status updates

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Single and looking, no real prospects at the moment and hit a drought on the dating sites.
    There is one guy I am meeting Saturday but he is leaving for 7 weeks to Asia....
  • kimad
    Options
    I would need someone incredibly independent and not looking to fill a whole in their life,

Funny, I seem to meet these men.
    I am incredibly independent and can't give a man 7 days a week.
    Hard to find a good balance, hey?
  • kimad
    Options
    Been seeing the same guy for about 9 months but I'm starting to really miss being single. I want more time for myself and to be more selfish and less giving. Is that terrible? Meh, I don't really care either way. Sometimes I feel like his mother. And that's a terrible feeling.

I don't think that's terrible, sounds like maybe you just don't have the right balance that YOU need.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Been seeing the same guy for about 9 months but I'm starting to really miss being single. I want more time for myself and to be more selfish and less giving. Is that terrible? Meh, I don't really care either way. Sometimes I feel like his mother. And that's a terrible feeling.

I don't think that's terrible, sounds like maybe you just don't have the right balance that YOU need.

Finding balance is hard....have one that I see one day a week, and another that wants to see me and haven't met yet and he already doesn't like that I have school 2 nights/week!!! I need someone right in the middle :)
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Single and looking, no real prospects at the moment and hit a drought on the dating sites.
    There is one guy I am meeting Saturday but he is leaving for 7 weeks to Asia....

As for drought on dating site....it will come back-feast or famine :drinker:
  • kimad
    Options

Finding balance is hard....have one that I see one day a week, and another that wants to see me and haven't met yet and he already doesn't like that I have school 2 nights/week!!! I need someone right in the middle :)

It is hard to find that balance - 1 day a week wouldn't be enough for me in the long term. I would probably say about 3 depending on what the plans where. But someone who is upset because you have school 2 nights a week kind of surprises me. I guess at this point in my life - with my interests and my kids - I want someone who needs their time too.

I like on Eharmony they have one of the guided questions that says something like 'how much personal space do you need a week' I ALWAYS used this question because I have created a nice busy schedule for the kids and I, and there is no possible way I can be with someone 24/7.

ETA: I should say as a relationship progresses and possibly moves toward marriage/living together, etc. that my time available would change. I am meaning more so early on in the first year or so.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    He prefers girls with no holes to fill

Well this sure went downhill quickly, didn't it?

You're welcome.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Currently seeing someone for 4 months, he is a great guy and we have fun together.
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd met a good guy, went out twice, then he has Poofed. Which sucks cause I thought there was some potential.

So now, back to the dating site... again... ughhhh
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Had a first date with a guy from POF on saturday, have a second date set up for wed. Even though I am just kinda MEH about him right now I thought I would give it a second try and see if anything changes.
  • kimad
    Options
    Had a first date with a guy from POF on saturday, have a second date set up for wed. Even though I am just kinda MEH about him right now I thought I would give it a second try and see if anything changes.

Good for you!
    I always go for a second date if I am not repulsed or have alot of red flags/concerns.

let us know how it goes :)
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Single. Not particularly looking. I thought about trying an online dating site but it seems like the overall concession in Single Peeps is stay away. It seems like 90% of my friends are married with 50% of them wanting to intruduce me to friends, co-workers, sisters etc. which keeps my social life intresting.
  • kimad
    Options
    Single. Not particularly looking. I thought about trying an online dating site but it seems like the overall concession in Single Peeps is stay away. It seems like 90% of my friends are married with 50% of them wanting to intruduce me to friends, co-workers, sisters etc. which keeps my social life intresting.

that is awesome that they are trying to set you up. I wish I had some friends who had single male friends ;)
  • Moe4572
    Options

that is awesome that they are trying to set you up. I wish I had some friends who had single male friends ;)

Yeah, if you have people that can set you up.......that is awesome. Dating sites are not all bad.........
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Single and looking. No current prospects. Several male friends. One that sometimes we are especially friendly. :wink:

Have not tried online dating as of yet but may give it a try in the near future.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Its got its ups and downs. While I enjoying going out with frends and meeting new people, sometimes (mostly the wives) focus too hard on being the "match maker" turning what should be an enjoyable upbeat evening with everyone into a evening filled with anxiety for the two that don't know each other because the "match maker" is overly focused on matching two friends up.
  • kimad
    Options

Its got its ups and downs. While I enjoying going out with frends and meeting new people, sometimes (mostly the wives) focus too hard on being the "match maker" turning what should be an enjoyable upbeat evening with everyone into a evening filled with anxiety for the two that don't know each other because the "match maker" is overly focused on matching two friends up.

This I could appreciate for sure.
    It would be nicer if maybe after the evening was over, said wife could see if the lady in question was interested and set up a date or something.
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Umm... my status.. "its complicated" ?

Definitely single. Still living with my ex as roommates ONLY till spring. Talking to a couple individuals from online, but no strong interest on my side yet. Have some meetings set up for this week.

Have two "friends", who I have been "friendly" with before..but neither want relationships...and I am not sure I really have the personality to do a FWB situation. Simply am too sensitive and get attached easily. I always want it to mean something! Not sure FWB is on offer anyway - but they are both very nice, respectful individuals. One I am trying pretty hard not to like, to be honest.

I anticipate taking my profile down from POF pretty quick, simply because I don't think I am ready for this. I find the amount of men around me a little overwhelming, distracting, and I am supposed to be focusing on improving myself right now. But, am a bit of an attention *kitten* and it is so fun! Argh.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

The downside makes sense, but I still wish I had some friends who could fix me up from time to time too.
  • Moe4572
    Options

The downside makes sense, but I still wish I had some friends who could fix me up from time to time too.

I don't have any friends that can set me up either........but, hey PJ.........when you move down here, I have some available cousins around your age :tongue: :noway: