Options

Oh, no. That's not me. It's the abs I want. I used to have that but not anymore. I hope I'm not misleading people. I'm visual. I need a constant picture of where I want to be. I found that picture on the web. My little Buttercup ticker is for the badass within me.
  • Tina2Cats
    Options

Oh, no. That's not me. It's the abs I want. I used to have that but not anymore. I hope I'm not misleading people. I'm visual. I need a constant picture of where I want to be. I found that picture on the web. My little Buttercup ticker is for the badass within me.

Thanks for your honesty. I too am a visual person and I'd love to have those abs. One thing that keeps me going in JM's dvd's is seeing her abs and that of the girls she uses to do the moves. In 6w6p during the 2nd circuit, Jillian speeds things up and says that she wants to see the bad *kitten* in us come out.:laugh:
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Yesterday I felt really off, I just did not care about doing it! I got through it, not without unnecessary breaks for water and just zoning out. I think the problem is I'm getting bored with it. I was going to do Level 1 next week since I missed a few days, but screw that I'm moving on to Level 2. I need to push myself harder and stop making excuses!

How is everyone else doing??
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this tomorrow - I'm bored of RI30 now.
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    I haven't been able to start 6W6P. I made the mistake of loaning out my dvd so my coworker could see the moves. I haven't gotten it back, yet. I've been doing Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism. It's all cardio. I burned a lot of calories, but I'm ready to complete 6W6P.
    @blueboxblues-I've started 6W6P twice because somewhere along the way I got bored and stopped after only doing level one. I was going to mix it up with one of my other Jillian dvds. I was hoping that would keep me from running for the hills. LOL!
    @Amanda372-Welcome! I was the same way towards the end of RI30.
  • tdbernrd
    Options

Thanks for your honesty. I too am a visual person and I'd love to have those abs. One thing that keeps me going in JM's dvd's is seeing her abs and that of the girls she uses to do the moves. In 6w6p during the 2nd circuit, Jillian speeds things up and says that she wants to see the bad *kitten* in us come out.:laugh:

I'm ready for my badass to come out. I just got to get my dvd back. I will learn to stop sharing my Jillian dvds. They never come back.:grumble: <--Plus this is how I feel once I loan it.
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Level 1 finished! Starting level 2 tomorrow.

absprogress021013_zps5e5fe057.jpg

I think the worst part (besides how bored I got after 2 1/2 weeks) was the side lunges with a bend. I don't have a whole lot of room in the room I workout it and I can't tell if it's the move that really difficult (which I'ms ure it is regarldes) or the fact that I'm trying to limit my leg length!
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of 6W6P today. I enjoyed it! Not sure if I am going to do this exclusively - I may alternated days with another dvd.
  • Tina2Cats
    Options
    blueboxblues, what a tremendous difference in the before and after photos!:happy: You look great!

Amanda, alternating is cool as I get bored too with the same thing. I am on week 3 of 6w6p and ready for level 2 next week. On my off days, I do her other dvds.
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    I usually do the Jillian DVD in the afternoon (after work) but was busy Monday & Tuesday and was afraid to miss today so I woke up early to do it...big mistake for me! I have to stop for too many water breaks so it's much longer than 1/2 hour when I do it. :tongue: I was only able to do one circuit or else I would have been late for work.

Also it was my first time doing level 2...it wasn't difficult so much as it involved coordination I just don't have! Something I'll get used to in the next few days, but there was a lot of staggering and falling into walls. I can barely do the diagonal getups from level 1 because I can't coordinate my opposite leg & arm to do the same thing:laugh:

Lesson learned, make the time to do these in the afternoon so I can get through both circuits!
  • Tina2Cats
    Options
    I'll have to take a look at level 2 and see what it's all about. This is my last week of level 1.
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Is it cool to join in but use JM's Killer Abs dvd? I am on level 2, fourth week (one level for two weeks, 5x a week). I need some motivation to get me through! One more workout tomorrow morning on level 2 and I am going to level 3 on Sunday.
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Is it cool to join in but use JM's Killer Abs dvd? I am on level 2, fourth week (one level for two weeks, 5x a week). I need some motivation to get me through! One more workout tomorrow morning on level 2 and I am going to level 3 on Sunday.

Nice!! How is Killer Abs? Is it 3 levels, 2 weeks each? I was thinking about picking that up soon too!
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It is three levels-but you progress as you feel ready for the next level. I have been doing each for two weeks because I get rather bored quickly when doing it for 5 days straight. I just finished my first level three workout. It is seriously difficult! I couldn't do one single advanced move. It went from a very do-able level two to o.m.gosh-I am going to get sick. LOL :). Gotta love Jillian for pushing us!

Killer Abs doesn't have as many plank positions/variations as 6w6p (until week 3). It is a good workout. I am fitting into my skinny jeans. Hoping after the next two weeks they will be a bit looser!
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Could I possibly join in? I have done 30 DS and just finished RI30 in January. I just finished my first week of 6W6P last week! I was part of a group for RI30 but wanted something for 6W6P as there aren't that many groups for it and I'd love the support!

Is anyone close to being done/have any real results?
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Could I possibly join in? I have done 30 DS and just finished RI30 in January. I just finished my first week of 6W6P last week! I was part of a group for RI30 but wanted something for 6W6P as there aren't that many groups for it and I'd love the support!

Is anyone close to being done/have any real results?

Woohoo! I just started week 1 level 2 (last week should have been week 1 but I got home ridiculously late EVERY DAY, total fluke that never happens!). I posted my progress picture from level 1, I don't have a six pack by any means but I definitely don't feel so squishy. Also noticing unexpected differences in my arms and thighs!