Starting today! Looking for other new paleo primal friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Aloemilk
    Aloemilk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Though it is true that you don't *need* to count calories, calories do affect the result. Even if you're eating strict paleo/primal, if you're eating 3500 calories a day you're going to gain weight ;) Rob Wolff actually suggests MILD calorie deficit for better results (if you aim to lose weight).

I log so that I can keep track of my ratios, and started with a relatively high calorie goal so as to not obsess over that part. If I don't cheat, I easily meet my goal... or stay under by as much as 600 calories without even trying!

Anyway, aside from logging constantly, I have an open diary so anyone can add me :)
  • msandwich
    Options
    Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution book has a 30 day meal plan. Maybe that would help.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I have been paleo/primal since July 2012. I cook all my dinners from scratch, swing kettlebells a whole lot, and I lift heavy weights.

I calculate my calories according to the IPOARM way-- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Friends have access to my food diary.
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Also new to Paleo/Primal. It's been going pretty well, feeling good. Would love some friends who share the interest as well! I started with the Well Fed cookbook, and have to say everything has been just amazing! I have made just about everything.

For those that track their macros, what is your goal percentages?
  • Aloemilk
    Aloemilk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Also new to Paleo/Primal. It's been going pretty well, feeling good. Would love some friends who share the interest as well! I started with the Well Fed cookbook, and have to say everything has been just amazing! I have made just about everything.

Mine are 60% fat, 30% protein and 10% carbs :)
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Macros are typically 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I've been primal since January or at least I think primal but I just got the book so I'll be reading to make sure I'm understanding it right.

Feel free to add me. I try to motivate but can be a tad inconsistent depending on how busy the day is.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my first ever Whole30 today!

Feel free to add me - I will try to keep on tracking while I do this (even though I think Whole30 encourages you not to). I am getting excited about putting the scales away for at least a month!

Edited due to poor grammar.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

My macros are set at 65% fat--25% protein--15% carbs.
  • CaroleC2B
    CaroleC2B Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am also new to this group :) It all started about a week ago when I decided to give up bread, rice and potatoes, starchy snacks. I have been doing pretty good but I need some direction/accountability. I had this Paleo book along with a cookbook gathering dust on my book shelf. I got it out yesterday.. I signed into MFP ( I'd joined a couple of years ago but dropped out) and looked up Paleo diet. A very nice and supportive MFP member suggested this group.
    I have to say that I am so happy that I can have fruit! I have to be careful because I will begin to convince myself that a whole water melon is a serving (LOL) I am still eating small amounts of dairy.
    I will check out the references posted below for explanation of Paleo vs Primal Paleo
    I am looking forward to the benefits of this new eating plan, and look forward to "meeting" like minded people!!
    Welcoming New Friends!
    Carole
  • misteraa
    Options
    Looking for new friends too, I'm doing Paleo as I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in December last year. So far have lost a good amount of weight and lowered my blood sugars :)
  • soozytroozy
    soozytroozy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. I have been Primal for about 4 months now and totally rely on Mark Sisson's cookbooks! I waver because I keep falling for high sugar content foods. However I have managed to cut out the grain and most dairy without problem.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    I have to say that I am so happy that I can have fruit! I have to be careful because I will begin to convince myself that a whole water melon is a serving (LOL) ...

Wait a minute...you mean to say that a watermelon is NOT a single serving size? Dang it! <grin>
  • cmain11699
    cmain11699 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To all: feel free to add me also!