Introduce yourself here. I'll start...

Options
124»

Replies

• chio_04
    chio_04 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Maria, a full time student at UNLV. I've been a regular runner for about 4 years now. I have no problem making it to the gym at school as long as I have class. The problem is when I'm on break, then I rarely exercise. 15 miles a week sounds very easy and doable, and I hope it becomes a habit throughout breaks.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for the invitaion. 15 miles a week? I have been walking 2.5 miles a day for the past week, so I got this!!

I'm Chris, 50 years old, and had gastric bypass in August 2012. As of today my wight loss grand total is 96 pounds. 48 before surgery and 48 since. In the past month, I have found a new love...walking. However, it is getting colder and I am hoping to go to the maill daily to walk. I don't drive so I have to hitch a ride. Which I am doing today.

I was born and raised in Northern New York, but 12 years in Virginia and my thick Yankee blood has thinned way to much. I can't handle the cold anymore. :grumble:

I am married...11 years today...to Larry. Between us we have 4 kids, 7 cats and 3 birds. In addition to walking, I enjoy reading, bowling, and paper crafts.

Thanks for the invite!!
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I 'm Lynn and I would love to join in too. I've recently started walking and playing Zombies, Run! This week my new treadmill will arrive so I'm looking forward to keeping it up during the winter as well. Right now I'm walking and adding in a short jog, but I'm hoping to improve that.
  • tigesc
    tigesc Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris and I just joined this group. I run sporadically on my treadmill at home and am looking for some motivation to do it more often. I currently can run about 2 miles at a time consistently with a 3 miler added in on "good" days.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris and I just joined this group. I run sporadically on my treadmill at home and am looking for some motivation to do it more often. I currently can run about 2 miles at a time consistently with a 3 miler added in on "good" days.

Glad to have you on board!!! Hop right into the challenge thread when your ready :)
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm Charlene aka scrapscot. I'm 64 and recently retired (well February last year). I've been overweight most of my adult life and really want to get back to near where I was 30 years ago. I'm relatively healthy and want to stay that way. I lost weight the last time I "tracked" it, so I'm giving it a shot again! I look forward to the support on this forum.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Just joined the group today. I've been working on running using a treadmill for about 3 months now. I'm to the point I can run for about 25 to 30 minutes at a snails pace (10:42 mile). I've never really been much of a runner as I've preferred to ride a bike. But since I moved to an intown location last year, bike riding has been very sparse.

So, anyway, I've set up a goal of running 4 5K's this year.....one during each season. I really don't have any kind of time related goals, but I would like to actually run the whole route and not have to walk it.

Currently, I'm perusing a list of 5K's in GA for 2013. I'll choose one and post it here in a bit, as well as the 2013 5k challenge thread I started the other day.

Hope you all have a great new year! and wish you success in your goals.
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. joined today. I usually walk 4 miles 5 days a week, and I've just added snowshoeing to the mix for winter.

_ Kristin
  • dreamkrisann
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to this group and so excited to be here. My name is KrisAnn, Im 36 and a mother of 4. Im here to help loose weight. I have a treadmill and a eliptical that I workout on. I will definitly need to up my miles and it may take me a little bit to get there. I work out 5 days a week and 1.5 miles a day, sometimes alittle longer if I can. Cant wait to be on this journey with you all.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I love the idea of this group, thank you for starting this!
    I started running a few years back, did a lot of short races and one HM, then many things got in my way...but now I'm back!! Always needing motivation, I'm doing my 1st Marathon (NYC) this Fall, I'm starting to set longer runs, so I need every bit of help!
    Nice to meet you all, I'm looking forward towards meeting more fellow runners, walkers, joggers, crawlers!

M
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jeanne. I'm a runner. Even if I'm slow, and even if I've only been able to periodically get on the road in the last year. I'm hoping to be more committed now that spring is (hopefully) coming.