Day 1

Options
amsthegreat
amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
Check in here for day one. What did you do to be active today? Did you make healthy choices?

Replies

• amsthegreat
    Options
    Day 1:

Walking to/from Gym: 20 min
    Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace: 5 min
    Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile): 10 min
    Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace: 5 min
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog: 10 min
    Walking to/from Gym: 20 min

Bowling: 120 min
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ok so im going to do a 30min walk and then hopefully when I get back from that I will find one of my fitness dvds and do that for the first time in ages.. I'm also cleaning my room today so doing lots more activity than I normally would on my day off!!
  • jenscrimshaw
    jenscrimshaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I missed swimming this morning because I have a cold and didn't want to pass it on.
    Instead I am taking my dog for a run later, followed with 90 squats, 90 arm exercises and 60 stomach exercises. Woo!!!!
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    Montana, that's a great way to get in some exercise!

Excellent job coming up with an alternative plan, jen. :)
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey just joined. Perfect start to my lent = eating non processed foods, exercising.

So my day 1, heading off to a spin lesson very shortly :)
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    Hey just joined. Perfect start to my lent = eating non processed foods, exercising.

By "processed foods" are you including bread, cheese, etc? If so, wow! I could never do that.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the challenge!!

Assuming yesterday (Tuesday) was the first day, I went for a 3.35 mile walk with my nephew and sister!
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So first day Tuesday February 12th I ran 3.0 miles in 27:56 minutes on the treadmill. I also completed a Back/Chest workout totalling 40 minutes. I am excited to stop stressing over the numbers on the scale not moving or moving too fast. It will be like a breath of fresh air to just exercise and eat healthy and not worry about the other stuff!!!
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I thought it started today. Good thing I did a trial run yesterday.

1. Up at 5am, gym by 6am. Elliptical Trainer (35 min) and stretching for a total time of 45 minutes.
    2. Went to trader joes for groceries and had healthy homemade pizza and a small glass of wine.
    3. I tried to walk more at work, but working on a computer/phone all day- it's hard to get away.
    4. My fridge/pantry are filled with mostly clean foods. (thegraciouspantry.com for receipes!)
  • Sibbie0828
    Sibbie0828 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting today, February 13! I'm going for an interval run today after work to kick things off. I'm definitely looking forward to the next 40 days.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options

By "processed foods" are you including bread, cheese, etc? If so, wow! I could never do that.

Yup, i dont eat cheese anyways, bread/pasta/rice/potatoes :) I did it a week b4 xmas and lost 4lbs!
  • acolla03
    Options
    I am on a 1250 calorie diet already so I am following that TO A T!!! lol Today as a change to my normal routine I put the desk chair away so I am less tempted to sit and play on the computer. After dinner and getting kids to bed I'll be headed to the gym for my 1 hour cardio trip. :)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    15km on the bike,
    20 min heavy lifting
    30 min Zumba at home!
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, Day 1: I ate mindfully all day, completed the first day of my 30day shred video
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Day 1 - Tuesday, February 12th

Cleaned the shop for 1.5 hours to get ready for a client visit instead of sitting at my desk. No, technically this was not a standard workout but it was very physical work and I did work up a sweat. It was something I normally never do so I am counting it. I usually spend the whole work day at my computer. Day 2 I will have something that looks more like a workout.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    swimming a 1600 tonight and then playing ultimate Frisbee
  • mjg2400
    Options
    30 Day Shred - Level 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    30 minute dog walk - brisk pace
    :flowerforyou:
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Day 1:

30 minutes of vigorous stationary Biking
    25 minutes of 2.5 mph walking on the treadmill
  • flomo1979
    flomo1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Joined this forum today but I'm posting my workout from Fat Tuesday through the next 40 days:
    Feb 12- 42 min run, 6.7 mph treadmill

Today I plan to do the same, cardio for at least 40 minutes and light weights at home. I love that I found this post. Just the thought of focusing on working out every day and avoiding the scale for 40 days is liberating all in itself!!
  • acarey2002
    acarey2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - P90x Chest and Back 52 minutes and an attempt at Ab Ripper X.

Wednesday - Cardio X 40+ minutes